Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Who is in charge of checking student visa's and passports??
    Schools are responsible to ensure each foreign student athlete follows visa rules. Visas are issued by The U.S. Department of State. And governed by ICE.

There are about 20k foreign student athletes in NCAA.

I know a great number wind up marrying a US citizen.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 03-16-2023, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Schools are respobs8blecto ensure each foreign student athlete follow visa rules. Visas are issued by The U.S. Department of State. And governed by ICE.

Yep the current Islanders tennis coach ended up marrying a former player/coach within the southland conference.

To be fair not sure if she was already a citizen or not but she was from Ukraine.

Comment

No.....I calculated in my head in 5 seconds the difference between two posted numbers.

You went to the site and looked at each player.

Hey, it's not a knock bruh. I just found it comical.

Stop being a snowflake.
        And you used my work to do your calculation.

Go to your safe space, snowflake.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

And you used my work to do your calculation.

Go to your safe space, snowflake.....
          I DID use your number and Chips number.

I don't have a need for a safe space. Unlike others, I have THICK skin and don't melt over politics. I am also not a Foo-Foo guy. I don't care about BS "feelings", so called man made climate change, fracking, these ridiculous electric cars, me me me attitude crap, anti-police, protesting, gun control, etc. et.al. I am not a Right or Left wing NUT. Nor do I care about all the man made drama political BS, or "The Causes". AND I have never asked for or needed a "safe space",or a counselor to talk it out, or drugs for my depression or anxiety. 😂😂😂😂😂

I'm just an ol Marine who lives by adapt, improvise, and overcome when faced with an obstacle or have a desired directive to achieve.

Carry-on.

Comment

I DID use your number and Chips number.

I don't have a need for a safe space. Unlike others, I have THICK skin and don't melt over politics. I am also not a Foo-Foo guy. I don't care about BS "feelings", so called man made climate change, fracking, these ridiculous electric cars, me me me attitude crap, anti-police, protesting, gun control, etc. et.al. I am not a Right or Left wing NUT. Nor do I care about all the man made drama political BS, or "The Causes". AND I have never asked for or needed a "safe space",or a counselor to talk it out, or drugs for my depression or anxiety. 😂😂😂😂😂

I'm just an ol Marine who lives by adapt, improvise, and overcome when faced with an obstacle or have a desired directive to achieve.

Carry-on.
            Do you believe strike outs are fascist, the hanging curveball, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap? Do you believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone?

I think your post was very Crash Davis-like.

I just wanted credit for my work....

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Do you believe strike outs are fascist, the hanging curveball, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap? Do you believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone?

I think your post was very Crash Davis-like.

I just wanted credit for my work....
              YES!

Comment

Schools are responsible to ensure each foreign student athlete follows visa rules. Visas are issued by The U.S. Department of State. And governed by ICE.

My guess is this is the responsibility of the compliance officer, correct??
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

My guess is this is the responsibility of the compliance officer, correct??
                  I believe it is the Office of (or Center for) International Student Services at each university.

Comment

I believe it is the Office of (or Center for) International Student Services at each university.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                      GWB is the most optimistic of any Lady Buffs fan now. Hope the limb doesn’t get sawed off with him at the end. Go Buffs!!
                      Nice to know I'm not alone.

CANYON, Texas (KFDA) - The Lady Buffs’ basketball season may have ended last week, but the future looks bright for WT.

The Lady Buffs finished this season 21-11 with six players that tallied over 150 points on the season: Karley Motschenbacher, Lauren Taylor, Nyalam Thabach, Azia Himeur, Hollie Stalder, and Kyla Kane.

Of those six, only Taylor is projected to leave the team, and Motschenbacher, Himeur, Stalder and Kane are all either freshmen or sophomores.

Untimely injuries led to many of the younger players seeing an increase in playing time, and, as always, more experience leads to more development.

“When you’re a freshman and you step into that first college practice or those first college workouts, you’re battling with kids who could be All-Americans in college or kids who are All-Conference,” Assistant Coach Mikaehla Connor said. “Something that we continue to tell Kyla, Hollie, Bree, and all of those girls, is ‘You’re going up against Karley Motschenbacher, who is the best on-ball defender we’ve seen, so if you can get by her, that’s really setting you up to be very successful in the coming years.’”

Kane and Stalder, mentioned by Coach Connor, scored 187 and 230 points this season, respectively. Freshmen players Bree Brattain and Mattie Boyd each redshirted their first season. Boyd, a former Canadian High School star player, can’t wait to finally take the court next season.

“This whole season is just practice, practice, practice, but you never got to show it or experiment with it,” Boyd said. “All of us just have this natural drive to us that makes us want to work hard in every aspect of our game.”

This season may have ended earlier than the Lady Buffs would have preferred, but only one year removed from an Elite Eight appearance, the future is bright in Canyon.

Comment

• Yep. You’re not alone. Hope you and the asst coach are right. Still doesn’t address glaring needs for a point guard and some strong athletic inside players. When the Lady Buffs get those, I’m on board with you. We’ll see what the off season brings in terms of recruits.
                        Last edited by oldbuff; 03-17-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• This is a big off season for Coach Prock. He needs to bring in several athletic front line players via the portal. #24 needs help and Boyd, despite her high school accolades, is unproven. We need depth that can play. Several schools in conferences had much more athletic front lines this past season.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                            Yep. You’re not alone. Hope you and the asst coach are right. Still doesn’t address glaring needs for a pint guard and some strong athletic inside players. When the Lady Buffs get those, I’m on board with you. We’ll see what the off season brings in terms of recruits.
                            Spot on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayman View Post
                              This is a big off season for Coach Prock. He needs to bring in several athletic front line players via the portal. #24 needs help and Boyd, despite her high school accolades, is unproven. We need depth that can play. Several schools in conferences had much more athletic front lines this past season.
                              Spot on!

Comment

Nice to know I'm not alone.

CANYON, Texas (KFDA) - The Lady Buffs’ basketball season may have ended last week, but the future looks bright for WT.

The Lady Buffs finished this season 21-11 with six players that tallied over 150 points on the season: Karley Motschenbacher, Lauren Taylor, Nyalam Thabach, Azia Himeur, Hollie Stalder, and Kyla Kane.

Of those six, only Taylor is projected to leave the team, and Motschenbacher, Himeur, Stalder and Kane are all either freshmen or sophomores.

Untimely injuries led to many of the younger players seeing an increase in playing time, and, as always, more experience leads to more development.

“When you’re a freshman and you step into that first college practice or those first college workouts, you’re battling with kids who could be All-Americans in college or kids who are All-Conference,” Assistant Coach Mikaehla Connor said. “Something that we continue to tell Kyla, Hollie, Bree, and all of those girls, is ‘You’re going up against Karley Motschenbacher, who is the best on-ball defender we’ve seen, so if you can get by her, that’s really setting you up to be very successful in the coming years.’”

Kane and Stalder, mentioned by Coach Connor, scored 187 and 230 points this season, respectively. Freshmen players Bree Brattain and Mattie Boyd each redshirted their first season. Boyd, a former Canadian High School star player, can’t wait to finally take the court next season.

“This whole season is just practice, practice, practice, but you never got to show it or experiment with it,” Boyd said. “All of us just have this natural drive to us that makes us want to work hard in every aspect of our game.”

This season may have ended earlier than the Lady Buffs would have preferred, but only one year removed from an Elite Eight appearance, the future is bright in Canyon.
                                Go Jerry Go!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X