Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good staff full of good young coaches. Several NM guys on staff. Guess I'll have to root for WT... except against ENMU! Wagon Wheel ought to be fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post
      Good staff full of good young coaches. Several NM guys on staff. Guess I'll have to root for WT... except against ENMU! Wagon Wheel ought to be fun!
      It's a great staff! That matched will all the talent they had, PLUS the key players brought in this year, WT should be looking at a LSC Championship in '23.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's a great staff! That matched will all the talent they had, PLUS the key players brought in this year, WT should be looking at an LSC Championship in '23.
        How do I move this post to the "Nothing but Crap" thread?
        Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 02-21-2023, 11:03 PM.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

How do I move this post to the "Nothing but Crap" thread?
          I'll bet WT finishes 1st or 2nd in the LSC in '23.

Comment

If ASU, MSU, and UTPB go D1 and is replaced by Wayland Baptist, Texas College, and North American.

Comment

It's a great staff! That matched will all the talent they had, PLUS the key players brought in this year, WT should be looking at a LSC Championship in '23.
              Hmm. We'll have to wait and see. However, at ENMU and UNK, Josh Lynn has PROVEN, he can win with far less resources than he will have at WT. THAT fact gives some hope to WT fans that we'll have better than a middling program. I hope you're right, to be in the fight for a championship would be a welcomed change.
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-22-2023, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• I see where the big tight end from WT took his name out of the portal and is coming back.. Is he any good??

Comment

The standard for teams at Wt is to be competitive at the regional level.
                  That means a sustained run of making the playoffs and playing in the regional championship game.
                  The sweet 16 for Basketball would be an example.

After talking to Josh Prock I have high expectations for Lynn.
                  I also had high expectations Hughes, and we know how that turned out.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

If ASU, MSU, and UTPB go D1 and is replaced by Wayland Baptist, Texas College, and North American.
                    Bet??

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Hmm. We'll have to wait and see. However, at ENMU and UNK, Josh Lynn has PROVEN, he can win with far less resources than he will have at WT. THAT fact gives some hope to WT fans that we'll have better than a middling program. I hope you're right, to be in the fight for a championship would be a welcomed change.
                      Be ready for change then!

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

The standard for teams at Wt is to be competitive at the regional level.
                        That means a sustained run of making the playoffs and playing in the regional championship game.
                        The sweet 16 for Basketball would be an example.

After talking to Josh Prock I have high expectations for Lynn.
                        I also had high expectations Hughes, and we know how that turned out.
                        This ain't Hughes!

Comment

• If WT is up by 3 with 12 seconds left, I'll bet the DC won't try press man coverage.

Again. Lol.

Comment

• Honestly, I think you'll be pleased with Lynn. He builds tough, physical teams and builds em right starting up front. I do think.it will take a few years to get his culture and players in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Honestly, I think you'll be pleased with Lynn. He builds tough, physical teams and builds em right starting up front. I do think.it will take a few years to get his culture and players in place.
                              I don't think the "culture" thing will be long-time coming. From what I'm hearing it's happening already. Hughes did have players who worked hard with good character and made grades. But, they wound up quitting on HIM. Lynn has a good base to build on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I don't think the "culture" thing will be long-time coming. From what I'm hearing it's happening already. Hughes did have players who worked hard with good character and made grades. But, they wound up quitting on HIM. Lynn has a good base to build on.
                                What was the story on everyone quitting on Hughes last season? Just an accumulation of things or was there an event that took place?

From my outsider perspective he was not willing to adjust and I wonder if that did the players in. I know as a fan it was maddening to watch them try the same thing over and over when it wasn't working. Both on offense and defense

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X