Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

We just announced the hiring of Jamison Bisch, former DC at Bemidji State (4 seasons) and ENMU (1 season).
    Nice!!!! The "Juice" comes to Kingsville! Pretty decent experience.

Coaching Experience:
    Kansas City Chiefs — Intern, 2007-08
    Minnesota State University — Graduate Assistant Coach, DB/LB, 2009-2010
    Minnesota State University — Assistant Coach RBs, 2011
    New Mexico Military Institute — Defensive Coordinator/DB/LB, 2012-2015
    Midland University — Defensive Coordinator/LB, 2016-2017
    Bemidji State University — Defensive Coordinator/LB/DB, 2018-2021
    Eastern New Mexico University — Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator, 2022
    Texas A&M -Kingsville University — Defensive Coordinator - 2023

Comment

Seems like a pretty decent background. I don’t know him personally. I do know he put in for the ENMU job so I figured he would be out if he didn’t get it. Could be a good snag for Kingsville.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Nice!!!! The "Juice" comes to Kingsville! Pretty decent experience.

Coaching Experience:
        Kansas City Chiefs — Intern, 2007-08
        Minnesota State University — Graduate Assistant Coach, DB/LB, 2009-2010
        Minnesota State University — Assistant Coach RBs, 2011
        New Mexico Military Institute — Defensive Coordinator/DB/LB, 2012-2015
        Midland University — Defensive Coordinator/LB, 2016-2017
        Bemidji State University — Defensive Coordinator/LB/DB, 2018-2021
        Eastern New Mexico University — Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator, 2022
        Texas A&M -Kingsville University — Defensive Coordinator - 2023
        Where’s the loyalty? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Where’s the loyalty? ;)
          You're 100% correct! I retract my comments on Coach Petty. He DID spend 6 years at Hardin before his 3 years at Kingsville. AND he did leave for a D1 position. So, can't fault him at all.

I just get tired of watching a program take two steps forward and three steps back.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You're 100% correct! I retract my comments on Coach Petty. He DID spend 6 years at Hardin before his 3 years at Kingsville. AND he did leave for a D1 position. So, can't fault him at all.

I just get tired of watching a program take two steps forward and three steps back.
            I don’t envy these coaches or their families moving around trying to get to the next level and who knows what their situation at the previous place and relationship with their HC etc. I moved around a fair amount in my career (10 times, twice overseas) but always for an opportunity and I settled into one location at the end of my kid’s elementary years until they graduated HS, now on the move again but retired. Some of these guys move a lot more than that.

Comment

I don’t envy these coaches or their families moving around trying to get to the next level and who knows what their situation at the previous place and relationship with their HC etc. I moved around a fair amount in my career (10 times, twice overseas) but always for an opportunity and I settled into one location at the end of my kid’s elementary years until they graduated HS, now on the move again but retired. Some of these guys move a lot more than that.
              I agree 100%!

Comment

Yeah I caught myself doing that too between coaching and working for the government.

Luckily I am 100% remote now and can just choose promotions that are also remote and keep my kiddo in one location until she graduates.

I have a friend that has moved 6 times in the last 10 years to climb up the coordinator and "A" high school chain in Texas.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X