Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post
    Nothing against UMHB or HS but I have hard time believing they would finish in the top three of the Lone Star. That’s a really bold statement
    The Lone Star of 10-15 years ago, yes.

UMHB would win the lone star the first year if not for sure the second or third.

Same way the LSC basketball teams could right away compete to win the Southland conference basketball tournament and win a reward to get smoked by Kansas/UConn first round.

Comment

• Wow. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

And you finished 8th in the conference... Texans are weird man. The 2 time defending national champions at the D2 level play in a stadium with a capacity of 6,200. The team that won the natty the year before that played at a minor league baseball stadium. Spend less time worrying about the size of the competition and more time trying to figure out how to beat winless Canadian teams.
        WOW! As nasty as that statement is......it's the TRUTH!!

And not everyone in Texas feels that way, at all!! The ones that do have obnoxiously huge egos.

Probably trying to compensate for something. đŸ˜‰

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post
          Nothing against UMHB or HS but I have hard time believing they would finish in the top three of the Lone Star. That’s a really bold statement
          I am not certain how competitive they would be once they had to follow DII scholly rules and recruiting rules.. Right now, it's a free for all. Top athletes get a full ride PLUS, via "other" schollies and grants. How do I know this? Three of my son's closest HS friends played football for the Crusaders. I know their parents well as I coached two of their boys. Those three didn't pay a single penny to attend UMHB and had ZERO loans. As a matter of fact each received "refunds" into their account and had plenty of money to live on.

Yeah, they know how to play the D3 "game", no doubt. But that model goes away if/when they ever move up to DII.

Could they be a top team?? After they learn the DII "game", why not?

Now, I think under their current system, they could do okay in the LSC. But, as stated, that system is against the rules (illegal) in the athletic-scholly DII world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

The Lone Star of 10-15 years ago, yes.

UMHB would win the lone star the first year if not for sure the second or third.

Same way the LSC basketball teams could right away compete to win the Southland conference basketball tournament and win a reward to get smoked by Kansas/UConn first round.
            I CALL BULLSH!T.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Their AD & HC have learned how to play the D3 finance game. Hence, they get top talent because they pay for it. MANY of their players are DII talent. But that financial loophole model they have goes away the minute they step up to DII. Majority of their top players would have to walk or take a huge financial cut. Hence take loans. Theor current recruiting model goes out the window. What makes rhem the best in tbe country dies as soon as they step up to DII. Yeah, that's not going to happen!!

Based on finances, UMHB Crusaders would become a mediocre, AT BEST, football team. And not sure they would ever be in the top 2 in the LSC.

And just because your Buffs have been mediocre since Cartgel left, does not nean the LSC as a whole has gotten worse. I actually believe the conference as a whole has gotten MUCH better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I CALL BULLSH!T.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Their AD & HC have learned how to play the D3 finance game. Hence, they get top talent because they pay for it. MANY of their players are DII talent. But that financial loophole model they have goes away the minute they step up to DII. Majority of their top players would have to walk or take a huge financial cut. Hence take loans. Theor current recruiting model goes out the window. What makes rhem the best in tbe country dies as soon as they step up to DII. Yeah, that's not going to happen!!

Based on finances, UMHB Crusaders would become a mediocre, AT BEST, football team. And not sure they would ever be in the top 2 in the LSC.

And just because your Buffs have been mediocre since Cartgel left, does not nean the LSC as a whole has gotten worse. I actually believe the conference as a whole has gotten MUCH better.
              We can't call bullsh!t on the other unless UMHB makes that move.

Can D2 players receive NIL money? Genuinely asking because that could be a game changer too and an offset in UMHB's favor.

Sorry but when a playoff caliber team loses to a team outside the united states and the second place team gets obliterated by a school in Oklahoma in a bowl game that no LSC team in Texas would have lost to 10 years ago then no the LSC as a whole isnt better.

I stand by my comment that the LSC has become way weaker with the departure of Tarleton and Commerce the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

I'm trying to figure out if I'm more shocked by being called liberal or that Sul Ross is going to be in the LSC

SRU moving to LSC not much different than D2 schools moving to FCS when they probably shouldn't. At least for them, there is probably (not certain, but probably) a net financial benefit for the move as opposed to putting more of a financial burden on the students.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Can D2 players receive NIL money? Genuinely asking because that could be a game changer too and an offset in UMHB's favor.

Sorry but when a playoff caliber team loses to a team outside the united states and the second place team gets obliterated by a school in Oklahoma in a bowl game that no LSC team in Texas would have lost to 10 years ago then no the LSC as a whole isnt better.

I stand by my comment that the LSC has become way weaker with the departure of Tarleton and Commerce the last few years.
                  Certainly last year was not a good year for the LSC. However, we have new and better coaches at WT, ENMU, and UTPB. Kingsville should be better. Angelo will still be very good. WOU improved a lot last year, and may continue to do so. MSU looked better toward the end of last year and CWU was solid. I don't think the conference will be as good as 5 years ago, but things are on the upswing.

Comment

I stand by my "BULLSH!T" comment. đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Certainly last year was not a good year for the LSC. However, we have new and better coaches at WT, ENMU, and UTPB. Kingsville should be better. Angelo will still be very good. WOU improved a lot last year, and may continue to do so. MSU looked better toward the end of last year and CWU was solid. I don't think the conference will be as good as 5 years ago, but things are on the upswing.
                      I know I am beating a dead horse here but here is another way to look at it.

In the past the LSC second place team had a decent chance and multiple times won games in the playoffs when that team was ACU, Tarleton, Commerce, ASU, WT, etc.

Now there isn't a team outside of Angelo that could win a game in the playoffs and Kingsville was humiliated in the bowl game.

Will that improve in 2023 and beyond with a second place team making the playoffs and being competitive??

Stay tuned....

Comment

In the past the LSC second place team had a decent chance and multiple times won games in the playoffs when that team was ACU, Tarleton, Commerce, ASU, WT, etc.

Now there isn't a team outside of Angelo that could win a game in the playoffs and Kingsville was humiliated in the bowl game.

Will that improve in 2023 and beyond with a second place team making the playoffs and being competitive??

Stay tuned....
                        I think overall LSC football will improve in the future. The addition of Lynn at WT, Lee at ENMU, and possibly McDonough at UTPB will lift the LSC boat.

Comment

Stay tuned....
                          Kingsville was the LSC third place finisher.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?standings=142

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Kingsville was the LSC third place finisher.

https://lonestarconference.org/stand...?standings=142
                            No sarcasm here, but did CWU get any bowl invites? WT may have had that opportunity one year during the Hughes era but the AD said no invites would be accepted.

Comment

No sarcasm here, but did CWU get any bowl invites? WT may have had that opportunity one year during the Hughes era but the AD said no invites would be accepted.
                              No bowl invites.

Comment

I don't think coaching has been the problem at UTPB. Unless a lot of things change, the next coach will not have a lot of success.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X