Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Lynn: WT Head Coach!

Welcome to our new HC, Josh Lynn. It's a great day to be a Buffalo!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-13-2022, 06:42 PM.

We all agree this is a good hire -- right
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      We all agree this is a good hire -- right
      That is, until it’s not.

Remember, Hughes was a great hire too at one time.

Comment

He did great things at UNK. took them from zeroes to heroes as a team and more importantly he changed the culture of the administration. His offense is a one trick pony that is player dependent, I would be shocked if TJ Davis isn't in the portal by breakfast tomorrow. Kid is a stud on the ground his arm iffy at best. Lynn will need to hire a good DC and be willing to put scholly money on that side of the ball. UNK got exposed by Pitt twice and NW twice and by Angelo State in the playoffs last year. I think you hired a high floor 8-3 type with an occasional 9-2 and if things break right 10-1 with playoff appearances. Schematically that offense gets ground to a halt in the playoffs see OBU vs NW this year but making the playoffs gives you a chip and a chair. Nice hire

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Welcome to our new HC, Josh Lynn. It's a great day to be a Buffalo!
          What are we running the wishbone? Geeeeeze are we going to be called West Texas State or West Texas Normal?

turn back the clock it’s 1950s again

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

What are we running the wishbone? Geeeeeze are we going to be called West Texas State or West Texas Normal?

turn back the clock it’s 1950s again
            I’m good with West Texas State. We had a great coach in Joe Kerbel, who irked the administration. So he was fired and replaced by a clown who tried to run the wishbone.

Comment

Welcome Josh Lynn. My expectations are high.

Comment

I want this hire to be successful but I don’t understand the logic. The fan base wants excitement and high scoring offense. Maybe I’m just being paranoid but it seems like the AD is doing the opposite of what we want. Is it hard feelings?

I don’t know but the atmosphere has been conflict since 2013. I was hoping for a peace offering hire. A hire that said “ I care what the fans want “. Not I’ll do it my way.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

That is, until it’s not.

Remember, Hughes was a great hire too at one time.
                  Problem with this statement is Hughes wasn't a successful head coach at multiple programs. He was a successful coordinator that WT was taking a chance on for his first head coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                    I want this hire to be successful but I don’t understand the logic. The fan base wants excitement and high scoring offense. Maybe I’m just being paranoid but it seems like the AD is doing the opposite of what we want. Is it hard feelings?

I don’t know but the atmosphere has been conflict since 2013. I was hoping for a peace offering hire. A hire that said “ I care what the fans want “. Not I’ll do it my way.
                    My son played for him at NMMI & then followed him to ENMU and since then I followed his career. He treated my son very well. He has ran three different offenses at each of his stops. He was a gun spread offense at NMMI. That threw the ball more than they ran it. I wouldn’t call it air raid but similar. U know what he did at ENMU. What he did at UNK was completely different than ENMU. I wouldn’t be surprised if u get something different at WT. I personally don’t think he will run an option offense at WT.

The thing I don’t get is why he would leave UNK for fewer scholarships. Could WT be funded with 27 from public money and the other 9 be funded by a private source. Like maybe a foundation or fundraising

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                      He did great things at UNK. took them from zeroes to heroes as a team and more importantly he changed the culture of the administration. His offense is a one trick pony that is player dependent, I would be shocked if TJ Davis isn't in the portal by breakfast tomorrow. Kid is a stud on the ground his arm iffy at best. Lynn will need to hire a good DC and be willing to put scholly money on that side of the ball. UNK got exposed by Pitt twice and NW twice and by Angelo State in the playoffs last year. I think you hired a high floor 8-3 type with an occasional 9-2 and if things break right 10-1 with playoff appearances. Schematically that offense gets ground to a halt in the playoffs see OBU vs NW this year but making the playoffs gives you a chip and a chair. Nice hire
                      Excellent assessment. I don't think WT is the right fit for a good ol devout catholic boy....70707. And the LSC is very accustomed to his offense and defending against it.

Now, he will have better resources at WT than when he was at ENMU. So maybe we will see a different outcome.

I just hope WT can rise from its sad state and become competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Problem with this statement is Hughes wasn't a successful head coach at multiple programs. He was a successful coordinator that WT was taking a chance on for his first head coaching job.
                        Do you consider .565 successful?

If so, GOD bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

My son played for him at NMMI & then followed him to ENMU and since then I followed his career. He treated my son very well. He has ran three different offenses at each of his stops. He was a gun spread offense at NMMI. That threw the ball more than they ran it. I wouldn’t call it air raid but similar. U know what he did at ENMU. What he did at UNK was completely different than ENMU. I wouldn’t be surprised if u get something different at WT. I personally don’t think he will run an option offense at WT.

The thing I don’t get is why he would leave UNK for fewer scholarships. Could WT be funded with 27 from public money and the other 9 be funded by a private source. Like maybe a foundation or fundraising
                          If a private source pays 9 football scholarships, then the president will proceed to cut another 9. And this isn't just a football issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Do you consider .565 successful?

If so, GOD bless.
                            I consider Lynn's last two years at Kearney with a 17-5 MIAA record and a road playoff win to be extremely successful.

Comment

UNK was absolutely terrible, and didn't even fund enough schollies toever have a hopeof competing when he got there. Like someone else said, he was involved with changing the entire mindset of the administration. He turned UNK into a legit competitor in a very tough conference.

His teams are disciplined and physical. They don't make a ton of mistakes, and are usually fundamentally sound.

Like others have said, his teams have all had different offenses, so he has shown flexibility in that aspect. That said,, if WT is only running at 80 percent schollies, I wouldn't be too quick to turn up my nose at an option offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X