Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I don't know either. My guess is there is a formula like FB and BB. Wt only has 1 loss at home this year. I hope we get to host some games.
    I want WT to get the #2 regional seed and host so that dude from the RMAC can lose his mind again like he did over basketball.

Comment

WT is the #3 seed and will host, with Cameron first up in the Regionals. Tyler is the #1 seed and Colorado Christian is #2, despite having a better record than Tyler. OCU is the 4th seed. I don't understand how WT manages to host as #3 but I am not complaining.

check out pages 9 & 10 https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/files/2023DIISBRegionalBracket_AllRegions.pdf click on regional brackets.
      Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-08-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        WT is the #3 seed and will play Cameron in the Regionals. Tyler is the #1 seed and Colorado Christian is #2, despite having a better record than Tyler. OCU is the 4th seed.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d2/2023
        Am I reading the bracket right and #3 WT gets to host over #2 Colorado Christian?

Guess its time to monitor that Livingston's twitter again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Am I reading the bracket right and #3 WT gets to host over #2 Colorado Christian?

Isn't part of the hosting process to have the school place a "Bid" to host?
          Maybe Wt had the higher bid or CC did not bid. I have no clue.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes.
              He seems to not care (yet) since its not Ft. Lewis but there is a die hard Oklahoma Christian supporter (those exist?) that is pissed on the D2 Facebook page that WT is hosting because they beat WT the opening round of the LSC tournament and that all 7 LSC teams are in the same region.

I am actually on board with splitting all the teams up in different regions but that is a pipe dream in all D2 sports.

Comment

He seems to not care (yet) since its not Ft. Lewis but there is a die hard Oklahoma Christian supporter (those exist?) that is pissed on the D2 Facebook page that WT is hosting because they beat WT the opening round of the LSC tournament and that all 7 LSC teams are in the same region.

I am actually on board with splitting all the teams up in different regions but that is a pipe dream in all D2 sports.
                You can't pick who is in the playoffs in any league based on 1 bad game. Only 4 teams in the nation had more wins than WT. Colorado Christian and Tyler are 2 of them. OCU is not on the list.

Comment

I hope the Lady Buffs make a better showing in the regional than they did in the LSC tourney. If they don’t, OCU has every right to be pissed.

Comment

The Lady Buffs managed to overcome surprisingly bad pitching with superior hitting today, beating always troublesome Cameron 11-5. Cameron left 10 runners on base while WT left 4.

Kyra Lair, who gave up 4 runs in 3 innings got the win, with Heidi Vortherms closing out the game, earning a save. Lair, 18-2, allowed 2 of the longest home runs I've ever seen in Canyon. Freshman of the Year Emilee Boyer was yanked after 2.1 innings in the circle and was 1 for 4 at the plate.

Gabbie McConnell had 3 doubles, all hit to almost the same spot in center field. Ruby Salzman batted in a couple of runs and made an amazing diving catch of a fly ball that would otherwise have scored a couple of runs. Madison Johnson batted in 4 runs.

Comment

Colorado Christian trailed St. Mary's 1-2 in the 8th inning but managed to pull out a win, 3-2. They will play WT tomorrow at noon, while St. Mary's will play Cameron later in the afternoon.

Meanwhile Tyler defeated St. Edwards 7-4. OCU hammered LCU 9-1. So Tyler will get a rematch with OCU tomorrow.

Comment

Colorado Christian trailed St. Mary's 1-2 in the 8th inning but managed to pull out a win, 3-2. They will play WT tomorrow at noon, while St. Mary's will play Cameron later in the afternoon.

Meanwhile Tyler defeated St. Edwards 7-4. OCU hammered LCU 9-1. So Tyler will get a rematch with OCU tomorrow.
                        Also, there is a sale at JC Penny’s.

Comment

WT got by Colorado Christian today 5-4. Evidently Coach Mook wants to start Emilee Boyer every game, then have Kyra Lair come in in relief. The problem with Lair in relief is she throws a lot of strikes, which good hitters can hit over the fence. That only happened once in this game, out of 12 pitches.

Boyer helped her own cause with a 2 run homer. The teams will play again tomorrow. If WT wins they win the regional. If they don't they have to play CC again to see who wins the regional. CC is a very good team, the Lady Buffs need to take them very seriously.

Tyler defeated OCU 2-0. Currently OCU is leading LCU for the right to lose to Tyler tomorrow.

Comment

Isn't part of the hosting process to have the school place a "Bid" to host?
                            Maybe Wt had the higher bid or CC did not bid. I have no clue.
                            It was announced today that CC did not bid. So that is how WT got to host.

Comment

It was announced today that CC did not bid. So that is how WT got to host.
                              I talked to some of the CC's parents. CC did not bid on the tournament because the field doesn't meet NCAA requirements to host.
                              The field doesn't have lights.
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I talked to some of the CC's parents. CC did not bid on the tournament because the field doesn't meet NCAA requirements to host.
                                The field doesn't have lights.
                                That is sad, UCO baseball dealt with that a few years ago with the baseball stadium. Pretty crappy when a college can’t put lights on a ball field.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X