Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
    Looks like we’ll be putting some miles on the RV this fall. Good thing is we’ll be able to see the grandkids in Colorado Springs plenty. :)

Comment

WT has scheduled a home and home with Colorado Mines for 2024 and 2025. WT will play the 2024 game in Colorado and host the 2025 game.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

If they’re like last year, really should be any day now. Last year they announced conference schedule on 2/23.
        I just noticed that Kingsville released it's 2023 schedule.

The season will open with a trip to Grand Junction, Colorado to play Colorado Mesa on September 2. The September 9 opponent has yet to be determined but it will be a home game.

Kingsville's homecoming game should be interesting (hopefully). Homecoming will be October 14 against Angelo State. I guess they are hoping to get a bit of a boost against Angelo State by having it be the game with what will likely be the highest attendance of the season. Anyways, should be interesting. I might have to get down to Kingsville for that game.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

The season will open with a trip to Grand Junction, Colorado to play Colorado Mesa on September 2. The September 9 opponent has yet to be determined but it will be a home game.

Kingsville's homecoming game should be interesting (hopefully). Homecoming will be October 14 against Angelo State. I guess they are hoping to get a bit of a boost against Angelo State by having it be the game with what will likely be the highest attendance of the season. Anyways, should be interesting. I might have to get down to Kingsville for that game.
          Kudos to Kingsville for increasing the skill level of their non conference schedule.

Maybe they can get a lower tier RMAC or MIAA (Northeastern State?) school to fill that 9/9 date.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

I was previously told who opponent #2 would be. Maybe it has changed, maybe they are trying for a different option, or maybe they just aren't ready to release it.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

ASU opens at W Alabama. Never heard of them but they are tigers so they just might bite the Rams in the butt.

The other OOC game is Colorado Mines in San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                ASU opens at W Alabama. Never heard of them but they are tigers so they just might bite the Rams in the butt.

UWA was really good about 5 years ago, but have dropped a bit. However, 4 of last year's 6 losses were to teams ranked #12 or higher, so they might be better than your typical 5-6 team.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

That's a really good non conference schedule with Mines and West Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

I was previously told who opponent #2 would be. Maybe it has changed, maybe they are trying for a different option, or maybe they just aren't ready to release it.
                    Hopefully they are better than North American.

Comment

UWA was really good about 5 years ago, but have dropped a bit. However, 4 of last year's 6 losses were to teams ranked #12 or higher, so they might be better than your typical 5-6 team.
                      That was my thinking also. ASU had major losses through the transfer portal. Not sure what next year will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Hopefully they are better than North American.
                        I'm sure they could beat Simon Fraser.

Comment

I'm sure they could beat Simon Fraser.
                          Remember 10 years ago when it took Kingsville 3 overtimes just to beat a non sanctioned football team from Monterrey, Mexico at Jerry World?

Kingsville supporters were calling for football to be dropped after that game.

As bad as Simon Fraser is at least they have NCAA scholarship players that almost beat UTPB in Odessa last year.

Post pics of that 3rd place LSC and Heritage bowl participation banners hanging at Javelina Stadium.

Comment

Remember 10 years ago when it took Kingsville 3 overtimes just to beat a non sanctioned football team from Monterrey, Mexico at Jerry World?

As bad as Simon Fraser is at least they have NCAA scholarship players that almost beat UTPB in Odessa last year.

Post pics of that 3rd place LSC and Heritage bowl participation banners hanging at Javelina Stadium.

Yes I remember, and it was unpleasant. But I did not take shots at other programs/teams that beat us. That would have just made us look worse.

and I doubt we'll take down the 7 national championship banners and replace them with the participation banners.

Bottom line neither team has won an LSC title in 10 years and while both teams should feel good about the future, neither has much recent history to brag about.

Comment

West Alabama is a Gulf South Conference team. They're a good OOC opponent for Angelo. UWA normally has a tough defense and they are usually pretty physical as a team.
                              That said, as much as I love the GSC, I do expect Angelo to win that game.
                              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Remind me again where West Texas ended up finishing in the LSC last season?

Oh, crap, that's right, they finished #8! And couldn't even beat Kingsville in Canyon. 😁

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X