Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texcap View Post

They beat ASU last week as well.
    Bout once a decade we get a good mens basketball team down here.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

ASU has two good basketball teams with coaches that know how to win.
      Both of these games were outliers.

The ASU men shot 58% from the field and win by 5 points. They probably will not shoot 58% again this year.

The Wt women lost by 7 points and shot 22% from the field. Motschenbacher and Taylor, two of Wt's impact players, went 1 of 29
      from the field. Those two will probably never shoot like that again. The team shooting percentage was the lowest, so far, of the year.
      I don't think that will happen again.

Congrats to ASU, looking forward to the rematch.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Too lazy to dig up the thread but there was a discussion a few months ago on how LSC men's basketball teams would fare in the Southland conference.

Commerce is off to a 2-1 start and would be 3-0 if they didn't have a big second half collapse in the game they lost.

The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders are untouchable and the class of the conference but looks like the LSC schools could easily be playing for second in the Southland.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          ASU has two good basketball teams with coaches that know how to win.
          Both of these games were outliers.

The ASU men shot 58% from the field and win by 5 points. They probably will not shoot 58% again this year.

The Wt women lost by 7 points and shot 22% from the field. Motschenbacher and Taylor, two of Wt's impact players, went 1 of 29
          from the field. Those two will probably never shoot like that again. The team shooting percentage was the lowest, so far, of the year.
          I don't think that will happen again.

Congrats to ASU, looking forward to the rematch.
          The Lone Star race is really starting to heat up on the men’s and women’s side! ASU women had two big wins over WT and LCU. Crazy that they lost to UAFS earlier in the year. Based on stats, it looked as if WT struggled to make shots. Not really sure how good the womens side of the LSC is this year.

The men’s side is a bear! Huge wins by ASU over WT and LCU this weekend. ENMU playing very good through the first half of league play. Not shocked St Ed’s is right in the mix again as well! It’s going to be anyone’s race, but we know WT is the team to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post

The Lone Star race is really starting to heat up on the men’s and women’s side! ASU women had two big wins over WT and LCU. Crazy that they lost to UAFS earlier in the year. Based on stats, it looked as if WT struggled to make shots. Not really sure how good the womens side of the LSC is this year.

The men’s side is a bear! Huge wins by ASU over WT and LCU this weekend. ENMU playing very good through the first half of league play. Not shocked St Ed’s is right in the mix again as well! It’s going to be anyone’s race, but we know WT is the team to beat!
            The Fort Smith game was the first game without Payton Brown. Some of the younger player were pressed into service before they were ready. Since then ASU has been playing with 2 Jrs a couple of Sophomores and the rest Freshmen. Since then those young ladies have come a long way. They have a ton of room for improvement as the season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Too lazy to dig up the thread but there was a discussion a few months ago on how LSC men's basketball teams would fare in the Southland conference.

Commerce is off to a 2-1 start and would be 3-0 if they didn't have a big second half collapse in the game they lost.

The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders are untouchable and the class of the conference but looks like the LSC schools could easily be playing for second in the Southland.

The islanders are 10-6 but take out wins over D3 Trinity, D3 Texas Lutheran, D3 Schreiner, and NAIA Our Lady of the Lake, and they are just 6-6.
              Two wins over UIW, but UIW would be 3-10 without wins of TLU, OLLU and Dallas Christian.
              Win over UTSA, but they would be 4-9 without wins over Trinity, Schreiner and St. Mary's.
              Win over UTRGV who would be 4-8 without wins over 4 D3/NAIA schools.
              Win over Alcorn State, 4-10.

They have one decent win over Northwestern State
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

The islanders are 10-6 but take out wins over D3 Trinity, D3 Texas Lutheran, D3 Schreiner, and NAIA Our Lady of the Lake, and they are just 6-6.
                Two wins over UIW, but UIW would be 3-10 without wins of TLU, OLLU and Dallas Christian.
                Win over UTSA, but they would be 4-9 without wins over Trinity, Schreiner and St. Mary's.
                Win over UTRGV who would be 4-8 without wins over 4 D3/NAIA schools.
                Win over Alcorn State, 4-10.

They have one decent win over Northwestern State
                I think the sarcasm was missed a little bit there.

Yes I am well aware of the weak schedule but they are still the favorites and the class of the conference.

If they get road wins at SE LA, Nicholls, and the sweep of NWST they could very easily finish 18-0 in the conference. Its that weak.

Hopefully they rack enough wins and follow it up with a conference tourney win to get off that 16 line.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think the sarcasm was missed a little bit there.

Yes I am well aware of the weak schedule but they are still the favorites and the class of the conference.

If they get road wins at SE LA, Nicholls, and the sweep of NWST they could very easily finish 18-0 in the conference. Its that weak.

Hopefully they rack enough wins and follow it up with a conference tourney win to get off that 16 line.
                  Yes I missed the sarcasm in your other post.

Is the second line of this post sarcasm as well? (hard to tell sometimes on a message board)
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Javs Fan

Are they untouchable? Nope.

Do I honestly feel they should win the conference comfortably? Yes.

Do I think they can win a tournament game? No unless they miraculously rise to a 13+ seed.
                    ​​​​​​​
                    Can any team in the LSC beat them? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post

The Womens side is a case of the haves and have nots. The haves, in no order: LCU-Wt-ASU-TWU-UT Tyler. Followed by: Kingsville-A&M International-ENMU. Then the rest of the LSC.
                      Looks like LCU-Wt-ASU-TWU can play with anyone on the regional level. TWU could be the surprise of the conference. TWU qualified for the NCAA regional last year and all of their starters are returning. TWU also plays WT & LCU only one time and at home. A lot of good WBB left

Comment

Wt MBB add some size. https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2023/1/12...rry-evans.aspx

A 6'11' big man should help.

Comment

The surprise this last weekend was Cameron getting a road win against the ASU Women.
                          This now gives Wt - LCU - ASU one loss in the Division and two in the conference. ASU has played one more game.
                          They have a 1/2 game lead in the west. Texas Women's remains undefeated. With UT-Tyler losing only one game.

This sets up a BIG weekend with Wt & LCU playing Texas Women's & UT-Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Maybe no one cares??? 😉

So, because no one responds or cares on the proper forum, you feel it better to use the football forum? Gotcha! 😂

A non-football post you might (or might not) be interested in. I meant to mention this a while back but forgot.

https://javelinaathletics.com/sports...ashington/6214

Getting more opportunities this year and is a solid contributor. Season high 13 points this past Saturday. Much prefer seeing him in Kingsville than his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

A non-football post you might (or might not) be interested in. I meant to mention this a while back but forgot.

https://javelinaathletics.com/sports...ashington/6214

Getting more opportunities this year and is a solid contributor. Season high 13 points this past Saturday. Much prefer seeing him in Kingsville than his brother.
                              Kendrick is a good kid. Not sure why he left ASU. He did not get a lot of playing time and the head coach got the unofficial boot. Probably a little of both.

Comment

BuffaloChip
                                Great White Buffalo
                                WT&TTECHfan

Looks like Texas Tech Men's basketball is in a freefall collapse.

Is Mark Adams going to survive?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X