Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTPB’s Next Head Coach

I know UTPB is a young program so there’s not many fans of theirs on this message board but, has anyone heard anything about who they’re going to hire as their next HC?

It would be a plot twist to see Hunter Hughes hired and see if he would be successful with the full 36 scholarships.

Comment

Who would want to live in Odessa?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
        Midland/Odessa is actually not a bad metro area. Over 300,000 population. Comparable, if not bigger than canyon-Amarillo. Plus UTPB is in a nicer part of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
          It would be a plot twist to see Hunter Hughes hired and see if he would be successful with the full 36 scholarships.
          OMG enough with the whining about 36 scholarships!!!

Until I SEE PROOF that WT is the ONLY LSC school not fully funded, PLEASE stop trying to use that as an excuse.

I crack up because I heard on several NLI days how 50+ recruits got signed, while others "only" signed like 25. Um, IF you only have 27 schollies, stop signing 50+ recruits. 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Who would want to live in Canyon?
            Fixed it for ya! 😉

Comment

Ever been to Kingsville?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

OMG enough with the whining about 36 scholarships!!!

Until I SEE PROOF that WT is the ONLY LSC school not fully funded, PLEASE stop trying to use that as an excuse.

I crack up because I heard on several NLI days how 50+ recruits got signed, while others "only" signed like 25. Um, IF you only have 27 schollies, stop signing 50+ recruits. 😂😂😂😂😂
                Partial excuse but not the only reason.

The main players in the conference are funded more.

If ASU (or whichever school you choose to support in 2023) are not fully funded and do poorly have a feeling you would have a comment.

Comment

Partial excuse but not the only reason.

The main players in the conference are funded more.

If ASU (or whichever school you choose to support in 2023) are not fully funded and do poorly have a feeling you would have a comment.
                  Nope. I supported WT in 2022. Many, many D2 teams, including LSC teams, are not fully funded. No one seems to cry about it.

Here's a tissue.

And it is AWESOME each year having the option of which team DII team I choose to support. Wish I had that in D1 FBS.

Comment

Nope. I supported WT in 2022. Many, many D2 teams, including LSC teams, are not fully funded. No one seems to cry about it.

Here's a tissue.

And it is AWESOME each year having the option of which team DII team I choose to support. Wish I had that in D1 FBS.
                    Well you supported WT until the titanic hit the iceberg and that ram logo went up but its a free country.

Nah no tissue here. I quit passionately caring about sports in my 30s when I realized high blood pressure wasn't worth it.

D1 football for me is pretty easy. I support Texas and any team that beats OU, Alabama, and Notre Dame.

Comment

Well you supported WT until the titanic hit the iceberg and that ram logo went up but its a free country.

Nah no tissue here. I quit passionately caring about sports in my 30s when I realized high blood pressure wasn't worth it.

D1 football for me is pretty easy. I support Texas and any team that beats OU, Alabama, and Notre Dame.
                      Wrong again. I supported WT until the last play of the season. I only changed my avatar to Angelo AFTER I wore WT for a week. Prior to that I had a football avatar.

So, you are not passionate about sports?

Comment

Wrong again. I supported WT until the last play of the season. I only changed my avatar to Angelo AFTER I wore WT for a week. Prior to that I had a football avatar.

So, you are not passionate about sports?
                        I am passionate but not to the point where I yell at the TV and it ruins my day/week if it's not the desired outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Assassin View Post
                          I know UTPB is a young program so there’s not many fans of theirs on this message board but, has anyone heard anything about who they’re going to hire as their next HC?
                          This article was the only speculation I have seen:

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Don't know if any of the coaches they mentioned have taken jobs or have decided to stay where they currently are.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

This article was the only speculation I have seen:

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Don't know if any of the coaches they mentioned have taken jobs or have decided to stay where they currently are.
                            Interesting that Girsch was rumored for the Lamar job.

Comment

I would love to see Hughes get that job. However he would not be successful with 100 scholarships. He is not head coach material.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X