Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for some actual Sul Ross State news.

https://www.cbs7.com/2023/01/31/sul-...a-division-ii/

Comment

• All I can say is if Sul Ross does become a LSC power they need to upgrade the facilities and seating capacity.

ESPN 2 would have a heart attack trying to set up their equipment for a national semi final game and generate fake crowd noise for the small audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        All I can say is if Sul Ross does become a LSC power they need to upgrade the facilities and seating capacity.

ESPN 2 would have a heart attack trying to set up their equipment for a national semi final game and generate fake crowd noise for the small audience.
        Oh yeah, ESPN. Remember we had to build a new stadium so that ESPN would visit us more often? I believe they have showed up once since. What a great investment!

Sul Ross could just hire Hughes to make sure that's never a problem.

Comment

• That would be kind of awesome to see ESPN at a tiny stadium like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Oh yeah, ESPN. Remember we had to build a new stadium so that ESPN would visit us more often? I believe they have showed up once since. What a great investment!

Sul Ross could just hire Hughes to make sure that's never a problem.
            🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Comment

All I can say is if Sul Ross does become a LSC power they need to upgrade the facilities and seating capacity.

ESPN 2? WHO CARES?

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                That would be kind of awesome to see ESPN at a tiny stadium like that.
                Live from the scenic Concho Valley of Texas (quick split second pan of the hills behind Jackson stadium) we have a great matchup and the crowd (20 people) have been tailgating for hours.

Comment

The football facilities really are not bad compared to most of D2. The stadium is not huge, but it doesn't need to be with a school of 2,000 students in a town of less than 6,000 people. Jackson Field seats 4,000, and, especially for night games, the town shows up and opposing fans travel surprisingly well. It would be far from the saddest scene in a playoff broadcast. Assumption hosted a playoff game in their 1200 seat stadium this year. I'm sure most of the noise in that game came from visiting fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

The football facilities really are not bad compared to most of D2. The stadium is not huge, but it doesn't need to be with a school of 2,000 students in a town of less than 6,000 people. Jackson Field seats 4,000, and, especially for night games, the town shows up and opposing fans travel surprisingly well. It would be far from the saddest scene in a playoff broadcast. Assumption hosted a playoff game in their 1200 seat stadium this year. I'm sure most of the noise in that game came from visiting fans.
                    The attendance for the 4 home games were 185, 175, 165, and 200.

Looks like we have different definitions of showing up.

Comment

Those are inaccurate numbers. There are more than 200 people just between the two teams playing every game. They average between 1000-1500, with significantly more people at night games. They haven't had any night games in the past 2 years, so attendance has definitely gone down, but they have never had as few as 200 people at a home game.

Comment

That's about what WTAM was averaging during the Ronnie Jones era. That might have included the ticks on your mascot too.

Comment

Those are inaccurate numbers. There are more than 200 people just between the two teams playing every game. They average between 1000-1500, with significantly more people at night games. They haven't had any night games in the past 2 years, so attendance has definitely gone down, but they have never had as few as 200 people at a home game.
                          Wouldn't number of people and attendance be two different numbers in this example?

Why would SRSU post inaccurate attendance numbers?

Never heard of counting the players, coaches, etc. as part of the "attendance".

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Wouldn't number of people and attendance be two different numbers in this example?

If all of the fans, players and coaches can fit into the local Dollar General, does it even matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Every attendance count includes everyone in the stadium, including players and people working. It’s people at the game, not ticket sales. I don’t know why they would post an inaccurate number, but I’ve been to multiple games there and there has never been anywhere near that few people even just in the stands.

Comment

Every attendance count includes everyone in the stadium, including players and people working. It’s people at the game, not ticket sales. I don’t know why they would post an inaccurate number, but I’ve been to multiple games there and there has never been anywhere near that few people even just in the stands.
                                I have never heard of that. I know that isn't the case at CWU games, or Montana State games, both of which I attend regularly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X