Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Sounds like Joshua Cadwell should be going to SFU.
    Town is named after the Canadian River that flows through the Texas Panhandle. At times itโ€™s more of a stream than a River.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I thought the team came out flat against ENMU. I was surprised because that was the last time a lot of them would play at home. I thought we would win that game until I saw how flat they were, I was almost sure they would lose to winless Simon Fraser because they had given up, and that is a long trip, plus they had to deal with the border and Canadian Customs, which I found exhausting in April of last year (MUCH worse than in previous years). Evidently the equipment managers gave up too and packed the home uniforms. I had no idea they had rules to deal with something like that!

Even I wouldn't have left Hughes in Canada. He was just not a good fit for the job. He's probably a decent guy.. However as soon as he got to Canyon he should have been notified.

I agree, the coach we got will be very good, and a safe hire for McBroom. Will we be back in the top 10 teams in D2 any time soon? Probably not, but the next time you write "if WT can run the table..." I will be MUCH more likely to buy it than during the Hughes era. I'm hoping for at least 7 wins this year.
      You don't think so? Hmm.

I think they have a shot at the LSC titles in 2023.

Comment

CWU already gets commit from their 2nd OL in Lake Stevens HS Aaron Parker, who won 4A state title blocking for Oregon signee Jayden Limar. Central offered a ton of linemen this year, yet they only offered one HS QB that I know of.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1324292...ef4e0ae85b2387

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You don't think so? Hmm.

In what women's sport?

Comment

You don't think so? Hmm.

They may have a shot at the title, but better coaches are also in place at UTPB and ENMU (though maybe not at WNMU). The Peccaries, MSU, and Western Oregon should also be improved. Angelo's coach will keep them playing at a high level. WT should be much better, but probably not Top 10.

The LSC should be a much stronger football conference in 2023.

Comment

You don't think so? Hmm.

It depends on this upcoming recruiting class. Besides the offers of which I hear they are going after some impact players, real effort is being made to haul in transfers that will be immediate starters. Some of those "immediate starters" would be the "real deal" "studs" you need to win the LSC. We shall see what transpires in the recruiting class. The transfer picture may take a bit longer to develop.

Comment

They may have a shot at the title, but better coaches are also in place at UTPB and ENMU (though maybe not at WNMU). The Peccaries, MSU, and Western Oregon should also be improved. Angelo's coach will keep them playing at a high level. WT should be much better, but probably not Top 10.

The LSC should be a much stronger football conference in 2023.
                Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

It depends on this upcoming recruiting class. Besides the offers of which I hear they are going after some impact players, real effort is being made to haul in transfers that will be immediate starters. Some of those "immediate starters" would be the "real deal" "studs" you need to win the LSC. We shall see what transpires in the recruiting class. The transfer picture may take a bit longer to develop.
                  WT already had the top talent in the LSC, hence why I thought they would be, at worst, 9-2.

With a new HC who knows how to utilize the talent and knows HOW to WIN, I am not see why WT won't be an immediate threat to win the LSC.

If they only win 7 games in '23 as WT_TKW suggests, then, IMO, that's a failure.

Comment

WT already had the top talent in the LSC, hence why I thought they would be, at worst, 9-2.

With a new HC who knows how to utilize the talent and knows HOW to WIN, I am not see why WT won't be an immediate threat to win the LSC.

If they only win 7 games in '23 as WT_TKW suggests, then, IMO, that's a failure.
                    I said AT LEAST 7 games. Right now we don't even know who we will be playing or what kind of offense Lynn plans to run.

Comment

I said AT LEAST 7 games. Right now we don't even know who we will be playing or what kind of offense Lynn plans to run.
                      Don't try to backtrack. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You said "I'm hoping for at least 7 wins...". Key words HOPING FOR. Alluding to not expecting more than 7 wins. I mean, of course you want them to be 15-0.

Comment

Don't try to backtrack. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You said "I'm hoping for at least 7 wins...". Key words HOPING FOR. Alluding to not expecting more than 7 wins. I mean, of course you want them to be 15-0.
                        Oh, in that case, I'm hoping for at least 7 wins this year.

Comment

CWU continues to go big, adding a commit in 6'2" 290 lb Skyview DL Ty Evans, who was named All-State HM and held PWO offers from both UW and WSU, plus two other FCS offers. That is now 2 OL and 2 DL commits, out of CWU's first 5 commits!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1285248...a8050874cc32f5

Comment

I think the bar is already rock bottom low losing to SFU and ENMU.

At this point WT football is a has been until proven otherwise.

Comment

Clackamas (Oregon) 6'3" WR Cooper Beltz commits to CWU https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1611348...a888084c0c20a8

6th known commit for CWU. My updated recruiting list: https://cwuwildcatnation.blogspot.co...uits-2023.html

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                                CWU just offered Mountain View DB Kyle Chen, who is a 3-star recruit with 9 D1 offers including 5 from FBS like Penn State, Minnesota, and Colorado. CWU looking for a Christmas miracle, I reckon. CWU also offered Bluefield State transfer DB J'onta Waller, who has 4 other D2 offers
                                As expected, Chen picked an FBS program over CWU. So be it lol. Committed to Air Force, which is surprising considering he also had two Big 10 offers (unless they were rescinded since. I assume the Colorado offer was lost when Sanders took over).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X