Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post

Not a huge fan of UTPB scheduling a easy opponent or cream puff as you call it, but not dumb. The new coach wants to win his first game. But UTPB has to travel to Western Colorado and Simon Frasier in week 2 and 3. Western Co is a tough match up and the 2 road trips in a row are brutal on kids bodies.
    Pretty sure the athletic directors schedules the games and they could always schedule a cream puff lower tier RMAC team if they want to get the fan base fired up.

I completely agree those are brutal back to back road trips.

The former GNAC teams are fun and interesting matchups but will be glad to see closer matchups as more Texas based schools join the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Pretty sure the athletic directors schedules the games and they could always schedule a cream puff lower tier RMAC team if they want to get the fan base fired up.

The former GNAC teams are fun and interesting matchups but will be glad to see closer matchups as more Texas based schools join the LSC.

Is that where Adams State fits in?
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

LSC teams on average play 1.5 conference games/yr in the PNW vs GNAC teams while GNAC teams play an average of 3.5 games/yr at LSC schools. Happy to have a variety of teams to play but with only four DII schools with FB on the entire west coast of the US and Canada it makes for a tough road schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Is that where Adams State fits in?
          Yes sir. Not the powerhouse that Sul Ross is but WT will get there with baby steps and one day hope to avenge the Kingsville loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

LSC teams on average play 1.5 conference games/yr in the PNW vs GNAC teams while GNAC teams play an average of 3.5 games/yr at LSC schools. Happy to have a variety of teams to play but with only four DII schools with FB on the entire west coast of the US and Canada it makes for a tough road schedule.
            Yeah I feel for those GNAC schools. They had a good conference out there when Azusa, Humboldt, and Western Washington all had football.

Comment

Western Oregon set to play South Dakota State week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                Western Oregon set to play South Dakota State week 1.
                :) was hoping to see some news. Still patiently waiting. cwfenn, any info on when LSC will announce conference schedule?

Comment

:) was hoping to see some news. Still patiently waiting. cwfenn, any info on when LSC will announce conference schedule?
                  If they’re like last year, really should be any day now. Last year they announced conference schedule on 2/23.

Comment

WOU schedule
                    https://wouwolves.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

Comment

WOU goes from playing the reigning FCS national champions to playing a school that isn't even in the NAIA, let alone the NCAA in consecutive weeks. I know it's a beating for the West Coast teams to find out-of-conference games, but Lincoln-California?
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

WOU goes from playing the reigning FCS national champions to playing a school that isn't even in the NAIA, let alone the NCAA in consecutive weeks. I know it's a beating for the West Coast teams to find out-of-conference games, but Lincoln-California?
                        Lincoln is independent DII and is a guaranteed home game unless/until they get a home field. Heck Portland State played them last year.

Comment

Lincoln is independent DII and is a guaranteed home game unless/until they get a home field. Heck Portland State played them last year.
                          Lincoln sometimes claims to be D2, but they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Yeah they don't have much of a choice out there unless they are able to score non-conference games with the westernmost RMAC teams.

Its the Texas D2 schools that drive me crazy with that non sense scheduling D3/NAIA Texas schools when there are tons of opportunities closer by.

Comment

In the last year I have seen Lincoln also claim to be “transitioning to FCS” as well.

Comment

Lincoln is not listed on the NCAA website as a member instituion.
                                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X