Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal

I was told this weekend that the portal will allow one "free" transfer. Any other transfers must be "for cause"
    Is this correct??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    I was told this weekend that the portal will allow one "free" transfer. Any other transfers must be "for cause"
    Is this correct??
    One free transfer undergrad. Subsequent tranfers have to be for "mental health" reasons. If you are a graduate, you can transfer yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

One free transfer undergrad. Subsequent tranfers have to be for "mental health" reasons. If you are a graduate, you can transfer yet again.
      So "The coach is diving me crazy" will work?!?
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Is "the coach who recruited me AD a pocket passer for his air raid offense left and the new coach is gonna run triple option." Considered cause?

If not, it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Is "the coach who recruited me AD a pocket passer for his air raid offense left and the new coach is gonna run triple option." Considered cause?

If not, it should be.
          Troy Aikman to UCLA from Oklahoma....
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
            Is this correct??
            See this:

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruitin...transfer-rules

And this:

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/1/22/...transfers.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If not, it should be.
              Don't need cause.

Comment

My limited experience the second time through the portal in most sports as long as you aren't transferring to a conference rival they will allow it.

Comment

https://www.si.com/fannation/college...es-ncaa-change

What's new: The NCAA Division I Council approved legislation to limit waivers for second-time transfer players. Now, any undergraduates who transfer a second time, or any other time after that, must meet specific guidelines in order to be eligible for immediate playing time starting with the 2023-24 season or risk sitting out a year between transfers.

With exceptions: Under the new rule, players can still get immediate eligibility at their next school if they are transferring due to a physical injury or mental health concern.

Exigent circumstances: And the NCAA will also consider "exigent circumstances" like abuse or sexual assault, but will not consider academic or athletic reasons, like being unsatisfied with playing time on their team.

In recent years, the NCAA has granted waivers for immediate eligibility for football, basketball, and baseball transfers, but will now recommend against that for players who have transferred once during their college careers.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
                    https://www.si.com/fannation/college...es-ncaa-change

What's new: The NCAA Division I Council approved legislation to limit waivers for second-time transfer players. Now, any undergraduates who transfer a second time, or any other time after that, must meet specific guidelines in order to be eligible for immediate playing time starting with the 2023-24 season or risk sitting out a year between transfers.

With exceptions: Under the new rule, players can still get immediate eligibility at their next school if they are transferring due to a physical injury or mental health concern.

Exigent circumstances: And the NCAA will also consider "exigent circumstances" like abuse or sexual assault, but will not consider academic or athletic reasons, like being unsatisfied with playing time on their team.

In recent years, the NCAA has granted waivers for immediate eligibility for football, basketball, and baseball transfers, but will now recommend against that for players who have transferred once during their college careers.
                    My 2nd reference (from NCAA.ORG) was DII rule changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

My 2nd reference (from NCAA.ORG) was DII rule changes.
                      That article was from almost a year ago (1/22/2022). I believe DII has adopted the recent changes DI has implemented.

Comment

That article was from almost a year ago (1/22/2022). I believe DII has adopted the recent changes DI has implemented.
                        Oh really?

Yes, those new rules I referenced were for 2022-2023. I haven't seen 2023-2024 rule changes yet. Do you have a link to the DII changes by any chance?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Oh really?

Yes, those new rules I referenced were for 2022-2023. I haven't seen 2023-2024 rule changes yet. Do you have a link to the DII changes by any chance?

Thanks in advance
                          No, not yet, just thought I saw something that they were expected to adopt DI rules which is pretty norma, I believe. Since that was 1/22 last year I would expect it to be official any day now.

Comment

No, not yet, just thought I saw something that they were expected to adopt DI rules which is pretty norma, I believe. Since that was 1/22 last year I would expect it to be official any day now.
                            Oh, okay. Gotcha.

Comment

Oh really?

Thanks in advance
                              Not a link, but I did see that they passed the deal where freshmen could play 4 or 5 games without losing their red shirt in D2 like they do in d1.

Not really related, but I'm excited about it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X