Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I gather the qualifications are "can you pee"?
    They would highly value me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Pretty much everyone on this board is a college graduate and we all have time to sit around BSing on here instead of being out working minimum wage jobs trying to keep the lights on.
      Speak for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I have a couple Subway managers making $66,000 a year (44 hours/week -no nights). Neither has any college education. "Minimum wage" in this area is @$14/hr.
        THANK YOU!!!

That's real life.

I have a VP make 200k + who never attended a day of college. I have 3 employees who received medical training in sonography from a trade school making 6 figures working 30 hours a week. None attended college. I can keep going, but point made.

If one considers success "financial success", then I could list dozens upon dozens of people I know who are millionaires that never attended college.

College does not equal success. Success is based on the individual and their desire to succeed. PERIOD.

Just the other day, I am interviewing for a position. Normal starting wage with 5 years experience is around $70k. A person comes with a degree but zero experience. They want in Healthcare very badly and I am will to hire a real go getter with no experience. They are baducally begging for a shot. I asked this recent grads salary requirements, he said at a minimum $135k. I BUSTED.....laughed so loud and it was not a fake laugh, I was hysterical. It was so out of character and unprofessional of me, but I simply could not help contain myself. I literally had to leave the room as I could barely breathe, had tears streaming and was just hysterical.

I love how significant some people in this world think they are. I giggle at how very important some younger generations think they are and the outrageous self-worth they place on themselves.

This is the fault of Baby-Boomers.....and made worse with each generation after. I tried telling the Texas Youth Football Association to stop giving trophies out to anyone other than the Champions. I complained to the parents to stop making arm tunnels for kids to run through after a game, especially when they lose. I tried to explain that the players are EXPECTED to win games. That is their job. So, please stop trying to reward them for doing their job. The players reward will come when they win the Championship and know they did their best. That's reward enough. H3ll, I don't even like Championship trophies or awards.

Sorry for my rant....🤣

Comment

Is it? Really??

Gates, Zuckerberg, Ellison, Dell, Jobs, Branson, Allen, Kerkorian, h3ll, even ROCKEFELLER......none graduated college. And, I am pretty sure none of them work for minimum/low wage trying to keep the lights on.

Addison, Porter, Nnamani, Park, Ghosh, Reeves, Johnson, Singh, Nguyen.....these are some people with GRADUATE degrees (they went ALL THE WAY) who are unemployed or working basic, low, hourly wage jobs and fighting to keep the lights on. 11.4% of college graduates work minimum/low wage jobs.

Your statement is purely subjective, where as mine is objective.

Next!
          Yours is "objective?" Hah. And you want to roll out statistics, how many of your non-college graduates work low wage jobs? You have a few examples, but those are the few, Captain Confirmation Bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

They would highly value me.

Comment

Yours is "objective?" Hah. And you want to roll out statistics, how many of your non-college graduates work low wage jobs? You have a few examples, but those are the few, Captain Confirmation Bias.
              YES, absolutely objective (hopefully you know what that means...and the difference between subjective and objective). YOU gave an opinion=subjective. I gave facts=objective. See the difference there?

And ohhhh, you stepped right into the trap. Now you are in my area of expertise! 7070707

How's this for subjective? Based on all 73.3 million US workers who recieve an hourly wage:

"Education. Among hourly paid workers age 16 and older, about 1.8 percent of those without a high school diploma, high school graduates (no college), and those with some college or an associate degree earned the federal minimum wage or less, compared with 1.4 percent of those with a bachelor's degree and higher." - United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Report

CHECK-MATE!

NEXT!

Comment

YES, absolutely objective (hopefully you know what that means...and the difference between subjective and objective). YOU gave an opinion=subjective. I gave facts=objective. See the difference there?

And ohhhh, you stepped right into the trap. Now you are in my area of expertise! 7070707

How's this for subjective? Based on all 73.3 million US workers who recieve an hourly wage:

"Education. Among hourly paid workers age 16 and older, about 1.8 percent of those without a high school diploma, high school graduates (no college), and those with some college or an associate degree earned the federal minimum wage or less, compared with 1.4 percent of those with a bachelor's degree and higher." - United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Report

CHECK-MATE!

NEXT!
                Yet despite all this, you spend your time on a web board that covers college football. You need to stand up for your beliefs and forswear anything college related! Delete your account in the name of your beliefs!

Comment

Yet despite all this, you spend your time on a web board that covers college football. You need to stand up for your beliefs and forswear anything college related! Delete your account in the name of your beliefs!
                  You are an idiot. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Take the loss like a man!

Go sniff.

Comment

THANK YOU!!!

That's real life.

I have a VP make 200k + who never attended a day of college. I have 3 employees who received medical training in sonography from a trade school making 6 figures working 30 hours a week. None attended college. I can keep going, but point made.

If one considers success "financial success", then I could list dozens upon dozens of people I know who are millionaires that never attended college.

