Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Oof! With all the schedules opening up they choose Texas College?

Taking a page out of the WTAMU playbook for scheduling cream puffs.
    FIXED IT for ya!

Reference:
    https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Was 2021 all that long ago? Bookend the schedule with Texas College in week one and close with Bethel.

Heck of a nice try at an "I gotcha".

In 2021 there were only 7 conference games and had to find 4 non-conference games so that was more understandable even though WT fans hated it.

Last year only 2 dates needed to be filled and Kingsville decided to go full creampuff.

This year there should be more non conference opportunities with the MIAA (Losing Lincoln) and NSIC (Losing Upper Iowa).

ASUPops to your comment as well.

Comment

In 2021 there were only 7 conference games and had to find 4 non-conference games so that was more understandable even though WT fans hated it.

Last year only 2 dates needed to be filled and Kingsville decided to go full creampuff.

This year there should be more non conference opportunities with the MIAA (Losing Lincoln) and NSIC (Losing Upper Iowa).

What was the point of Bethel? Last game of year, so it was not to get live-playing time to get ready for LSC.

FWIW, I hated our non-conference schedule last year. This year's will be better
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

What was the point of Bethel? Last game of year, so it was not to get live-playing time to get ready for LSC.

FWIW, I hated our non-conference schedule last year. This year's will be better
          Maybe WT expected to go 11-0 and needed the bye/scrimmage week in case that was only good enough for a 2 seed. ;)

Comment

Fun fact... that loss to WT kept Bethel out of the NAIA playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              Fun fact... that loss to WT kept Bethel out of the NAIA playoffs.
              Thats interesting. So losses against higher division teams are factored in there?

Comment

Thats interesting. So losses against higher division teams are factored in there?
                Yes, and it makes absolutely no sense. Last fall, despite being undefeated against NAIA, Keiser was punished with a low seed for losses to Valdosta State, Mississippi College, and Lindenwood... they made the title game anyway. (The second-place team in their conference was undefeated against NAIA other than their loss to Keiser, and had a win over a conference champion, but didn't come close to getting in.)

Comment

Yes, and it makes absolutely no sense. Last fall, despite being undefeated against NAIA, Keiser was punished with a low seed for losses to Valdosta State, Mississippi College, and Lindenwood... they made the title game anyway. (The second-place team in their conference was undefeated against NAIA other than their loss to Keiser, and had a win over a conference champion, but didn't come close to getting in.)
                  This isn't the case for DII, is it? When a DII loses to an FCS school, I thought that it was as if they hadn't played.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This isn't the case for DII, is it? When a DII loses to an FCS school, I thought that it was as if they hadn't played.
                    Correct... even if they beat the FCS school.

Comment

Correct... even if they beat the FCS school.
                      CWU lost to eventual NC runner up Montana on a last second FG. That was the only CWU loss on the regular season and a lot of CWU supporters were sure that was what screwed us in not getting a home playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Need to be release around spring ball so people like me can call their buddies and have them circle a game or two on their calendars to meet me at the game. I'm in my mid-40s with two high schoolers and a wife, there's always something getting in the way of watching football.
                        What games are you circling?

Comment

I'm just looking at the FACTS......no opinions, explanations, excuses, or sidebars. JUST the FACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I'm just looking at the FACTS......no opinions, explanations, excuses, or sidebars. JUST the FACTS.
                            I admit WT's non-conference schedule was less than ideal.

For 2021 given WT's history I suspect the issue was trying to fill out an 11 game schedule and there wasn't enough D2 teams out there to make that happen.

There were multiple teams in the LSC that year that had a turd like that on the schedule and/or just played 10 games.

If Kingsville shows up with the same quality of turds on the schedule this year given more opportunities then they are not trying to challenge themselves and it exposed them by the time they got to the Angelo State game and beyond.

Comment

Oof! With all the schedules opening up they choose Texas College?

Taking a page out of the Texas Tech/Kingsville playbook for scheduling cream puffs.
                              Not a huge fan of UTPB scheduling a easy opponent or cream puff as you call it, but not dumb. The new coach wants to win his first game. But UTPB has to travel to Western Colorado and Simon Frasier in week 2 and 3. Western Co is a tough match up and the 2 road trips in a row are brutal on kids bodies.

Comment

I admit WT's non-conference schedule was less than ideal.

For 2021 given WT's history I suspect the issue was trying to fill out an 11 game schedule and there wasn't enough D2 teams out there to make that happen.

There were multiple teams in the LSC that year that had a turd like that on the schedule and/or just played 10 games.

If Kingsville shows up with the same quality of turds on the schedule this year given more opportunities then they are not trying to challenge themselves and it exposed them by the time they got to the Angelo State game and beyond.
                                ABSOLUTELY 100% AGREE!!!!!!

Now, I understand the point you were making!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X