Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: NFL Playoffs

Now that we are down to 4 teams, with the youngest average age ever for QBs, I thought it might be nice to talk about the playoffs.

SF vs Philly. I really like the 49ers, and cheering for Mr. Irrelevant is fun. However, the game plan the 49ers used against Dallas won't have a prayer against the Eagles. They were WAY too conservative. I think the kid is up for a little more risk, otherwise the 49ers will have a long ride home. Philly by 3.

Cincinnati vs KC This should be a really good game. I was stunned about how good the Bengals were against Buffalo, especially on the road in the snow. Burrow is an amazing young QB but so is Mahomes. If Mahomes is healthy this could be a real shoot-out coming down to whomever has the ball last. Even if Mahomes is still sore, he will still be very effective, but I think the Bengals would win in that situation. Bengals by 1.

What say you?

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Now that we are down to 4 teams, with the youngest average age ever for QBs, I thought it might be nice to talk about the playoffs.

SF vs Philly. I really like the 49ers, and cheering for Mr. Irrelevant is fun. However, the game plan the 49ers used against Dallas won't have a prayer against the Eagles. They were WAY too conservative. I think the kid is up for a little more risk, otherwise the 49ers will have a long ride home. Philly by 3.

Cincinnati vs KC This should be a really good game. I was stunned about how good the Bengals were against Buffalo, especially on the road in the snow. Burrow is an amazing young QB but so is Mahomes. If Mahomes is healthy this could be a real shoot-out coming down to whomever has the ball last. Even if Mahomes is still sore, he will still be very effective, but I think the Bengals would win in that situation. Bengals by 1.

What say you?
    NFC
    If Oklahoma is rhe armpit of America, Philidelphia is the azz-hole! I can't stand that team, that city, or it's fans. They are the most obnoxious of ANY sports team in America. So, just for that reason I want them to lose. Talking X's & O's, I am inerested in seeing the Beagles offense vs the 49ers D. I take the underdogs by 3.

AFC
    The Bengals were on fire against Buffalo. In this match up you have the #1 QB in Mahomes vs arguably the #4 QB. The question is will that right ankle hamper Mahomes enough to make a difference? However, the Bengals already beat KC during regular season by 3. I'll take the Bengals in what's building up to be a real dog fight.

Comment

I think Jackson and Herbert have a good chance of joining the club.

Comment

:)

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I would rather watch Cuba and North Korea play each other in soccer before I watch the Eagles and 49ers in an NFC championship game.

I hate both of those teams with a passion.

Hoping the Bengals win the next 2 games since I am not much of a Chiefs fan either.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              I would rather watch Cuba and North Korea play each other in soccer before I watch the Eagles and 49ers in an NFC championship game.

I hate both of those teams with a passion.

Hoping the Bengals win the next 2 games since I am not much of a Chiefs fan either.
              You sound like a typical Cowboy fan.

Comment

You sound like a typical Cowboy fan.
                Guilty as charged. If a meteor hit Lincoln financial field during the game I wouldn't lose any sleep. ;)

Comment

I was not impressed with Gardner Minshew as the Philly QB when he played while Hurts was hurt. So I looked up the 49ers' backup(assuming Garoppolo is still unable). I've never heard of this guy, but he's been on more than a dozen rosters, some twice. If one of the QBs goes down today, don't look for great QB play afterward.

https://www.nfl.com/players/josh-johnson/stats/

Comment

I was not impressed with Gardner Minshew as the Philly QB when he played while Hurts was hurt. So I looked up the 49ers' backup(assuming Garoppolo is still unable). I've never heard of this guy, but he's been on more than a dozen rosters, some twice. If one of the QBs goes down today, don't look for great QB play afterward.

https://www.nfl.com/players/josh-johnson/stats/
                    I think Garropolo was available this week but wasn't going to risk injury for a team that wasn't going to want him back next year.

Its Purdy as the starter and Lance as the backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think Garropolo was available this week but wasn't going to risk injury for a team that wasn't going to want him back next year.

Its Purdy as the starter and Lance as the backup.

SF needs to trade Lance and keep Jimmy G as the back up. Lance costs too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post

I agree. Plus Lance is never healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post

Both of those scenarios are debatable.

I doubt there will be any takers for Lance's services as a starter and definitely as a backup.

It would save the 49ers 3.76 million to trade him after June 1st.

Now the question is could they sign Garropolo for less than that?

I personally dont think either side wants to be back in SF in Garropolo's case.

Only reason he was there this year was because Lance got hurt early.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to keep a first round pick as a back up. Now I think that Purdy and Lance should have the chance to battle it out. But if SF is getting rid of someone, maybe Jimmy G is the option after all.

Comment

From a trade point of view, they could get a lot more for Jimmy G. However, I have yet to see what value Lance has, since he is always hurt. He's played in a TOTAL of 8 games in his career, including 2 in 2022.

The 49ers should find a backup QB that is DURABLE! Evidently they need to work on their conditioning drills for QBs as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X