Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    Well, since this is a topic, I figure I'll ask....

How is Angelo State's MBA programs? Anyone been through ASU's online program?

I'm thinking about transferring my MBA credits since I'll be stationed in San Angelo. I'm also considering Pitt State's online MBA program. I've been accepted to both.
    Got my ASU MBA when the internet was still a twinkle in AlGore's eye. Not sure how this online education stuff works

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
      After the Lady Buffs’ performance last night versus LCU, it’s doubtful if they hold onto it. Probably just lucky to be ranked that high. It might get ugly at LCU Saturday if they don’t play better. Disappointing season to the day the least.

The Buffs, on the other hand, are a different story. Probably playing their best BB to date. If they continue to play well, they should win the LSC and make the regional.
      It's been an odd year for Lady Buff basketball.

Hot out of the gate, beating Missouri Southern and Nebraska-Kearney. WT looked primed for a long deep season run. Then kinda just floating along winning at home losing some on the road. A season-ending injury to dynamic 6'0 playmaker Braylon Dollar before Christmas. PG senior Zam Roberts leaves the team before the 2nd semester to follow her husband to his new job in Oklahoma (what a selfish prick.....I hear he said go with me or it's over.....6 weeks left in her career......I'd have given him a tube of KY jelly and said see you in 6 weeks darlin')......Zam's loss felt immediately. Then leading scorer and rebounder guard Carly Motsenbacher sustains a foot fracture and misses several games. 2 freshmen guards with great potential finding lot's of minutes but often playing like freshmen. After losing later today at LCU, the only way WT Ladies make the regional is by winning the tournament at Frisco.

It's been an odd year for Lady Buff basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
        Got my ASU MBA when the internet was still a twinkle in AlGore's eye. Not sure how this online education stuff works
        Online education is great. However, It really depends on the school. As long as the school is regionally accredited, non-profit, and has a physical campus, there won't be any issues. For individuals that are full-time employees, online education is a game changer. This is especially true for military personal; since we change stations every 2-4 years. That's the primary reason I'm considering ASU, I'll be stationed there and there may be opportunities to attend a class or two in-person.

This will be my second master's. I earned my first one from Penn State World Campus (Penn State's online school).

All that said, I'm glad I got to experience college in-person at Delta State. As great as online education is, I do feel bad for my coworkers that didn't get to experience college in-person. All they know is online school.

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

The Lady Buffs winning the tournament at Frisco is not going to happen. Besides not being good enough, they were a lousy road team all season. Josh had better recruit well. He needs post players and another Karley. The girl from Idalou may be good but she’s not enough by herself. Otherwise, I’m not optimistic about next season. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Ahhhhh. That explains why we dont have a Women's Texas Baskie Ball thread!!! If they aren't in 1st, we aren't hearing about it.

GOT IT!
            Well I don't think WT fans are going to be too sad about it in the big picture.

They won their one national championship a year in volleyball so basketball will get a pass.

Funny how that doesnt work for football. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

RC, I kinda got roped into Tennis when my Softball daughter seen both men and women playing Tennis on television at the ripe old age of 7. She surmised that since boys didn’t play Softball it really couldn’t be REAL Sport. Knowing nothing about the sport she went to a local club and after getting killed in her first tournament one of the other players parents said there was this old guy that worked really well building a base for kids to be competitive. So, she went to him for her formative years and learned all the techniques and shots. The absolute best at what he did but he was very inappropriate with the things he did and said. But, she was clueless and the older kids were profanity laced brats so in the grand scheme of things it just really didn’t matter much.

He developed her base where she could go to training centers. From her 8th grade year on she was a top twenty in Texas. I tell you this because a lot of top tennis players use their ability to get into colleges they otherwise wouldn’t even be considered. The young ladies she competed with ended up at MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Wesleyan Connecticut Vanderbilt and many others. Stanford and Cal Berkeley as well

She got offers from all over. She turned down Navy which was gut wrenching for me. She also was told by the coach at Carnegie Melon he would make sure she was accepted. She had no interest and getting accepted there like 17% I believe. So, while it’s not football these young women used it to the benefit themselves. There is no way 8 out of ten of these players could have gotten into these schools.

As for her part, she got her Accounting Degree paid for by playing tennis.

Off season is tough especially when you don’t have any interest in basketball or baseball. Loved to play them in my youth but have no interest in watching.
              Thank you for posting your story.

I personally got into tennis because me and a friend of mine had tennis rackets at both of our houses and our Mom's with step Dad's worked over 10 hours a day and both of our step dad's didn't have much to do with us.

Also during that time the Becker-Edberg rivalry was on going and Andre Agassi was about to make his debut.

I was self taught and no one in Amarillo would give me the time of day for serious tennis lessons.

I spent a summer at my Dad's in Corpus and the tennis instructor there worked with me and I became tons better.

