Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the event Adams does retain his position, he will have to make several Asst Coach changes and will have significant roster turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      BuffaloChip
      Great White Buffalo
      WT&TTECHfan

Looks like Texas Tech Men's basketball is in a freefall collapse.

Is Mark Adams going to survive?
      I like Mark Adams and hope he can turn things around but now since Beards recruits left it doesn’t help that Adams players he recruited are just getting beat up in the big12.Since they have been competitive in all their games except being blown out at iowa state.I think he will get one more year to fix the problems.If he doesn’t he will be gone real quick.

Comment

Wow, looks like MSU-Texas took it to WTAMU 92-86 in men's baskieball..

And after getting beat 3 in a row, the WT girls finally won one! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Those games were all outliers. No one has better players than WT.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

And it is awfully quiet on here about the non-football sport now.

Next thing you know WT fans will be starting a football thread to take away the pain of non-football sports! How things have changed!

Comment

Yes, things an are different for WT basketball. The women certainly have not lived up to their preseason billing. Terrible road team with dismal shooting. The men have played and just got beat by a hot-shoring MSU. Back home this weekend with big games against ASU.

WT baseball looks solid with a bunch of seniors and LSC player of the year back. Should hit well but pitching is the question. I don’t follow softball closely so I can’t speak about it. Just know they need to do a lot better than last year. Men’s & Women’s track will be very good again.
              Last edited by oldbuff; 01-30-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

How is the WTAM Bowling team looking this year? Have you fired their coach yet?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  No, but they should.

Comment

Yawn!

Comment

Not looking good for Texas Tech against Iowa State at home tonight…

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

And it is awfully quiet on here about the non-football sport now.

Next thing you know WT fans will be starting a football thread to take away the pain of non-football sports! How things have changed!
                        NO SH!T!!! RIGHT??? 707070707

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                          Dang it, now I got Moscow Mule all over my shirt!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigShow22 View Post
                            Not looking good for Texas Tech against Iowa State at home tonight…
                            They pulled it off and came back.

Still hoping Tech misses the NCAA's and the NIT to tone down that fan base for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They pulled it off and came back.

Still hoping Tech misses the NCAA's and the NIT to tone down that fan base for a bit.
                              Heck of a comeback! Iowa State was rattled

Comment

I'm not looking to stir up trouble, but there's a group on Facebook that recently had this post:

"D2 is now a stinking joke where WT forces students and alumni to support other schools that are D1 and most of the D2 fans are over 65 or 70 years old and that’s why it’s mostly empty seats at WT basketball games."

I looked at the attendance in Canyon and it looks like it runs between 450-775 per game, which is a lot higher than the other LSC schools I looked at. Our late friend Number1BuffFan loved basketball and really wanted the school to go to D1 just for basketball's sake.

I've seen the pictures and the arena is mainly empty. Plus the plastic covered seats are pretty depressing. Do you think going to D1 would cause attendance to increase significantly? I'm still not convinced you can get many people to drive to Canyon from Amarillo to watch WT basketball (or any sport) at any level, though Amarillo supported basketball when it was played in the city.

Who is going to go the games or post in these forums when the old guys die off?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X