Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

Lynn coaches the OL’s. Or at least he did at ENMU and UNK.
    I don’t know about UNK but Lynn did not coach the OLs at ENMU he coached Db’s. Andrew McCraw was the OL coach and Lee took over the OLs for a few seasons when McCraw left before he came back for his second stint.

Comment

• Originally posted by gohounds View Post

I don’t know about UNK but Lynn did not coach the OLs at ENMU he coached Db’s. Andrew McCraw was the OL coach and Lee took over the OLs for a few seasons when McCraw left before he came back for his second stint.
      Yeah you might be right about that. I pretty sure he coached OL’s at UNk though.

pretty interesting interview I came across on twitter
      https://www.presspasssports.com/presspass-podcast/

Comment

Yeah you might be right about that. I pretty sure he coached OL’s at UNk though.

Good listen. Coach Lynn is a winner. If you're a WT fan, be prepared. Buy those season tickets. The BUZZ for FB will be back.

In the interview Lynn gives a good idea of what kind of offense he will run; the Gun. He said in 6 seasons at Kearney not one snap was under center. It sounds like a good system for RB's, dual threat QB's, and also WR's. He emphasized that his offense stretches D's vertically and horizontally. He emphasized the Buffs will throw the ball more than he did at Kearney. He said his D was similar to Hunter's but that they get in and out of multiple fronts/looks more often.

The interview starts at about the 18 minute mark of the show. Like I said, a good listen.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-26-2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Good listen. Coach Lynn is a winner. If you're a WT fan, be prepared. Buy those season tickets. The BUZZ for FB will be back.

In the interview Lynn gives a good idea of what kind of offense he will run; the Gun. He said in 6 seasons at Kearney not one snap was under center. It sounds like a good system for RB's, dual threat QB's, and also WR's. He emphasized that his offense stretches D's vertically and horizontally. He emphasized the Buffs will throw the ball more than he did at Kearney. He said his D was similar to Hunter's but that they get in and out of multiple fronts/looks more often.

The interview starts at about the 18 minute mark of the show. Like I said, a good listen.
          Yeah they were in the gun at unk, but it was a straight up option offense. For a couple of years they had a great TE who could catch anything, and a few super speedy WR's, but they never had a qb who was good enough to be 60-40 with any success.

Comment

I naturally assume when you say "gun" you are referring to the pistol offense. No?

Comment

That is an interesting interview - Thanks
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah they were in the gun at unk, but it was a straight up option offense. For a couple of years they had a great TE who could catch anything, and a few super speedy WR's, but they never had a qb who was good enough to be 60-40 with any success.
                What I gathered from the interview is that the offense is QB dependent. When he has a dynamic runner like TJ Davis then it is obviously going to lean more to the option side of things but if he has a kid who can throw then the offense can lean that way as well. Kind of what he did at NMMI. I think this is a good thing. I think to many coaches get married to an offense and don't have the ability to adjust based on the skill sets of there players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I naturally assume when you say "gun" you are referring to the pistol offense. No?
                  Yes. That's my assumption. Now, if we can just find a Lamar Jackson clone.....................

Comment

• Another thing I liked about Lynn's PressPassSports.com interview was his answer to why was WT scheduling schools like Colo Mines and Grand Valley? Simply, he said, WT's goal is to return to national D2 relativity, you have to play the Mines and GV's, be competitive, then win. Also, SOS points when it comes to playoffs. My take.....a 28-17 loss to GV is better than a 45-7 win over Adams State as a marker to where your program stands and where it needs to go.
                    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-27-2023, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Another thing I liked about Lynn's PressPassSports.com interview was his answer to why was WT scheduling schools like Colo Mines and Grand Valley? Simply, he said, WT's goal is to return to national D2 relativity, you have to play the Mines and GV's, be competitive, then win. Also, SOS points when it comes to playoffs. My take.....a 28-17 loss to GV is better than a 45-7 win over Adams State as a marker to where your program stands and where it needs to go.
                      And the Lone Star, outside of Angelo, isn't strong so you need to schedule good OOC games. Playing tin cans all season doesn't help

Comment

What I gathered from the interview is that the offense is QB dependent. When he has a dynamic runner like TJ Davis then it is obviously going to lean more to the option side of things but if he has a kid who can throw then the offense can lean that way as well. Kind of what he did at NMMI. I think this is a good thing. I think to many coaches get married to an offense and don't have the ability to adjust based on the skill sets of there players.
                        Maybe it was different at his other stops, but at UNK, he seemed to recruit qb's on running ability first. He counted on teams having to sell out the run to free up the pass. It definitely worked with Davis, but they lacked that really good WR who could just take the head off of a defense.

Maybe he'll have better luck recruiting dual threat QB's and speedy WR'S at WT.
                        Last edited by Predatory Primates; 03-27-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• there was a scrimmage last night. anyone watch it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X