When I got back for the fall I started whipping everyone's a$$ including the kids of the tennis instructors.

Unfortunately for me I didn't take my grades serious and didn't play college tennis.

I did get the opportunity to coach USTA tournament players and high school tennis.

It's sad for me that like soccer that USA tennis has slowly gone down the toilet.

Comment

Wow! Lady Buffs beat LCU and on the road too. I have to eat my words. Hope it portends a good LSC tourney. Go Buffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well I don't think WT fans are going to be too sad about it in the big picture.

They won their one national championship a year in volleyball so basketball will get a pass.

Funny how that doesnt work for football. ;)
                  Right?

BUT.....on this football messageboard the FEW non-WT alum have to suffer through HOMER threads on "speed knitting" or whatever else WTAMU happens to currently be excelling at.

Two things in life I am not fond of....hypocrites and bandwagon fans. I guess they are really one in the same.

Support a team/sport whether they are NCs or in dead last place. Discuss them, brag about them, hiner them up, fully support them 100% REGARDLESS.

That is EXACTLY how I am with my alma mater and my pro teams. It's ALL IN, ALL THE TIME. PERIOD.

I mean maybe I could understand IF WT football was some mighty program with national exposure (natty(s)), and dropped to where they are. Then, MAYBE, I could understand alums behavior. BUT they were never that program. So, some whining alums just sound like elitist, crybaby ,sore losers if they don't have a championship football team. Then during the middle (or wleven earlier) in the season, they start posting about every other sport....IF that sport is doing well.

THIS is why so many non-WT posters make cracks about WT, stopped posting, or left the D2 LSC messageboard. Or at least that's what I was told.

Comment

Speaking of basketball... how many support the LSC playing their regional tournaments in Frisco, nothing against the town, but I think they should play at our schools, I do not know what Frisco or if, they off- set some of the costs or not. But in watching on the WEB, I do not think attendance is that great, only mommies & daddies plus several lost souls who wander in off the streets. Hey LSC, you cannot be the ACC by playing in Big D

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                      Speaking of basketball... how many support the LSC playing their regional tournaments in Frisco, nothing against the town, but I think they should play at our schools, I do not know what Frisco or if, they off- set some of the costs or not. But in watching on the WEB, I do not think attendance is that great, only mommies & daddies plus several lost souls who wander in off the streets. Hey LSC, you cannot be the ACC by playing in Big D
                      Attendance is not good because no one cares about DII basketball. Never have, never will.

As far as Frisco. It is a GREAT location, close to the LSC office in Richardson, has tons of restaurants, great accommodations, and lots to do. And since it must be a neutral location, again, Frisco is a great location.

And, talking about baskieball on this "Nothing But Crap" thread is a perfect fit!!!

Comment

Speaking about crap, anyone watching XFL football?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Attendance is not good because no one cares about DII basketball. Never have, never will.

As far as Frisco. It is a GREAT location, close to the LSC office in Richardson, has tons of restaurants, great accommodations, and lots to do. And since it must be a neutral location, again, Frisco is a great location.

And, talking about baskieball on this "Nothing But Crap" thread is a perfect fit!!!
                          Agreed.

Top 8 seeds to make the conference tournaments.

Every game at the highest seed every 3 days including the championship game.

Neutral sites outside the power 5 is the attendance of watching a junior high volleyball game.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                            I support having the games in one location. It is a question of logistics. I Remember a year when I couldn't go to the tournament because there were no rooms available.
                            When S.E. Oklahoma was part of the LSC there was no way to fly there. Using this year as an example, with WT hosting on the men's side how would you like to arrange rooms in Amarillo and then buses to Canyon for games?? All in a matter of three days. It's just easier for one location, known ahead of time.

As another example: What would you do if Western New Mexico won the Lone Star?? Ever been to Silver City??
                            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 02-26-2023, 10:57 PM.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Agreed.

Top 8 seeds to make the conference tournaments.

Every game at the highest seed every 3 days including the championship game.

Neutral sites outside the power 5 is the attendance of watching a junior high volleyball game.
                              IF that!

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I support having the games in one location. It is a question of logistics. I Remember a year when I couldn't go to the tournament because there were no rooms available.
                                When S.E. Oklahoma was part of the LSC there was no way to fly there. Using this year as an example, with WT hosting on the men's side how would you like to arrange rooms in Amarillo and then buses to Canyon for games?? All in a matter of three days. It's just easier for one location, known ahead of time.

As another example: What would you do if Western New Mexico won the Lone Star?? Ever been to Silver City??
                                Which is why I like the America East model in D1.

All games and all rounds at highest seed.

3 days later the semis at highest seed and 3 days later the championship game at highest remaining seed.

That ensures your best chance of higher attendance and that your best team in the conference gets the auto bid.

Neutral sites usually blow and if the host gets knocked out before the championship game then the arena becomes a ghost town except for players and parents.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X