Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I talked to some of the CC's parents. CC did not bid on the tournament because the field doesn't meet NCAA requirements to host.
    The field doesn't have lights.
    I thought it had to be something like that. Every school would prefer to host.

I really don't like the NCAA regulations about the host team NOT always being the HOME team, like yesterday when WT played CC.

Comment

It's been raining all day. Steady. The game is now scheduled for 6pm. I bet it's a rainout. Tomorrow may not be much better.

Comment

WT run rules CC 10-0. Now on to Tyler.

I won’t get to watch because I’m traveling again. Can WT beat Tyler? Theoretically.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          WT run rules CC 10-0. Now on to Tyler.

I won’t get to watch it because I’m traveling again. Can WT beat Tyler? Theoretically.
          This will be an outstanding series. As usual, the team that gets the best pitching will win.
          I am optimistic. Heidi had a strong outing against CCU. Kyra looks to be in top form. Boyer needs to get out of the first inning without giving up a run.
          We have had excellent defense and timely hitting. It should be fun.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

This will be an outstanding series. As usual, the team that gets the best pitching will win.
            I am optimistic. Heidi had a strong outing against CCU. Kyra looks to be in top form. Boyer needs to get out of the first inning without giving up a run.
            We have had excellent defense and timely hitting. It should be fun.
            We need Boyer to hit better and leave the circle to the more experienced pitchers. Lair and Wilson alternated in the playoffs 2 years ago, resulting in a Natty. Heidi is a great pitcher and she can help too.

Tyler will have their 35-0 pitcher all warmed up for WT.

Thanks to bad weather and gross incompetence by United, I spent 11 hours at the Houston airport, 2 in a plane, but we never took off. So I will be home for the Tyler games.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

We need Boyer to hit better and leave the circle to the more experienced pitchers. Lair and Wilson alternated in the playoffs 2 years ago, resulting in a Natty. Heidi is a great pitcher and she can help too.

Tyler will have their 35-0 pitcher all warmed up for WT.

Thanks to bad weather and gross incompetence by United, I spent 11 hours at the Houston airport, 2 in a plane, but we never took off. So I will be home for the Tyler games.
              While I agree with you in principle about Boyer, it's too late in the year to change things up.
              Boyer is a pure power hitter with a batting average of .310 and an ops of 1.030. She is also second on the team with 15 home runs.
              In the circle, she has an ERA of 2.29 and a batting average against of .207 All solid numbers.
              My seats are next to the girls charting pitches with the radar gun. In Boyers last start she was 69-71 MPH
              If you do the math that's about a 100 MPH fastball in MLB terms. The command is the issue.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

While I agree with you in principle about Boyer, it's too late in the year to change things up.
                Boyer is a pure power hitter with a batting average of .310 and an ops of 1.030. She is also second on the team with 15 home runs.
                In the circle, she has an ERA of 2.29 and a batting average against of .207 All solid numbers.
                My seats are next to the girls charting pitches with the radar gun. In Boyers last start she was 69-71 MPH
                If you do the math that's about a 100 MPH fastball in MLB terms. The command is the issue.
                I'm a fan of hers, but I think we have better pitchers to use in the playoffs. Her batting has gone downhill toward the end of the season, most likely from fatigue. Did she deserve freshman of the year? Yes! Will she better next year? Probably.

If she is the starting pitcher against Tyler, I think WT will be run ruled. Maybe we will be anyway. It's going to take flawless play to beat them.

Comment

I looked over WT's schedule for the year. They went 0-3 against Tyler early in the season, 2-2 against OCU and 2-1 against St. Edwards. In the latter game, Emilee Wilson gave up ZERO hits but 1 unearned run to lose her only game of the year 1-0.

WT had 50 wins against 6 losses.

Tyler lost the Angelo series 1-2, and single games to UCO and Nova Southeastern (FL) for their 4 losses against 57 wins.

The Lady Buffs have their work cut out for them. Coach Mook has likely been up late this week.

Comment

WT played valiantly, but lost 6-5 to UT Tyler. They scored 5 runs against Tyler's pitcher Goff, who is now 38-0,

Emilee Boyer gave up 5 runs in the second inning. Her 2 innings of work included 5 hits 7 walks and 2 wild pitches. Offensively she reached base after being hit by a pitch.

Heidi Vortherms gave up 1 run (a homer) in her 4 innings of work.

At least the Lady Buffs weren't run ruled.

Comment

• Are you THREE enjoying this thread?? 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Are you THREE enjoying this thread?? 🤣🤣🤣
                        Two more here enjoying than anyone I see talking about Angelo Baseball. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Two more here enjoying than anyone I see talking about Angelo Baseball. ;)
                          Maybe there is a thread on Angelo baseball within the proper forum...

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Are you THREE enjoying this thread?? 🤣🤣🤣
                            Yes. You must be as well, since you troll here all the time! ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Maybe there is a thread on Angelo baseball within the proper forum...
                              LOL. You posted this here literally 7 minutes after opening a thread on the general discussion board and then acting like there is a crowd of people lining up to talk baseball.

There is literally only 1 baseball discussion post the whole year on that discussion board.

Nice attempt trying to make a point and putting me in my place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ASU baseball.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	755322

Comment

• Just saw that former TWU and TAMC HC Richie Bruister resigned at SFA after just 1 year. SFA was 30-24. Does anyone have insight on this?
                                NACOGDOCHES, Texas- Richie Bruister has resigned as head coach of the Stephen F. Austin softball program. A national search for a new head coach will b...
                                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X