Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

Every attendance count includes everyone in the stadium, including players and people working. It’s people at the game, not ticket sales. I don’t know why they would post an inaccurate number, but I’ve been to multiple games there and there has never been anywhere near that few people even just in the stands.
    At last weeks WT vs Angelo BB games the reported attendance was 1143. I'll kiss everyone's ass on here and twice on Sundays if that was accurate. There were at least 2000 present. I queried a WT administrator and he agreed that the 1143 was seemingly way short of what he and I witnessed. I didn't ask him why the difference..........didn't want to put him on the spot. Ha! Still, many schools, obviously including WT, fail to accurately count attendance. Some always over report, some under report by just not getting everyone counted.....people slipping thru cracks in the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I have never heard of that. I know that isn't the case at CWU games, or Montana State games, both of which I attend regularly.
      I really hate it when CWU posters derail such a fascinating subject as Sul Ross joining the LSC. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

ESPN 2? WHO CARES?
        Plus the D2 semifinals were relegated to ESPN+ the Ocho or something, no longer even on ESPN2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Plus the D2 semifinals were relegated to ESPN+ the Ocho or something, no longer even on ESPN2.
          There is no measurable national viewership for D2 sports. It has practically no monetary value to the networks; they wouldn’t broadcast any of it, were they not required to per their contracts with the NCAA. It is basically something the networks take a significant loss for in exchange for quality inventory from D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

There is no measurable national viewership for D2 sports. It has practically no monetary value to the networks; they wouldn’t broadcast any of it, were they not required to per their contracts with the NCAA. It is basically something the networks take a significant loss for in exchange for quality inventory from D1.
            I'm well aware. It's a business and D2 football is the oatmeal raisin cookie of the product line.

Comment

I'm well aware. It's a business and D2 football is the oatmeal raisin cookie of the product line.
              Ummmm....over 23% of Americans listed Oatmeal Raisin as their FAVORITE cookie.*

23% of Americans do not list DII football as their favorite football.

Just sayin'!

*Based on a poll conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Crumbl Cookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

ABSOLUTELY!!! But those rates do love it seem to be pretty loyal. With that said, it appears attendance is dying faster than D1s.

I wonder how many active D2 Messageboard posters there are and the difference in the past 10 years. I mean I am sure the "lifetime" total accounts are higher of course, but I am talking about ACTIVE members only.

Comment

• Lots of talk on here. Many downplaying Sul Ross. I LIKE them joining the LSC. Within time, they could be a dark horse.

Maybe they will be the "Simon Fraser" who kicks the sh!t out of WT (or plug in your team of choice).

For some reason, it makes sense and I like it!!! I might even become a Lobos fan!

I guarantee Hardin-Simmons & Mary Hardin will be watching this transition closely!

Comment

Ummmm....over 23% of Americans listed Oatmeal Raisin as their FAVORITE cookie.*

23% of Americans do not list DII football as their favorite football.

Just sayin'!

*Based on a poll conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Crumbl Cookies.
                    Lol, it's from a rather hilarious The Office episode from back in the day. I'm glad you bothered to look that statistic up though. 🤣

Comment

Lol, it's from a rather hilarious The Office episode from back in the day. I'm glad you bothered to look that statistic up though. 🤣
                      Which rather hilarious episode of The Office?

You're not referring to the Famous Amos episode are you??

Then it would be D2 football is the oatmeal with no raisins of college football.
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 02-08-2023, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Lots of talk on here. Many downplaying Sul Ross. I LIKE them joining the LSC. Within time, they could be a dark horse.

Maybe they will be the "Simon Fraser" who kicks the sh!t out of WT (or plug in your team of choice).

For some reason, it makes sense and I like it!!! I might even become a Lobos fan!

I guarantee Hardin-Simmons & Mary Hardin will be watching this transition closely!
                        WT for all intent and purposes is the Texas Tech of the LSC.

No real value or measuring stick to beating them these days.

There are enough horrible bottom dwellers (Ft. Lewis, Simon Fraser, Oklahoma Baptist, etc.) around to invite to Alpine to get the 200 fan base fired up about beating the mighty D2 competition.

Comment

Which rather hilarious episode of The Office?

You're not referring to the Famous Amos episode are you??

Then it would be D2 football is the oatmeal with no raisins of college football.
                          No, the one where Robert California thinks Kevin has some great business insight as he thinks he's using cookies as a metaphor to their product line. Kevin is actually just talking about cookies and their placement in the vending machine though. Could've just been oatmeal cookies, been too long.

I'll have to find season and episode info later. Good stuff.

Comment

• I have a question: Do Sul Ross or HS or UMHB even want to go D2? Or is all this hyperbole?

I don't think WT is the TT of the LSC. That's preposterous. I'm sure mighty OU would have loved to beat TT this year..... Watch Joey Mac keep turning Tech around; that dude can coach some football.

Comment

The oatmeal raisin cookies in my Subways called.......and they are offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The oatmeal raisin cookies in my Subways called.......and they are offended.
                                Well, they are the worst cookie so I'm okay with that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X