Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sul Ross to join LSC in 2024

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

However, sources indicate that one option under consideration is to retain Central Washington and Western Oregon as affiliate members, which would leave Simon Fraser seeking a new conference for football.
    Interesting.

Comment

Don't like the idea of dropping SFU. That is a win every time for MOST LSC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
        Don't like the idea of dropping SFU. That is a win every time for MOST LSC teams.
        True, but Sul Ross will be too.

Comment

Is it mostly driven by the difficulty of getting to Vancouver?

Comment

The Sul Ross Vs Simon Fraser match up is a near cross continental rivalry 🔥

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Interesting.
              If that happens, I would guess SFU would get out of the football business if they want to stay in the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

True, but Sul Ross will be too.
                Sul Ross gave Kingsville a hard time last year for over half the game.

They should be stronger than Simon Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Sul Ross gave Kingsville a hard time last year for over half the game.

They should be stronger than Simon Fraser.
                  You forgot Simon Fraser blew out McBroom's favorite coach!

The Peccaries were just hungover. Sul Ross' wins were against joke teams, with several blowout losses. https://srlobos.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Comment

The Peccaries were just hungover. Sul Ross' wins were against joke teams, with several blowout losses. https://srlobos.com/sports/football/schedule/2022
                    The blowout losses were to playoff teams. They held their own against everyone else... finishing 4-4 in the ASC is respectable.

Comment

UMHB and HSU would both finish top 3 in the LSC every single year. UMHB hasn’t lost a regular season game to a team not named HSU since 2009. HSU is 44-7 in conference play with 2 losses to conference teams not named UMHB since 2015. If you’re judging a team based on how they do against the purple and gold teams in the ASC, you’re looking at the wrong things. The only other blowout loss was in their first game with a new HC to a team whose only loss came to UMHB.

Here are several reasons Sul Ross will have the ability to compete in the LSC:
                      1. They’re the least expensive 4 year school in Texas. Add in partial scholarships and very few schools will be able to compete financially.
                      2. They have a wide range of graduate programs. They’ll be able to attract grad transfers much easier than some lender places.
                      3. The academic requirements to get in are very manageable. As long as a kid is in the top 50% of his high school class, he gets automatic acceptance. Grad programs only require a 2.5 undergrad GPA. This will let them recruit some kids that the competition won’t be able to touch.
                      4. This coaching staff has always shown their ability to recruit at a much higher level than previous regimes. There were 6 D1 dropdowns on the roster in 2022. Purely in terms of numbers, the Lobos are recruiting much better than they had in the past. 127 players on the roster in 2022, 46 more than there were on the roster in 2019.

I can’t say with any certainty that Sul Ross is gonna be winning the LSC in the near future, but there’s a lot more working in their favor than you would think just by looking at how they fared playing as a D3 school playing against schools that play by a different set of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

UMHB and HSU would both finish top 3 in the LSC every single year. UMHB hasn’t lost a regular season game to a team not named HSU since 2009. HSU is 44-7 in conference play with 2 losses to conference teams not named UMHB since 2015. If you’re judging a team based on how they do against the purple and gold teams in the ASC, you’re looking at the wrong things. The only other blowout loss was in their first game with a new HC to a team whose only loss came to UMHB.

Here are several reasons Sul Ross will have the ability to compete in the LSC:
                        1. They’re the least expensive 4 year school in Texas. Add in partial scholarships and very few schools will be able to compete financially.
                        2. They have a wide range of graduate programs. They’ll be able to attract grad transfers much easier than some lender places.
                        3. The academic requirements to get in are very manageable. As long as a kid is in the top 50% of his high school class, he gets automatic acceptance. Grad programs only require a 2.5 undergrad GPA. This will let them recruit some kids that the competition won’t be able to touch.
                        4. This coaching staff has always shown their ability to recruit at a much higher level than previous regimes. There were 6 D1 dropdowns on the roster in 2022. Purely in terms of numbers, the Lobos are recruiting much better than they had in the past. 127 players on the roster in 2022, 46 more than there were on the roster in 2019.

I can’t say with any certainty that Sul Ross is gonna be winning the LSC in the near future, but there’s a lot more working in their favor than you would think just by looking at how they fared playing as a D3 school playing against schools that play by a different set of rules.
                        Calm down. I know UMHB is a great team, their OC is our former OC (at least the last time I looked). I would love to have him back. I'll take your word about HSU.

As for your point #3, I don't see these as good things.

No, I don't think SR is going to win the LSC anytime soon either even though they beat McMurry!

Comment

Calm down. I know UMHB is a great team, their OC is our former OC (at least the last time I looked). I would love to have him back. I'll take your word about HSU.

No, I don't think SR is going to win the LSC anytime soon either even though they beat McMurry!
                          UMHB: Pete Fredenburg has a career record at 231-39 and more honors than any coach in the LSC

UHS: Jesse Burleson in "young" and has a career record of 79-29 (and on 1 losing season in 12 years as HC) ANND he did this following a legend Keeling who only had 1 losing season as a college HC (his first season) and went on to post 20 consecutive winning seasons, a staggering 12 of 20 seasons with no more than 2 losses. (in 32 years they have had 2 losing seasons as a program....)

They know how to win, losing to them is to be expected, beating them is notable.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Look at the 2-time defending national champion. The easier it is to get kids into school, the easier it is to get talent on your roster.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

Look at the 2-time defending national champion. The easier it is to get kids into school, the easier it is to get talent on your roster.
                              If you see mediocre academic standards as a good thing, more power to you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X