Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a couple of unk coaches have been confirmed as WT coaches per the unk thread in the miaa forum.

Comment

• Levi Gallas is now the DC at WT. He gave up 360 ypg at UNK in the MIAA.

WT in 2022 gave up 397 ypg in the LSC.

This is probably an upgrade. We'll see.

Also, Cody Russell, from UNK, is the new WR coach and co-STC.

Thought Lynn would bring his mega-successful OC Drew Thatcher to WT, but Thatcher is now the OC for Army (West Point). Too bad!
      Last edited by ASUPops; 01-14-2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        Levi Gallas is now the DC at WT. He gave up 360 ypg at UNK in the MIAA.

WT in 2022 gave up 397 ypg in the LSC.

This is probably an upgrade. We'll see.

Also, Cody Russell, from UNK, is the new WR coach and co-STC.

Thought Lynn would bring his mega-successful OC Drew Thatcher to WT, but Thatcher is now the OC for Army (West Point). Too bad!
        Their front 7 was pretty good last year. The back end was pretty soft by their standards. 6th in total D, but they were 3rd in scoring D, so total yards don't tell the story very well. In fact, they pretty much tell you nothing.

Kind of a wait and see for me on Gallas.

His predecessor cranked out some solid defenses, but I think 22 was just the 1st or 2nd year at DC for Gallas. He got promoted when the other guy left.

The man coverage that got worked over against Pitt with 12 seconds left probably cost UNK that game.

That was definitely a terrible call on his part. The upside is that the UNK DL has been good for quite while under him as dl coach.
        Last edited by Predatory Primates; 01-14-2023, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Also, without TJ Davis at QB, the UNK offense was fairly mediocre.

Thatcher cashed in at exactly the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Their front 7 was pretty good last year. The back end was pretty soft by their standards. 6th in total D, but they were 3rd in scoring D, so total yards don't tell the story very well. In fact, they pretty much tell you nothing.

Kind of a wait and see for me on Gallas.

His predecessor cranked out some solid defenses, but I think 22 was just the 1st or 2nd year at DC for Gallas. He got promoted when the other guy left.

The man coverage that got worked over against Pitt with 12 seconds left probably cost UNK that game.

That was definitely a terrible call on his part. The upside is that the UNK DL has been good for quite while under him as dl coach.
            He's bringing a couple of DL with him...I don't know if they are impact players or not. I haven't looked into it but I can hope they have better size than what Hughes recruited at DL

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

He's bringing a couple of DL with him...I don't know if they are impact players or not. I haven't looked into it but I can hope they have better size than what Hughes recruited at DL
              Here's one that just announced he's headed your way. https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...en-israel/7649

He started 7 games last year. 15 tackles, 9 solo, 3.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble

Comment

Not sure if size was a big target, or if it was just the abundance of Nebraska beef that dictated the size of their DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Here's one that just announced he's headed your way. https://lopers.com/sports/football/r...en-israel/7649

He started 7 games last year. 15 tackles, 9 solo, 3.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble
                  Beast!

Comment

• Yeah, WT is gonna be STACKED this upcoming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Thanks, the other one I saw coming to WT is Iziek
                      Soper. Looked him up and I don't see any stats from this last season.

Comment

Thanks, the other one I saw coming to WT is Iziek
                        Soper. Looked him up and I don't see any stats from this last season.
                        He appeared in 10 games but didn't have much for stats. 5 assisted tackles and a half TFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          Yeah, WT is gonna be STACKED this upcoming year.
                          I think I heard that about last year also. You're like watching a basketball official. Keep guessing you'll get one right.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I think I heard that about last year also. You're like watching a basketball official. Keep guessing you'll get one right.
                            WT DID have the talent last season. No doubt! It was the biggest let down in LSC recent history. Just a Three Stooges show!

In '23, there will be even MORE talent. MUCH more. And yes, with 36 FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS.
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 01-18-2023, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Talent, buy in, true team culture, continuous improvement, and hard work all have to be there before you can use the word stacked, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I was thinking more of a politician.

Elect me and you will have an abundance of 3 stars and LSC Championships.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X