Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I think he will but can he make WT football GREAT again? That remains to be seen. Like I said before, this is a safe hire, not a great one. I think we will have 7-8 wins in 2023 if Lynn can find a QB because Caleb is not going to cut it, no matter what offense is used.

I watched the video of Lynn's introduction. What's up with McBroom hugging him? He did the same with Hughes, look how that turned out. Also Lynn made a spine-chilling comment about the 4th and 5th year players pushing the team to be better (paraphrased). That sounded Hunteresque.

I'm thinking both guys should be wearing better shoes at press conferences. Someone get their sizes and go over to Payless and pick up a couple of pair. Is it still 2 pairs for $5? ;)

I remember in 2013, the infamous Nesbitt caretaker year, that ENMU beat us by a point thanks to a 2 point conversion. I remember the ENMU coach at the time saying something to the effect of "why not go for it, we hadn't beaten them in many years". I was impressed. Lynn was that coach, and he had a great record against Nesbitt, even beating us twice one year.

It's not going too far out on a limb to predict that WT will beat SFU next year!

That statement brought back a very painful memory for me. Years ago moonlighting at Zale Jewelry to pay for grad school and I needed a pair of dress shoes because mine were wore out. I went to men’s shoe store in the mall and tried on some really nice Florsheim Wingtips I think. But after hearing the price I had second thoughts and as I was leaving I saw a Payless and there was the same pair of shoes for $35. I purchased the shoes and the very next evening at work my feet were killing me so bad I had to take them off before closing. My feet had swelled so much it was unbelievable. As I walked to my car in the parking lot in socks there was a dumpster in which I deposited the shoes. The next day I went back to the men’s shoe store and purchased them. I ended up costing myself even more money. Stupid tax. Knowing me I knew not return the Payless shoes to get my money back because I needed to learn a lesson. I have never tried to save money on shoes since that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That statement brought back a very painful memory for me. Years ago moonlighting at Zale Jewelry to pay for grad school and I needed a pair of dress shoes because mine were wore out. I went to men’s shoe store in the mall and tried on some really nice Florsheim Wingtips I think. But after hearing the price I had second thoughts and as I was leaving I saw a Payless and there was the same pair of shoes for $35. I purchased the shoes and the very next evening at work my feet were killing me so bad I had to take them off before closing. My feet had swelled so much it was unbelievable. As I walked to my car in the parking lot in socks there was a dumpster in which I deposited the shoes. The next day I went back to the men’s shoe store and purchased them. I ended up costing myself even more money. Stupid tax. Knowing me I knew not return the Payless shoes to get my money back because I needed to learn a lesson. I have never tried to save money on shoes since that time.
      There's nothing worse than bad shoes. I bought some mid priced Nike golf shoes years ago. I tried playing with them on a couple of times and I had to take them off midround. I haven't bought anything from Nike since.

I worked as a postal carrier in Amarillo a couple of summers. After a couple of days in my cheap shoes, I was convinced by other carriers to go get some good Red Wing shoes. They really helped.

At the press conference Lynn had on a dark suit and some kind of orange casual shoes. McBroom, also in a dark suit, had on some sneakers with a wavy sole. My old Red Wings would have looked better and they were work shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yeah, I don't budget shop shoes....quite the opposite. I have a problem. Haha

Comment

I never took TKW for a man that would critique another man's shoe choice. You must live in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Yeah, I don't budget shop shoes....quite the opposite. I have a problem. Haha
            The best fitting brand of shoes I've ever had were ASICS. I bought a pair that were perfect about 10 years ago and immediately bought a 2nd pair in a different color. Despite a variety of Nikes, Adidas, New Balance, Brooks, and Skechers, I always went back to those Asics.

We have a huge walk-in closet with built-ins for shoes and I found a home for @ 40 pairs of shoes. My wife never understood why I needed so damn much room for MY shoes when some (or all) of that room could have been used for her extra shoes. She coveted that space. Ha!

When I became paralyzed in 2019 and came home from the hospital Thanksgiving that year, I was "informed" that my shoes HAD to go. She thinned my 40 pairs down to 5 of my faves (Asics among them). My various home health care aides, nurses, and son-in-law wound up with a good $4,000 worth of shoes.

Today, I use the Skechers brand of Slip-ins. They are great! Standing with my walker I can slide right into them. Great shoes and very easy to get into. I recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

There's nothing worse than bad shoes. I bought some mid priced Nike golf shoes years ago. I tried playing with them on a couple of times and I had to take them off midround. I haven't bought anything from Nike since.

I worked as a postal carrier in Amarillo a couple of summers. After a couple of days in my cheap shoes, I was convinced by other carriers to go get some good Red Wing shoes. They really helped.

At the press conference Lynn had on a dark suit and some kind of orange casual shoes. McBroom, also in a dark suit, had on some sneakers with a wavy sole. My old Red Wings would have looked better and they were work shoes.
              For golf you should never stray far from Foot-Joys.

Comment

It’s time to ask the really important question. Is Coach Lynn going to get rid of those white helmets and go back to the maroon helmets? It must be done!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                  It’s time to ask the really important question. Is Coach Lynn going to get rid of those white helmets and go back to the maroon helmets? It must be done!
                  A repaint job with flat maroon paint and some white buffalo horns would look pretty sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                    ​​​​​I surely hope so. I remember being excited about the UA deal and football getting cool uniforms, only for Hughes to blow it and come up with the plainest and unimaginative **** possible.

Comment

• Let’s get back the silver helmets with the maroon and white WT. Like mayfield use to wear

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

​​​​​I surely hope so. I remember being excited about the UA deal and football getting cool uniforms, only for Hughes to blow it and come up with the plainest and unimaginative **** possible.
                        Not sure if that was all on Hughes. WT administration is hell bent on singular branding, and putting that blatant Virginia Tech logo rip-off on everything, from uniforms to basketball courts and end zones.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                          Not sure if that was all on Hughes. WT administration is hell bent on singular branding, and putting that blatant Virginia Tech logo rip-off on everything, from uniforms to basketball courts and end zones.
                          Maybe not, but after this last season I'll blame him anyway. I do remember him specifically saying in a press conference that he wanted a simple and clean look that reminds people of classic UT or OU type looks. That was after they released the new looks.

Comment

• I hear they the grapevine, Coach Lynn should have key assistant coaches in place soon after the new year. He's behind in recruiting, but so are UTPB, ENMU, and WNMU. I hope he can bring some key UNK players with him in the portal and find several other immediate contributors. Year one will be a transition year, but should be light years ahead of Hughes' year one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              I hear they the grapevine, Coach Lynn should have key assistant coaches in place soon after the new year. He's behind in recruiting, but so are UTPB, ENMU, and WNMU. I hope he can bring some key UNK players with him in the portal and find several other immediate contributors. Year one will be a transition year, but should be light years ahead of Hughes' year one.
                              It's definitely in better shape for Lynn than it was for Hughes in 2016. I'm most interested to see who he retains of the current staff, if anyone. Haddan and LeMay are for sure gone. Not sure about Wagner, Martin, Gibson or Miller. I think he keeps one for some continuity but maybe not. With Kearney not promoting from within, it seems more likely Lynn could bring anyone he wanted from his former staff.

Comment

• Hopefully he’ll promote Wagner to defense coordinator. I think he needs to keep coaches with Texas recruiting ties.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X