Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Tyler trounced the Lady Buffs today at the LSC. UT Tyler has no seniors on the roster and only 2 juniors. Josh had better hit the recruiting trail hard. Otherwise next season might be difficult to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
      UT Tyler trounced the Lady Buffs today at the LSC. UT Tyler has no seniors on the roster and only 2 juniors. Josh had better hit the recruiting trail hard. Otherwise next season might be difficult to say the least.
      Ah shucks. What are they going to do with those special t shirts they had made. Guess they can use them to check their oil.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
        UT Tyler trounced the Lady Buffs today at the LSC. UT Tyler has no seniors on the roster and only 2 juniors. Josh had better hit the recruiting trail hard. Otherwise, next season might be difficult, to say the least.
        It's clear you have not been paying attention.
        The following two girls have been Red-Shirted.

Mattie Boyd
        6'0 – Forward
        Canadian, Texas (Canadian High School)

Boyd guided the Canadian Wildcats to the District 1-3A Championship last season. She was named the District's Most Valuable Player while also earning TGCA All-State honors and being named to the All-Press Pass Sports First Team under head coach Aaron Marks. She was also a State Qualifier in the Shot Put and Discus while excelling in the classroom as a member of the National Honor Society at CHS.
        Mattie is the daughter of Douglas and Jill Boyd and she has two siblings, Jazzie and Sadie. She is expected to major in Athletic Training/Kinesiology at West Texas A&M.

Coach Prock on Boyd:
        "Mattie is a young lady who plays with a high motor. She is a very versatile player who will give us great depth on our front line. She can step out and hit the three and is someone who can put it on the floor and get to the basket. Mattie is an athletic young lady who will be a very good rebounder in her career as well. She is a very good student in the classroom and is someone who will represent our team on and off the floor very well."

Bree Brattain
        5'8 – Guard
        Shallowater, Texas (Shallowater High School)

Brattain is a reigning TABC and TGCA All-State selection for the Mustangs under head coach Chuck Darden at Shallowater High School. She was named the Class 3A TGCA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player as a junior while claiming All-District and All-Region honors on the hardwood. Brattain also excels in the classroom as a member of the National Honor Society.

Bree is the daughter of Chris and Shea Brattain and she has one sibling, Jalen. She is expected to major in Biology at WT.

Coach Prock on Brattain:
        "Bree is very talented and can do a lot of different things offensively and is a very good defender. She can score from all levels on the court and has a very quick first step that makes her very hard to guard. Bree understands the game very well and does a lot of little things that help her team win games. She plays with tremendous energy and will bring that into our program which is always a huge plus. Bree is also a tremendous student and will make WT and the Canyon community very proud of how she represents our program."

You then add Logan Heard. Incoming freshman.

"We are thrilled to announce the signing of Logan Heard, she is an outstanding basketball player and young lady. Logan has a very versatile game, she can play on the perimeter and inside as well" said Prock "Logan is one of the better shooters I have seen on the high school level throughout my years of coaching."

Heard led Idalou High School to the District Championship during her junior campaign as they finished the season 31-7 overall with a run to the Texas Class 3A State Semifinals as Logan was named to the 3A All-State Tournament Team. The 5'10 forward was named the District 2-3A Offensive Most Valuable Player for the Wildcats under head coach Tyler Helms. She earned All-State honors from the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) as well as the Texas Girls Coaches Association (TGCA).

Logan is the daughter of Garrett and April Heard and she has two siblings, Jude and Bo. She is expected to major in Nursing at West Texas A&M
        Logan is Bree's Cousin. The rumor mill has it that she was LCU's #1 recruit. I watched Logan drop 22 points on Bushland in a playoff game.

Add to that mix Braylyn Dollar: A two-time LSC sixth Women of the year. Who may take an injury Red-Shirt.

The hard piece to replace will be LT - Lauren Taylor.
        Coach Prock will need to find another front-line player.

With ASU now having Ellis as the coach, Wt's second choice behind Prock, and TWU with UTT having much-improved teams the LSC will remain a very competitive conference. I wonder why last year was TWU's first time to make the NCAA regional tournament in school history.

Four of the five girls who started today will be back - don't count Wt out just yet.
        Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 03-02-2023, 10:39 PM.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

It's clear you have not been paying attention.
          The following two girls have been Red-Shirted.

Mattie Boyd
          6'0 – Forward
          Canadian, Texas (Canadian High School)

Boyd guided the Canadian Wildcats to the District 1-3A Championship last season. She was named the District's Most Valuable Player while also earning TGCA All-State honors and being named to the All-Press Pass Sports First Team under head coach Aaron Marks. She was also a State Qualifier in the Shot Put and Discus while excelling in the classroom as a member of the National Honor Society at CHS.
          Mattie is the daughter of Douglas and Jill Boyd and she has two siblings, Jazzie and Sadie. She is expected to major in Athletic Training/Kinesiology at West Texas A&M.

Coach Prock on Boyd:
          "Mattie is a young lady who plays with a high motor. She is a very versatile player who will give us great depth on our front line. She can step out and hit the three and is someone who can put it on the floor and get to the basket. Mattie is an athletic young lady who will be a very good rebounder in her career as well. She is a very good student in the classroom and is someone who will represent our team on and off the floor very well."

