Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I was referencing Gard school requirements.
    Ah yes, Gard school.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 01-20-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Garbage fast food is garbage fast food. Whataburger, In n Out, all the same greasy garbage that people argue about for some reason.

It had to be said I'm sorry.
      Popeye's chicken sandwich is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Negative: Sul Ross is 130 miles away from the closest Whataburger. That will kill recruiting in D2.
        Whataburger quality has kind of gone down since private equity from Chicago to majority control. I expect Hot Dogs to become a menu item soon.

On subject, Alpine is a cool little town and Big Bend National Park is to the south which has become a destination park the last few years in the National Park system.

Comment

Why not trade the RMAC CWU, WOU, SFU for NMHU, Adam’s and whoever else.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
            Why not trade the RMAC CWU, WOU, SFU for NMHU, Adam’s and whoever else.
            Because the RMAC doesnt need to make that trade.

They arent in any danger of several teams trying to jump to D1 to save their conference.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Whataburger quality has kind of gone down since private equity from Chicago to majority control. I expect Hot Dogs to become a menu item soon.

On subject, Alpine is a cool little town and Big Bend National Park is to the south which has become a destination park the last few years in the National Park system.
              It could be worse.

If Austin or California ever take over Whataburger you will see caviar and sushi on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I'd prefer to see CWU and WOU go back to being independents rather than abandon SFU. SFU competes well in the GNAC in other sports.
                I like all 3 schools, but from a travel perspective it's a nightmare, especially for them. Good luck getting to Alpine, I've never been there myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

It could be worse.

If Austin or California ever take over Whataburger you will see caviar and sushi on the menu.
                  More likely tofu or soy. Personally I like Whataburger, if you don't just don't go there.

Some years ago my former girlfriend and I went to some "burger" joint in Amarillo near the Medical Center. The girl taking orders said she wouldn't recommend the burgers! So I got something else and it was good. However my girlfriend got one, and after a minute insisted that I taste it. It wasn't beef but some kind of vegetarian stuff. She was pretty mad, and no it wasn't worth eating. I couldn't believe they didn't mention it was a beef substitute.

This is the place. I was there last in 2016 or 2017 so maybe they have some meat in the burgers now.

https://www.hudsama.com/menu/
                  Last edited by WT_TKW; 01-20-2023, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Only one school with a Whataburger in the city limits has won a championship. The odds indicate avoiding it.
                    So since McDonald's is likely in every D2 champion's back yard, you are recommending it? I gave up their burgers many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I like all 3 schools, but from a travel perspective it's a nightmare, especially for them. Good luck getting to Alpine, I've never been there myself.
                      If they can get to Silver City which is 2 and half hours from El Paso, they can get to Alpine which is a little over 3 hours assuming they fly into El Paso right now for the Western New Mexico game in Silver city. Or they fly to Midland Odesa and it’s a 2.5 hour trip for Alpine from the airport.

Comment

If they can get to Silver City which is 2 and half hours from El Paso, they can get to Alpine which is a little over 3 hours assuming they fly into El Paso right now for the Western New Mexico game in Silver city. Or they fly to Midland Odesa and it’s a 2.5 hour trip for Alpine from the airport.
                        I think they go into Phoenix. Yakima Herald talked about the drive in an article.

Comment

Fun Fact: Dan Blocker (#58 below) who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza for 13 years was a football player at Sul Ross State. He also earned a Masters degree there. He fought in Korea with the US Army (purple heart) and worked as a school teacher before he started acting. Blocker accomplished a lot in his 43 years of life.

​​​​​​
                          Last edited by crixus; 01-20-2023, 07:59 PM.

Comment

No sarcasm intended, but thanks for the geography lesson. The last (and only) time I flew to Midland it was on a commuter jet. It would be hard to get a football team on one unless it's a charter. I have never wondered much about Silver City, but I hear it's a nice place.

I travel a lot so having a huge airport like IAH works well for me. I can fly to most places nonstop, though a few do require a connection (like Africa, Singapore, Malaysia etc).

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

No sarcasm intended, but thanks for the geography lesson. The last (and only) time I flew to Midland it was on a commuter jet. It would be hard to get a football team on one unless it's a charter. I have never wondered much about Silver City, but I hear it's a nice place.

I travel a lot so having a huge airport like IAH works well for me. I can fly to most places nonstop, though a few do require a connection (like Africa, Singapore, Malaysia etc).
                              Southwest Fly into midland odessa
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Southwest Fly into midland odessa
                                Only if they can schedule their planes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X