Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Head Football Coach At WNMU?

It's been almost a month since Coach Vigil announced that he's leaving WNMU for CSU Pueblo. I haven't seen anything posted on the Mustangs website about a new hire. A month is a long time to go without finding a replacement. Does anyone know anything that hasn't been officially announced? Any rumors? I'm curious.
    Last edited by crixus; 01-20-2023, 04:39 PM.

Originally posted by crixus View Post
    It's been almost a month since Coach Vigil announced that he's leaving WNMU for CSU Pueblo. I haven't seen anything posted on the Mustangs website about a new hire. A month is a long time to go without finding a replacement. Does anyone know anything that hasn't been officially announced? Any rumors? I'm curious.
    They hired Hunter Hughes as the head coach remotely from Canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

They hired Hunter Hughes as the head coach remotely from Canyon.
      I'll miss Coach Vigil. He did a great job! From a LSC bottom dweller to a winning record in just two seasons.
      ​​​​​​
      Last edited by crixus; 01-21-2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I'll miss Coach Vigil. He did a great job! From a LSC bottom dweller to a winning record in just two seasons.
        ​​​​​​
        It's tough losing a great coach. We have been looking for another one at WT for 10 seasons. I hope your wait is shorter!

Comment

​​​​​​
          So who are you hearing are in the mix?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

So who are you hearing are in the mix?
            ​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

I believe the OC Billy Hickman is now the HC.

https://twitter.com/coach_bhickman?s...lVeLrpeGDuYAVw

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                I believe the OC Billy Hickman is now the HC.

https://twitter.com/coach_bhickman?s...lVeLrpeGDuYAVw
                Thanks! They haven't posted it on the WNMU football website yet. I just checked again and it still says Vigil. Maybe they'll get around to updating it this week.

Comment

I heard they promoted Hickman a while back, but I never saw anything official either

Comment

From Footballscoop.com

Sources: Billy Hickman finalizing deal to become head coach at Western New Mexico
                    Western New Mexico (D-II) is looking to keep things in house for the new leader of their program.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Billy Hickman is finalizing a deal to become the new head coach of the Mustangs.

He spent the past two years with the program as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

Before coming to Western New Mexico, Hickman previously served as the offensive coordinator at Luther College (D-III - IA) from 2018-20, where he helped the program lead the league in rushing for extend their streak to seven seasons in a row with that honor.

He also previously served as the offensive coordinator at Tabor (NAIA - KS) from 2010-17. There, he was named NAIA Assistant Coach of the Year from the AFCA in 2017 and helped the program capture three-straight conference titles and set numerous team and individual records, including the single-season rushing record of over 4,058 in 2014.
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
                      I heard they promoted Hickman a while back, but I never saw anything official either
                      WNMU didn't make an official announcement until this past week (February 8th). Better late than never.

https://wnmumustangs.com/news/2023/2...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X