College does not equal success. Success is based on the individual and their desire to succeed. PERIOD.

Just the other day, I am interviewing for a position. Normal starting wage with 5 years experience is around $70k. A person comes with a degree but zero experience. They want in Healthcare very badly and I am will to hire a real go getter with no experience. They are baducally begging for a shot. I asked this recent grads salary requirements, he said at a minimum $135k. I BUSTED.....laughed so loud and it was not a fake laugh, I was hysterical. It was so out of character and unprofessional of me, but I simply could not help contain myself. I literally had to leave the room as I could barely breathe, had tears streaming and was just hysterical.

I love how significant some people in this world think they are. I giggle at how very important some younger generations think they are and the outrageous self-worth they place on themselves.

This is the fault of Baby-Boomers.....and made worse with each generation after. I tried telling the Texas Youth Football Association to stop giving trophies out to anyone other than the Champions. I complained to the parents to stop making arm tunnels for kids to run through after a game, especially when they lose. I tried to explain that the players are EXPECTED to win games. That is their job. So, please stop trying to reward them for doing their job. The players reward will come when they win the Championship and know they did their best. That's reward enough. H3ll, I don't even like Championship trophies or awards.

Sorry for my rant....🤣
                    What I see by far is college graduates wanting to become CEO out of the gate instead of climbing that ladder.

In government they want to start out as GS 13s instead of starting at entry level GS 7s to learn the ropes and get the respect of their co-workers.

They also find out really quickly that government jobs are a whole different ballgame from the private sector.

The ones without the degrees are the ones that end up being the most skilled due to being willing to climb the ladder and learn the skill at a pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You are an idiot. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Take the loss like a man!

Go sniff.
                      I'm not the idiot here. Make sure to find out if your doctor went to college and find one that didn't, and your accountant learned their tax code on the street and when you move to a new building make sure the engineer that signed off on the plans never took a statics or material class because they don't know anything. And when your building collapses and the IRS is on your ass and you have to file a malpractice suit against your doctor, make sure that whatever lawyer you pick never went to law school, because it's just a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I have a couple Subway managers making $66,000 a year (44 hours/week -no nights or weekends). Neither has any college education. "Minimum wage" in this area is @$14/hr.
                        I know some kids (now young men and women in their early 20's) when they graduated from high school were already making $50K or more because they got their welding and advanced welding certs as part of their high school trades course track. The kids were handed their certs and the senior award ceremonies and the instructor made sure to let it be known what they were earning in real time and this is WITHOUT even officially having their high school diploma in hand. I know many of the welders down here who either work with the refining industries or out in the oil field do side work too or hobbies like building BBQ pits and are easily pushing $100k or more. Me while I was sitting in that auditorium a few years ago? Where can I sign up? Can I be like Rodney Dangerfield and go back to school? LOL!

To top it off those kids got that training at a very small and almost insignificant cost it would have been to go to a four year to get a BA and then a Grad degree. And they got help after they graduated with some start up cost to buy their own rigs and equipment manly on the used and auction markets. What a fricken deal!

Comment

Sorry for my rant....🤣
                          So much this. I find it hilarious when boomers complain about the "everyone gets a trophy" generation without realizing THEY are who created that. Millennials didn't give themselves participation trophies as they grew up lol.

Comment

THANK YOU!!!

That's real life.

Sorry for my rant....🤣
                            I'm disappointed many in Gen X didn't put a stop to it. Some of us tried, but a little thing like social media and a bunch of Karens in the later part of the Gen X and Millennials generation( yes I said iwomen) who easily get offended and have been trained by something out there that men are the source of all evil in the world have pretty much made this a useless task to reverse. And if these Karens have a husband or live in boyfriend or Ex, they probably have their testicles in one of Hillary's testicle lockboxes.

Although I miss the days my sons played sports from the youth leagues to high school level, I am glad I have no part of it now with being around some of these self absorbed and dare I call them wussie parents. My last child graduates from high school next spring and she went the band route and even that has time I want to just pull my hair because of some of the idiot parents and administrators. I just keep to my self, put in my volunteer duties when asked and go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So much this. I find it hilarious when boomers complain about the "everyone gets a trophy" generation without realizing THEY are who created that. Millennials didn't give themselves participation trophies as they grew up lol.
                              They are now by demanding student loan relief and not taking $15 per hour jobs to help pay for college and their lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

They are now by demanding student loan relief and not taking $15 per hour jobs to help pay for college and their lifestyle.
                                How dare they they try and survive in a world that has clearly failed to have wages keep up with inflation for decades. Who do you think is working those fast food jobs during the day when you all run to grab your greasy azz Whataburger? Surely can't be high school kids, they should be in school. That's always the argument, right? Those jobs aren't meant for adults and they don't require a living wage? This attitude never ceases to baffle me no how many times it is ignorantly shared.

Why don't we have you list the jobs out that you don't think deserve to survive in this country by working one full-time job and you be sure to not go use any of them for a month. Deal?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X