Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

And those welders get the privilege, if Biden has his way, of paying taxes so "super-privileged" college goers can have their (voluntary and legally binding) student debts forgiven. Pretty bad deal for the welders.

But, where do I get a refund for the $20,000 I paid to send my son thru WT and the $40,000 I paid for my daughter to graduate from Southwestern University (Georgetown, Tx) and she had a $30,000 a year theater scholarship. Before anyone gets to put their future student loan obligation in the trash.......I want my $60,000 college money already paid out back!!!
    I busted my azz in the west Texas oil Fields every summer, Christmas and spring break. I also landed a part time job every year when I got back to San Angelo. No std loan debt. Do I get reimbursed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You're good to go again.

I did something and accidentally removed access for a lot of people.
      Unfortunately, the ones that needed to be removed were not.....

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

I'm not seeing it much anymore and I work in youth athletics. If anything, it's more cutthroat with very expensive and exclusive travel teams. I think the AAU/Tournament ball (especially basketball and baseball) has taken the fun out of sports. Kids often won't play sports unless they're in a uniform and a parent is nearby coaching them. I don't care about the trophies, I want the fun back in sports, pickup basketball at the park, sandlot baseball, football at the neighborhood field. No trophies, no parents, no uniforms, and no four-figure fees to pay the local businessman as coach.
        100%. Very well put!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Unfortunately, the ones that needed to be removed were not.....
          It keeps the trash discussions off the rest of the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

BINGO! Exactly my point!

Our university educational system is a joke!! College grads waiting on me at restaurants, washing my vehicles, and they make a mean cup of coffee at Starbucks.
            My daughter got a degree in Theater. A couple year's of waiting tables, tending bar, and a few actual theater, ad jobs, and extras parts (she was a union member of Actor's Equity, American Federation of Theater, Radio, and TV Artist's, and Screen Actor's Guild), she decided to get a real job.

Starting with a job in a tech headhunter company for 2 years, then with Indeed for 5 years, now 2 years with an Austin high tech marketing company with offices internationally. She knocks down double the best money business owner Dad ever paid himself and she had NO initial tech background. She's developed abilities in her field that are in demand. She does say her theatrical experience has given her excellent communication skills sometimes lacking among tech-types. So, yeah, college Theater helped her, but not as much as her work ethic, smarts, and personal moxie.

She does lament not getting a marketing degree in college. She'd like to get into the 2 year MBA marketing program at UT but.......it's hard to give up the money she's making right now. College can be important. Maybe not. You never know if or how it might or might not help. Life can be like a corkscrew.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
              I busted my azz in the west Texas oil Fields every summer, Christmas and spring break. I also landed a part time job every year when I got back to San Angelo. No std loan debt. Do I get reimbursed?
              Nah. You and millions like us are seen as chumps by the elite swells.

Comment

It keeps the trash discussions off the rest of the board.
                OK. I'll stop replying. Haha! Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                  std loan debt??

Syphilis, gonorrhea, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

std loan debt??

Syphilis, gonorrhea, etc?
                    Some of the treatments can get very expensive....

At least that is what I have heard.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

OK. I'll stop replying. Haha! Sorry.
                      Ha Ha Ha. Even if I disagree with something you might say in there, it's typically reasoned and researched.

Comment

Ha Ha Ha. Even if I disagree with something you might say in there, it's typically reasoned and researched.
                        I got tired of doing research. And as for getting anywhere with reason on the OT..............it left on the last train to Georgia.

Comment

• Brandon why all of a sudden are posts/topics being "policed". Nothing I read on this thread endangered anyone or sounded threatening to anyone. Nothing appeared to be an anti "woke" (of you will) comment either.

Other than hijacking a thread, which happens on every thread, I don't see an issue.

I guess I am a little slow. Can you please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Brandon why all of a sudden are posts/topics being "policed". Nothing I read on this thread endangered anyone or sounded threatening to anyone. Nothing appeared to be an anti "woke" (of you will) comment either.

Other than hijacking a thread, which happens on every thread, I don't see an issue.

I guess I am a little slow. Can you please enlighten me.

Thanks.
                            I am sure one of the known proud liberals:

LSC Fan
                            LionFan
                            HOGSVRR

Might have complained about their safe space being invaded.

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Some of the treatments can get very expensive....

At least that is what I have heard.....
                              Especially if you catch a Superbug!

Comment

• Nvm not worth the time 🙃
                                Last edited by Turbonium; 01-26-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X