Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Recruiting

For CWU I have a list of their 2023 recruits. I am listing everyone who announces their offers on Twitter. https://cwuwildcatnation.blogspot.co...uits-2023.html

CWU is heavily targeting linemen. Of the 18 known offers out there, 12 are for linemen. One notable player is Mayo Bola, who won two JUCO DIII national titles at DuPage and has 5 other D2 offers. CWU also offered Naches Valley DE Jesse Benge, who amassed 74 tackles and 22 sacks this past season. Skyview's Ty Evans has 8 other offers including Portland State and Valparaiso, as well as PWO offers from both UW and WSU.

CWU just offered Mountain View DB Kyle Chen, who is a 3-star recruit with 9 D1 offers including 5 from FBS like Penn State, Minnesota, and Colorado. CWU looking for a Christmas miracle, I reckon. CWU also offered Bluefield State transfer DB J'onta Waller, who has 4 other D2 offers

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    For CWU I have a list of their 2023 recruits. I am listing everyone who announces their offers on Twitter. https://cwuwildcatnation.blogspot.co...uits-2023.html

CWU is heavily targeting linemen. Of the 18 known offers out there, 12 are for linemen. One notable player is Mayo Bola, who won two JUCO DIII national titles at DuPage and has 5 other D2 offers. CWU also offered Naches Valley DE Jesse Benge, who amassed 74 tackles and 22 sacks this past season. Skyview's Ty Evans has 8 other offers including Portland State and Valparaiso, as well as PWO offers from both UW and WSU.

CWU just offered Mountain View DB Kyle Chen, who is a 3-star recruit with 9 D1 offers including 5 from FBS like Penn State, Minnesota, and Colorado. CWU looking for a Christmas miracle, I reckon. CWU also offered Bluefield State transfer DB J'onta Waller, who has 4 other D2 offers
    Dang.....that Cooper Beltz is a stud playmaker. You get him and he's gonna do some damage in the LSC.

Comment

MSU just beat out CWU for O'Connor HS DB CJ Waller, a transfer from Bluefield State also previously played for Northern Colorado.
      https://twitter.com/Cj2kBlessed/stat...AR_vCbhWQ&s=19

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        MSU just beat out CWU for O'Connor HS DB CJ Waller, a transfer from Bluefield State also previously played for Northern Colorado.
        https://twitter.com/Cj2kBlessed/stat...AR_vCbhWQ&s=19
        Anyone from Northern Colorado probably would not be a difference maker for the CWU D.

Comment

I'm looking for a website that tracks the D2 football transfer portal. Anyone know where to point me?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            I'm looking for a website that tracks the D2 football transfer portal. Anyone know where to point me?
            It doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It doesn't exist.
              Maybe a great addition to D2????

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It doesn't exist.
                Yeah. A WT friend says there is one, but it's only available to coaches and administrators. Bummer.

Comment

Yeah. A WT friend says there is one, but it's only available to coaches and administrators. Bummer.
                  There is a link that shows all the basketball players in the portal.

Thats the closest to a public link I have seen.

Comment

To date (unofficial/unconfirmed)

Javelinas have added
                    WR - Nate Dantley - Lake Erie Transfer (40 games played, 200 Receptions, 2,728 yds, 12 TDs)
                    WR - Eli Martinez - Navarro JC
                    WR - Jacory Logan - Independence CC
                    WR - Anthony Isom - Kilgore JC
                    OL - Daniel Melendez - Sam Houston Transfer
                    OL - Ryan Lira - Northwestern State Transfer
                    LB - Malik Williams - Tyler JC
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

There is a link that shows all the basketball players in the portal.

Thats the closest to a public link I have seen.
                      Yeah, I've seen the BB site. No similar FB site.

Comment

WT
                        offered:
                        Wyatt Mosier LB. Yorba Linda, CA 6'2 220 All-State
                        Zach Nowatzke OLB Snow College 6'3 230
                        Landyn Hack QB Panhandle, Tx 6'3 201 dual threat. Also offered by UTPB and ASU
                        Triston Moore DL. Palo Duro Amarillo, Tx 6'3 285
                        Dalton Trapp DE 6'7 255 Ruidoso, NM
                        Thomas Anderson CB 6'2 195
                        Kyland Brown DL 6’4 270 LD Bell
                        Brodan Elliott OL 6’2 295 Georgetown
                        Jadyn Pruitt DB/WR 6’1 185 Odessa Permian
                        Preston Gregg Kicker 6’3 210 Tr Missouri Western

Starter Ty Dillon DB out of portal. Back at WT. (I heard portal players would not be welcome back). This vacates that. Good!
                        Starting WR Noah Bogardus out of portal. Back at WT. Very good news.
                        Michael Arceneaux withdrew from portal. Back at WT.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-12-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

WT
                          offered:
                          Wyatt Mosier LB. Yorba Linda, CA 6'2 220 All-State
                          Zach Nowatzke OLB Snow College 6'3 230
                          Landyn Hack QB Panhandle, Tx 6'3 201 dual threat. Also offered by UTPB and ASU
                          Triston Moore DL. Palo Duro Amarillo, Tx 6'3 285

Starter Ty Dillon DB out of portal. Back at WT. (I heard portal players would not be welcome back). This vacates that. Good!
                          I am glad to hear he is back. No one should be penalized for trying to leave Hughes.

If McBroom had acted faster in firing Hughes, we would be farther along with recruiting. It shouldn't take 10 days to figure out that "Hughes didn't win enough D2 games". 10 seconds is all that should have taken. Plus the team had clearly given up on Hughes after the WNMU "thugs" beat them in the last seconds.

You can see how quickly the Arizona Cardinals and Houston Texans moved in getting rid of their coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                            To date (unofficial/unconfirmed)

Javelinas have added
                            WR - Nate Dantley - Lake Erie Transfer (40 games played, 200 Receptions, 2,728 yds, 12 TDs)
                            WR - Eli Martinez - Navarro JC
                            WR - Jacory Logan - Independence CC
                            WR - Anthony Isom - Kilgore JC
                            OL - Daniel Melendez - Sam Houston Transfer
                            OL - Ryan Lira - Northwestern State Transfer
                            LB - Malik Williams - Tyler JC
                            Lots of wide receivers but they need someone better to throw to them!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I am glad to hear he is back. No one should be penalized for trying to leave Hughes.

If McBroom had acted faster in firing Hughes, we would be farther along with recruiting. It shouldn't take 10 days to figure out that "Hughes didn't win enough D2 games". 10 seconds is all that should have taken. Plus the team had clearly given up on Hughes after the WNMU "thugs" beat them in the last seconds.

You can see how quickly the Arizona Cardinals and Houston Texans moved in getting rid of their coaches.
                              I agree with most of your take although I think the giving up happened after the ENMU game.

Total agreement with you that Hughes should have been left in Canada that night without a thought and a list of candidates should have been thought of ready to go.

I don't think the delay would have brought a better coach to Canyon but guys jumping ship thinking Hughes was sticking around and a faster jump on recruiting would have definitely helped out.

Hopefully the transfer portal gets a workout short term and WT doesn't have a 3-8 transition type season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X