Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man this escalated quickly:

I will address all the posts at once for the weekend and then most likely disappear for the next couple of weeks while my daughter has and recovers from surgery.

1) I agree with the post that very few peeps care about anything other than football hence the posts here instead of the other sports forum. Other peeps are posting about other sports on their football forums as well. Also agree that probably 20 posters tops post in each regional forum. Some I have seen less than 5.
    2) I tease about west coast peeps the same way some GNAC posters tease about Texas. As much crap as Texas gets peeps still want to flock here and flee the cess pools they are currently at. Montana, Arizona, and Florida are in those boats.
    3) Again Like ASUPops I like to banter and ruffle feathers. I rarely get offended so keep going. I like it.
    4) CWU/WO needs the lone star way more than vice versa. Lone Star can pull teams from D3/NAIA/nearby D2 conferences for replacements even though they may overall not be better. RMAC, NSIC, MIAA, etc. will not come calling when the LSC drops them. Both will be a fact. Hello NAIA or D1 and good luck.
    5) Good luck to UT-Tyler and Angelo State in the national championship rounds.
    6) Have a great week and holiday weekend next week and will most likely see you guys again in June and will banter then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      Man this escalated quickly:

I will address all the posts at once for the weekend and then most likely disappear for the next couple of weeks while my daughter has and recovers from surgery.

1) I agree with the post that very few peeps care about anything other than football hence the posts here instead of the other sports forum. Other peeps are posting about other sports on their football forums as well. Also agree that probably 20 posters tops post in each regional forum. Some I have seen less than 5.
      2) I tease about west coast peeps the same way some GNAC posters tease about Texas. As much crap as Texas gets peeps still want to flock here and flee the cess pools they are currently at. Montana, Arizona, and Florida are in those boats.
      3) Again Like ASUPops I like to banter and ruffle feathers. I rarely get offended so keep going. I like it.
      4) CWU/WO needs the lone star way more than vice versa. Lone Star can pull teams from D3/NAIA/nearby D2 conferences for replacements even though they may overall not be better. RMAC, NSIC, MIAA, etc. will not come calling when the LSC drops them. Both will be a fact. Hello NAIA or D1 and good luck.
      5) Good luck to UT-Tyler and Angelo State in the national championship rounds.
      6) Have a great week and holiday weekend next week and will most likely see you guys again in June and will banter then.
      Good post! I agree.

Hey brother....💙&🙏 for your daughter!!! PLEASE pop in or DM me and let us know how everything went.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Good post! I agree.

Hey brother....💙&🙏 for your daughter!!! PLEASE pop in or DM me and let us know how everything went.
        Thank you and will do sir. Should be a straight forward procedure but is a major surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Thank you and will do sir. Should be a straight forward procedure but is a major surgery.
          Again, offering up 🙏 🙏

Comment

• The D2 Championship games start today. Tyler is up at 10am this morning. https://www.ncaa.com/game/6148992

Though WT didn't make it, one of their former players did. Amelya Huggins, who plays for Central OK will be there. She played 1 year under previous coach Candace Abrams. They didn't hit it off so she transferred. It was our loss. She's a great player and an even better person.

Comment

• UT Tyler opens SB WCS with a 5-1 win.
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                UT Tyler opens SB WCS with a 5-1 win.
                Central Oklahoma won by the same 5-1 score over Nova SE. Both of those teams defeated Tyler during the regular season.

Mel Huggins was 3 for 3 at the plate!

More scores:

https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/softball/d2

Comment

• Grand Valley wins a nine inning pitching duel, 2-1.

UT-Tyler will face the winner of Cal-State San Marcos and Wilmington in an elimination game.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                    Grand Valley wins a nine inning pitching duel, 2-1.

UT-Tyler will face the winner of Cal-State San Marcos and Wilmington in an elimination game.
                    That GV game was intense. A 7th inning solo shot to go to extra and GV threatened every inning on until breaking through in the 9th. I suspect they'll meet again Sunday.

Comment

• North Georgia took down Central Oklahoma 6-3. There were a lot of mistakes by both sides in this one. A wild pitch cost Central 2 runs. North Georgia has now won 60 games.

Comment

• East Stroudsburg defeated Nova SE 2-1. I just watched the last few outs. East Stroudsburg will play UT Tyler later today in an elimination game.

One of those outs was a catch by an outfielder. When the camera zoomed in on her, she flipped off one of her team mates. I'm sure she will never live it down.

UCO will be playing around 3pm.

Comment

• UT Tyler and UCO, the top 2 seeds, recovered from losses and won their games today easily. North Georgia has a lot of experience this time of year though, and they look like the best team so far.

Tomorrow UCO plays Grand Valley at 10 while UT Tyler plays North Georgia around 12:30.

Comment

• Grand Valley trailed 2-0 most of the game, but scored 3 runs late to eliminate #2 seed Central Oklahoma, 3-2. The game ended on a controversial play, with a good throw to the catcher, who tagged the runner out. However the refs called interference on the catcher Amelya Huggins, which resulted in the run being scored. I disagree with the call, I thought Amelya made a great catch and tag, but I admit to being partial since we are friends. It's the last play of her softball career.

Congratulations to Grand Valley, an exceptional team, that will be in the finals against either Tyler or North Georgia.

Comment

• Tyler defeats North Georgia, 3-1. The teams are playing again to decide who will face Grand Valley.

Comment

• North Georgia scored a couple of runs in the first few innings before being shutdown by Tatum Goff in relief. UT Tyler started off great with the bases loaded in the first inning and 2 runners on in the second, but couldn't score.

North Georgia pitcher Kristen Davis only gave up 4 hits in an outstanding performance. 2-0 was the final score.

The finals begin on Tuesday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X