Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I like all 3 schools, but from a travel perspective it's a nightmare, especially for them. Good luck getting to Alpine, I've never been there myself.
    Looks like it's about a three and a half hour drive from El Paso

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

Isn't it about that long to Seatac from CWU? I looked at the flights and they all require a connection, with best case around 5 hours. When you add all that up it's a really long day.

Comment

Just looked at their sandlot stadium Jackson Field on Google Maps. They have some work to do. Yikes!
        Do they pee in the sink at Sul Ross?

Comment

So since McDonald's is likely in every D2 champion's back yard, you are recommending it? I gave up their burgers many years ago.
          They all likely have sewer systems and I'm not suggesting imbibing from that either.

Comment

I travel a lot so having a huge airport like IAH works well for me. I can fly to most places nonstop, though a few do require a connection (like Africa, Singapore, Malaysia etc).
            Where in Africa? Your travel is interesting.

Comment

Just looked at their sandlot stadium Jackson Field on Google Maps. They have some work to do. Yikes!
              It’s small, but hardly “sandlot”. That street view on Google maps was taken 10 years ago. There are more recent photos and up close since then showing a different look and it’s like they renovated the stadium and installed turf.

Comment

No sarcasm intended, but thanks for the geography lesson. The last (and only) time I flew to Midland it was on a commuter jet. It would be hard to get a football team on one unless it's a charter. I have never wondered much about Silver City, but I hear it's a nice place.

I travel a lot so having a huge airport like IAH works well for me. I can fly to most places nonstop, though a few do require a connection (like Africa, Singapore, Malaysia etc).
                I flew from Hobby on Southwest to Albuquerque a few years back and made a pit stop at Midland. Didn’t get off the plane, but what I recall looking out the window is the place looked look every uneventful for lack of a better word.

Speaking of airports in Texas, Austin Bergstrom is quickly becoming the third option in Texas for direct international flights out of Texas. They have direct flights to Europe on British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM and Virgin Atlantic. They have Air Canada and West Jet for Canada flights and AeroMexico, Viva Aerobus, and Volarias for direct Mexico flights. Direct flights to Asia are probably around the corner. Upside with ABIA is that it’s on the outskirts of Austin, so if you don’t live in or west of I-35, it’s easy to get to.
                Last edited by LSC Fan; 01-21-2023, 08:46 AM.

Comment

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive from Amarillo/Canyon.

Texas is pretty big (understatement). El Paso is closer to San Diego than Houston.

Comment

Southwest and American doesnt have a charter to Alpine-Casparis Municipal Airport? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive from Amarillo/Canyon.

Texas is pretty big (understatement). El Paso is closer to San Diego than Houston.
                      Try driving from Texarkana to El Paso. Google maps says 16 hours. I don't know anyone who can drive 16 hours straight but I'm sure some have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I flew from Hobby on Southwest to Albuquerque a few years back and made a pit stop at Midland. Didn’t get off the plane, but what I recall looking out the window is the place looked look every uneventful for lack of a better word.

Speaking of airports in Texas, Austin Bergstrom is quickly becoming the third option in Texas for direct international flights out of Texas. They have direct flights to Europe on British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM and Virgin Atlantic. They have Air Canada and West Jet for Canada flights and AeroMexico, Viva Aerobus, and Volarias for direct Mexico flights. Direct flights to Asia are probably around the corner. Upside with ABIA is that it’s on the outskirts of Austin, so if you don’t live in or west of I-35, it’s easy to get to.
                        Yeah I flew out of Austin-Bergstrom for 4 straight years.

It's a very easy airport to get around inside and outside.

ABIA is off of 183 and 71 so its easy to get to not having to use 35.

They now have a southern terminal that helps as well.

Downside is there is not a lot of direct flights out of there to both coasts.

Delta you have to go to Charlotte, American to Atlanta, etc. for east coast connections.

Houston Intercontinental Airport is by far the easiest to get tons more direct flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Try driving from Texarkana to El Paso. Google maps says 16 hours. I don't know anyone who can drive 16 hours straight but I'm sure some have done it.
                          Yup its actually quicker to drive from El Paso to Los Angeles than it is from El Paso to Texarkana.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Where in Africa? Your travel is interesting.
                            Tunisia, Morocco, and the Canary Islands. Also the Madeira Islands (technically Portugal) are very nice, though I've only been to Funchal. I've also been to a lot of Europe, my favorites there are Denmark and Spain.

In the Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, and the Cook Islands are outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              Is it mostly driven by the difficulty of getting to Vancouver?
                              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

I didn't call Sul Ross the Harvard of West Texas. I said they are in a position to potentially compete in the LSC.
                                I think they will have a hard time competing in recruiting. Literally EVERY Texas LSC program and WOU and CWU would currently be a better choice for recruits.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X