Didn't WT just get swept by UT Tyler?
    Yes, I mentioned that above.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Yes, I mentioned that above.
      Sorry, only read last comment you made.

🥱

Comment

WT swept TWU over the weekend. The first 2 games were easy but TWU Coach McNutt (formerly of Commerce) had the team fired up on Sunday. The score was 1-1 until the top of the 6th. WT loaded the bases then got 2 outs. After a strike was called on the next batter, the TWU catcher mishandled the ball. She was able to pick it up and tag the WT runner who was about to cross the plate. However when she tagged the runner the ball came out. By the time the catcher recovered, another run had scored. So shortly after that it was 6-1 WT which was the final score.

Since being swept by UT Tyler, WT is playing better and did an amazing job of running the bases against TWU. Coach Mook doesn't show all of his cards until well into the season. I like teams that finish strong, and his coaching style emphasizes that.

Next weekend #25 OCU comes to Canyon. That should be a good series.

Comment

WT swept TWU over the weekend. The first 2 games were easy but TWU Coach McNutt (formerly of Commerce) had the team fired up on Sunday. The score was 1-1 until the top of the 6th. WT loaded the bases then got 2 outs. After a strike was called on the next batter, the TWU catcher mishandled the ball. She was able to pick it up and tag the WT runner who was about to cross the plate. However when she tagged the runner the ball came out. By the time the catcher recovered, another run had scored. So shortly after that it was 6-1 WT which was the final score.

Since being swept by UT Tyler, WT is playing better and did an amazing job of running the bases against TWU. Coach Mook doesn't show all of his cards until well into the season. I like teams that finish strong, and his coaching style emphasizes that.

Next weekend #25 OCU comes to Canyon. That should be a good series.
          Too bad the weather's gonna suck.....mid 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Too bad the weather's gonna suck.....mid 40's.
            Where is that retractable roof over the softball field?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Where is that retractable roof over the softball field?
              It blew off a couple weeks ago.

Comment

WT takes 2 out of 3 against OCU. They beat up our freshman pitcher in the first game, but both teams played well after that.

I won’t be able to watch any more games until next month as I will be heading to Europe via ship…

Comment

WT takes 2 out of 3 against OCU. They beat up our freshman pitcher in the first game, but both teams played well after that.

I won’t be able to watch any more games until next month as I will be heading to Europe via ship…
                  Lair is still the stud pitcher. Boyer had one of those "Freshman Games" It happens.
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Don't forget your life preserver. Have fun!

A repositioning cruise?

Comment

Wt. sweeps the Jav's this weekend. They are an improved team.

Wt bats were just too strong. Boyer is becoming a dominant player. Hitting and in the circle.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                        Wt. sweeps the Jav's this weekend. They are an improved team.

Wt bats were just too strong. Boyer is becoming a dominant player. Hitting and in the circle.
                        Is WT in 1st??

How about baseball? Is WT also in 1st??

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Is WT in 1st??

How about baseball? Is WT also in 1st??
                          No. WT SB is in 2nd behind UT-Tyler. Tyler SB is 34-4, 22-2. WT is 29-4, 20-4. Tyler swept 3 over Lady Buffs in Tyler.

Comment

No. WT SB is in 2nd behind UT-Tyler. Tyler SB is 34-4, 22-2. WT is 29-4, 20-4. Tyler swept 3 over Lady Buffs in Tyler.
                            How about baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

How about baseball?
                              WT baseball is 4th place.

Comment

WT baseball is 4th place.
                                Oh, really?? I need to find the standings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X