Bree Brattain
          5'8 – Guard
          Shallowater, Texas (Shallowater High School)

Brattain is a reigning TABC and TGCA All-State selection for the Mustangs under head coach Chuck Darden at Shallowater High School. She was named the Class 3A TGCA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player as a junior while claiming All-District and All-Region honors on the hardwood. Brattain also excels in the classroom as a member of the National Honor Society.

Bree is the daughter of Chris and Shea Brattain and she has one sibling, Jalen. She is expected to major in Biology at WT.

Coach Prock on Brattain:
          "Bree is very talented and can do a lot of different things offensively and is a very good defender. She can score from all levels on the court and has a very quick first step that makes her very hard to guard. Bree understands the game very well and does a lot of little things that help her team win games. She plays with tremendous energy and will bring that into our program which is always a huge plus. Bree is also a tremendous student and will make WT and the Canyon community very proud of how she represents our program."

You then add Logan Heard. Incoming freshman.

"We are thrilled to announce the signing of Logan Heard, she is an outstanding basketball player and young lady. Logan has a very versatile game, she can play on the perimeter and inside as well" said Prock "Logan is one of the better shooters I have seen on the high school level throughout my years of coaching."

Heard led Idalou High School to the District Championship during her junior campaign as they finished the season 31-7 overall with a run to the Texas Class 3A State Semifinals as Logan was named to the 3A All-State Tournament Team. The 5'10 forward was named the District 2-3A Offensive Most Valuable Player for the Wildcats under head coach Tyler Helms. She earned All-State honors from the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) as well as the Texas Girls Coaches Association (TGCA).

Logan is the daughter of Garrett and April Heard and she has two siblings, Jude and Bo. She is expected to major in Nursing at West Texas A&M
          Logan is Bree's Cousin. The rumor mill has it that she was LCU's #1 recruit. I watched Logan drop 22 points on Bushland in a playoff game.

Add to that mix Braylyn Dollar: A two-time LSC sixth Women of the year. Who may take an injury Red-Shirt.

The hard piece to replace will be LT - Lauren Taylor.
          Coach Prock will need to find another front-line player.

With ASU now having Ellis as the coach, Wt's second choice behind Prock, and TWU with UTT having much-improved teams the LSC will remain a very competitive conference. I wonder why last year was TWU's first time to make the NCAA regional tournament in school history.

Four of the five girls who started today will be back - don't count Wt out just yet.
          Nice to see the CRAP flowing!! Are you the "Jerry Jones" of Women's Texas A&M. University??

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Nice to see the CRAP flowing!! Are you the "Jerry Jones" of Women's Texas A&M. University??
            How about you watch the interview with Josh Lynn and comment on an area in which you have some expertise?
            I find the comment Josh made about the 16 sports programs at Wt very interesting.

IMHO, the reason you bash all other sports is you know nothing about them.
            I am not "Jerry Jones." I know what a winner looks like - he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

How about you watch the interview with Josh Lynn and comment on an area in which you have some expertise?
              I find the comment Josh made about the 16 sports programs at Wt very interesting.

IMHO, the reason you bash all other sports is you know nothing about them.
              I am not "Jerry Jones." I know what a winner looks like - he doesn't.
              Apparently, you know what a loser looks like as well. Just sayin' 🤣🤣

As far as your opinion......you know what they say about opinions.....

Keep your Buffalo CRAP flowing! Somebody has to sell the sh!t! I just ain'ta buyin'.

Comment

[QOTEU][QUOTE] It's clear you have not been paying attention.

Those two girls are red shirts and unproven. They and Logan Heard look good on paper, but they have not yet played a college game. The fact remains that the Lady Buffs need help.
                Karley is the best player on the team but was forced to move to the point when Zam left. The Lady Buffs need a true point guard and especially need help inside. I hope Josh can find the girls to fill those needs. I bet he was "paying attention".

Comment

ASU beat UT Tyler. Will play Texas Gals or LCC for LSC championship and probably the chance to host the regional tournament,

ASU is another team that returns everyone next year. They will also get two 2022 starters back that missed the entire season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    ASU beat UT Tyler. Will play Texas Gals or LCC for LSC championship and probably the chance to host the regional tournament,

ASU is another team that returns everyone next year. They will also get two 2022 starters back that missed the entire season this year.
                    Texas Gals stomped LCU into a bloody pulp, Sets up South Central 1 and 2 playing in the LSC championship.

Comment

From the title, I expected this thread to be about Jerry Jones. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        From the title, I expected this thread to be about Jerry Jones. ;-)
                        The billionaire businessman that built the #1 sports team in the world??

Surely you must mean this guy....
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wvt...arges/36041658

Comment

Looks like the Texas Tech basketball program has totally collapsed.

First Chris Beard now Mark Adams.

Texas Tech coach suspended for 'racially insensitive' comment (espn.com)

Comment

ASU downs TWU for LSC championship.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                              ASU downs TWU for LSC championship.
                              Congrats to a class coach, great year.

Comment

WOMEN'S TEXAS A&M boys baskieball got the 1 pt dubya with less than 3 seconds left to win it's 6th straight LSC Championship. That is no small feat.

Congrats to the buffoons!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X