Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt Softball is now ranked #10 in the Nation.

Once again Coach Mook has his team playing their best ball at the right time. This should be a deep run for the Lady Buffs.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      Wt Softball is now ranked #10 in the Nation.

Once again Coach Mook has his team playing their best ball at the right time. This should be a deep run for the Lady Buffs.
      They can beat anyone, but WILL they beat Tyler? They will have to play flawlessly to do so.

I've said it before - they need to use Lair and Wilson like they did 2 years ago when they won it all. Heidi can help too.

Put Boyer at first base because hitting from that position has sucked for 2 years! She can pitch more next year when Lair and Wilson are gone.

The weather in Tyler is not looking good for the weekend! https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ty...orecast/331126

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

They can beat anyone, but WILL they beat Tyler? They will have to play flawlessly to do so.

I've said it before - they need to use Lair and Wilson like they did 2 years ago when they won it all. Heidi can help too.

Put Boyer at first base because hitting from that position has sucked for 2 years! She can pitch more next year when Lair and Wilson are gone.

The weather in Tyler is not looking good for the weekend! https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ty...orecast/331126
        They better bring their bats because Goff is the best pitcher in the league.

Comment

ENMU shut out St. Mary's earlier today, 1-0 and then faced WT, losing by a run 2-3. WT didn't hit well and Freshman pitcher Boyer almost blew it in the 6th before being replaced by Kyra Lair, who shut down ENMU.

ENMU is 26-30 for the year and were the lowest seed, but evidently were fired up for the LSC tournament. Meanwhile second seed WT, 47-5, needs to get fired up and start hitting. They will play tomorrow against the winner of OCU and Kingsville.

Comment

ENMU shut out St. Mary's earlier today, 1-0 and then faced WT, losing by a run 2-3. WT didn't hit well and Freshman pitcher Boyer almost blew it in the 6th before being replaced by Kyra Lair, who shut down ENMU.

ENMU is 26-30 for the year and were the lowest seed, but evidently were fired up for the LSC tournament. Meanwhile second seed WT, 47-5, needs to get fired up and start hitting. They will play tomorrow against the winner of OCU and Kingsville.
            When was the last time a team had 47 wins but were only the second seed in their conference tournament?

Comment

Tyler blew away St Edwards last night.

I looked at Tyler's fielding versus WT. Tyler has 32 errors and 6 passed balls compared to WT's 36 errors and 12 passed balls. However Tyler has played 5 games more than WT.

Tyler gave up 17 stolen bases on 52 attempts. WT gave up only15 on 108 attempts!

Offensively Tyler got 89 stolen bases on 100 attempts. WT got 110 out of 121 attempts. Unfortunately our best PR with 12/12 SBs broke her arm recently. I don't know if she will be back in time for the playoffs.

Tyler has a team conference OPS average of .972. WT's is .938. OPS is on base percentage plus slugging percentage.

Tyler's conference ERA is 1.32, WT's is 1.79.

Yeah, that's a lot of stats but there are many more if you want to take a look.

Comment

I sure hope Mook starts Heidi today and saves Lair.

Comment

I sure hope Mook starts Heidi today and saves Lair.
                  I am hoping for Emilee Wilson. Heidi has been hurt a lot this year, and I'm not sure she's ready for a playoff start.

Comment

I am hoping for Emilee Wilson. Heidi has been hurt a lot this year, and I'm not sure she's ready for a playoff start.
                    Update: I just brought up the stats - the game hasn't started but Lair is shown as the starter. https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broa...?a=1&id=465492

I guess we were outvoted.

Comment

WT threw in the towel in the 6th inning today, going from 2 runs behind to being run ruled 9-0. Yes, the team that barely got by ENMU yesterday sucked today. Maybe they were dreading playing Tyler, now they don't have to.

There's plenty of blame to go around. No hitting, bad pitches, wild pitches, passed balls. Read up on this one inning if you feel like being horrified.

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broa...?a=1&id=465492

Comment

Maybe next year!

Comment

Wt will still be in the regional tournament. That cost WT a chance to host.

Comment

Wt will still be in the regional tournament. That cost WT a chance to host.
                            I meant maybe WIN the LSC Tournament Championship.

I saw WT baseball lost it's opening round game 1.

Comment

OCU played well against Tyler before losing in the bottom of the 7th, 4-3.

I don't know how the regional hosts are picked, but it should not be on the basis of 1 loss. WT has the second fewest losses in the conference,

Comment

OCU played well against Tyler before losing in the bottom of the 7th, 4-3.

I don't know how the regional hosts are picked, but it should not be on the basis of 1 loss. WT has the second fewest losses in the conference,
                                I don't know either. My guess is there is a formula like FB and BB. Wt only has 1 loss at home this year. I hope we get to host some games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X