Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Wendler's "Success"

Looks like old Walt is getting the job done. Potential recruits are heeding his advice and going elsewhere. The Spring enrollment is 8,459 (6,271 undergraduate students and 2,188 graduate students). We were over 10K not so long ago.

Wendler is the Joe Biden of college presidents.

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2023/02/w...-semester.html

I recently spoke to a Finance professor at WT and inquired a bit about the decrease in enrollment. According to him it is mostly due to a very large decrease in online student population. Prior to COVID, WT was one of fewer options to offer fully online degree programs. During and post COVID, a lot of the larger, more well known schools started offering these options to adapt their business models. We will see how WT adapts.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
      Looks like old Walt is getting the job done. Potential recruits are heeding his advice and going elsewhere. The Spring enrollment is 8,459 (6,271 undergraduate students and 2,188 graduate students). We were over 10K not so long ago.

Wendler is the Joe Biden of college presidents.

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2023/02/w...-semester.html
      That is NOT good.

In comparison, Angelo is one of the fastest growing schools in Texas. They are well over 10k total.

SHSU is the fastest growing..

Something is NOT right. Time for new leadership. And the ONLY way to do that is the withdrawal of funds by big donors. Money ALWAYS talks in the big business, American university "industry".
      Last edited by ASUPops; 02-05-2023, 07:56 PM.

Comment

All of the area junior colleges should be sending Wendler a kickback, since he’s out there selling them while throwing shade on his employer.

I thought I had seen everything.

Comment

Yep I know a couple of kids who wanted to try out for WT but signed with Amarillo and Clarendon College with the intent of going elsewhere after a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
            Yep I know a couple of kids who wanted to try out for WT but signed with Amarillo and Clarendon College with the intent of going elsewhere after a couple of years.
            Sounds like 2 Wendler success stories.

Comment

Key words: "try out".

While some schools do hold a "try out" day.....most are invited "walk-ons".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Key words: "try out".

While some schools do hold a "try out" day.....most are invited "walk-ons".
                One had a full academic scholarship ride and had a great chance of making a team and earning a scholarship.

They wanted to stay close to home at WT but were turned off by the current attitude and culture there that they are going to look at other LSC and GAC schools after 1-2 years at JC.

Comment

One had a full academic scholarship ride and had a great chance of making a team and earning a scholarship.

They wanted to stay close to home at WT but were turned off by the current attitude and culture there that they are going to look at other LSC and GAC schools after 1-2 years at JC.
                  Wow! That's not good for WTAMU.

Comment

Wendler does a 180 on enrollment. I wonder who lit the fire under his a$$?

https://www.wtamu.edu/news/2023/02/w...-students.html

Comment

I absolutely uncontrolled laughed for 5 minutes when I saw that link on Facebook.

You tell incoming freshman to go to a junior college but then tell them WT will beat any offer you get from anywhere else in 2 years?

That guy would fail even as a used car salesman.

Comment

Is WT offering to match financial aid/scholarship offers? or total cost?

If scholarship offers, students should apply to private universities who typically offer higher scholarships, while still having higher out of pocket costs.
                        Or if total cost, then apply to Junior Colleges where tuition rates are lower.
                        Apply at numerous institutions even if you have 0% interest in attending.

Do Junior Colleges count? I did not see any reference to them.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Is WT offering to match financial aid/scholarship offers? or total cost?

If scholarship offers, students should apply to private universities who typically offer higher scholarships, while still having higher out of pocket costs.
                          Or if total cost, then apply to Junior Colleges where tuition rates are lower.
                          Apply at numerous institutions even if you have 0% interest in attending.

Do Junior Colleges count? I did not see any reference to them.
                          I think it's total cost. The point though is this is the same guy that has been telling recruits to go to a JC first to save money.

B/I's used car salesman reference is dead on.

Comment

I think it's total cost. The point though is this is the same guy that has been telling recruits to go to a JC first to save money.

B/I's used car salesman reference is dead on.
                            Wow if that's the case, I'd be applying at the cheapest JCs and public universities and find a the best deal.
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Wendler isn't going to "do" anything more to match an offer than he did a month ago. This is just a knee-jerk reaction to falling enrollment due to poor leadership. It's just advertising. There are those that make things happen, and those that wait for things to happen. WT has been plagued by presidents that are guided by the latter since its inception, with an odd outlier here and there along the way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X