Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

What was the story on everyone quitting on Hughes last season? Just an accumulation of things or was there an event that took place?

From my outsider perspective he was not willing to adjust and I wonder if that did the players in. I know as a fan it was maddening to watch them try the same thing over and over when it wasn't working. Both on offense and defense
    I don't know. I haven't asked around about it. I have heard the days leading up to the Simon Fraser trip were a total disaster clusterf*ck rebellion whatever you wanna call it. I'll ask around.

Comment

• I don't think Hughes ever fully detached from his Pueblo days.

His last twitter post was congratulating Mines on their National championship run and posting pics from his Pueblo days as DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        I don't think Hughes ever fully detached from his Pueblo days.

His last twitter post was congratulating Mines on their National championship run and posting pics from his Pueblo days as DC.
        I'm not a psychiatrist, I'll cede that moniker to you, but you may be right. Hunter may be like the HS QB who shined at age 17........and lived the rest of his life on the playing fields of good ole Highlight High School.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-25-2023, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Josh Lynn will be front and center on Inside D2 Football in a few hours:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_CLW...ture=emb_title

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
            Josh Lynn will be front and center on Inside D2 Football in a few hours:

I enjoyed this and recommend watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I'm not a psychiatrist, I'll cede that moniker to you, but you may be right. Hunter may be like the HS QB who shined at age 17........and lived the rest of his life on the playing fields of good ole Highlight High School.
              Al Bundy Syndrome.

Comment

Josh Lynn will be front and center on Inside D2 Football in a few hours:

This is a really good, well-done interview. Enjoyed watching it - Thanks Brandon

BTW - When do season tickets go on sale?!?
                Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 03-02-2023, 10:48 PM.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Seeing on the PSAC board that Colorado Mesa grad transfer QB Karst Hunter has been offered by WT. Apparently IUP has offered him as well, which is why it’s on the PSAC board. Any word on whether he’s leaning one way or another?

Comment

Seeing on the PSAC board that Colorado Mesa grad transfer QB Karst Hunter has been offered by WT. Apparently IUP has offered him as well, which is why it’s on the PSAC board. Any word on whether he’s leaning one way or another?
                    No word on how he is leaning..he was in Canyon for a visit last weekend though. I think WT offered him several weeks ago and he just visited. I bet he takes his time and makes all the rounds.

Comment

• WT spring FB game is Saturday, April 22. Kickoff time has not been set yet but will probably be late morning or noon.

Comment

• I just noticed Coach Lynn has his spring roster up. 73 players if I counted correctly. That's less than the 100 or so that started the spring semester.

Only 1 QB, soph Kyle Brown. Coach Lynn told me had found a couple kids at WT with QB experience in HS to help out this spring throwing to receivers.

Obviously, there is a lot of serious recruiting going on behind the scenes. Besides the transfers coming in and the freshman recruiting class, I bet WT coaches are recruiting the hell out of the portal and fielding recruiting requests by the dozens. If you are talented and need a place to start over and get a chance to play right away, WT may fit a lot of players.

I don't see a OL coach listed. That could be a problem for spring ball.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-17-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• After watching the interview with Coach Lynn, this will be a run-heavy scheme. QBs will need some wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                            After watching the interview with Coach Lynn, this will be a run-heavy scheme. QBs will need some wheels.
                            I think it depends on the attributes of the players. Having had a chance to talk with Coach Lynn, I came away believing he is not wedded to putting a square peg in a round hole. And if you look at his OC's record at NMMI and TAMUK you'll find a run/pass ratio of @ 60/40. Coach Lynn said time and again he'll take what the defense gives. I do think he is preferential to a good triple option style run/pass type offense, which as you stated takes a QB with some wheels and real smarts. I'd keep an eye on RB Brian Akoye next year. He looked good as a true freshman and should thrive in a new offense. At 6'2 220 he has speed and size.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              I just noticed Coach Lynn has his spring roster up. 73 players if I counted correctly. That's less than the 100 or so that started the spring semester.

Only 1 QB, soph Kyle Brown. Coach Lynn told me had found a couple kids at WT with QB experience in HS to help out this spring throwing to receivers.

Obviously, there is a lot of serious recruiting going on behind the scenes. Besides the transfers coming in and the freshman recruiting class, I bet WT coaches are recruiting the hell out of the portal and fielding recruiting requests by the dozens. If you are talented and need a place to start over and get a chance to play right away, WT may fit a lot of players.

I don't see a OL coach listed. That could be a problem for spring ball.
                              Lynn coaches the OL’s. Or at least he did at ENMU and UNK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

Lynn coaches the OL’s. Or at least he did at ENMU and UNK.
                                That takes care of that. Thanks!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X