Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    Wendler isn't going to "do" anything more to match an offer than he did a month ago. This is just a knee-jerk reaction to falling enrollment due to poor leadership. It's just advertising. There are those that make things happen, and those that wait for things to happen. WT has been plagued by presidents that are guided by the latter since its inception, with an odd outlier here and there along the way.
    I put the Pat O'Brian regime in the pro-active category.

Comment

Wendler does not support WT athletics either. He comes to some FB games primarily because I think he feels like he needs to seen there. Otherwise, I have never seen him at a baseball or softball game and he lives just across the street from the fields. He also doesn’t attend basketball games. He attended one VB match this past season and that was the LSC championship. And the Lady Buffs win the National Championship. I doubt he ever attends track or soccer either. Really sad! Time for him to hang ‘em up.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I put the Pat O'Brian regime in the pro-active category.
        Yeah I’m not sure if it’s true, but someone told me that before O’Brien there hadn’t been a new dorm built on campus in like 40 years. That’s classic WT. 60 years ago, Texas Tech and WT were peers. One school had leadership; the other one didn’t. That continues.

The mindset of WT is “be good at being second class.” The AD doesn’t think like that. I don’t know how they keep him around.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
          Wendler does not support WT athletics either. He comes to some FB games primarily because I think he feels like he needs to seen there. Otherwise, I have never seen him at a baseball or softball game and he lives just across the street from the fields. He also doesn’t attend basketball games. He attended one VB match this past season and that was the LSC championship. And the Lady Buffs win the National Championship. I doubt he ever attends track or soccer either. Really sad! Time for him to hang ‘em up.
          O'Brien and wife were fixtures at football, softball, basketball, and volleyball. I miss seeing them at games. It was a comfort to know they cared about athletics and the players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X