Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I assume, by your comical rant, that your education did not include reading comprehension.

My point was and still is that my loyalty in sports is to the universities in which I attended, and those happen to be D1 FBS. Meant nothing more and nothing less.

I wish you a good night and hope you get help for your feelings of inadequacy(ies).
    Nah I am good watching you deflect.

I wish you a good night as well sir.

Always up for a good banter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

So a degree from Toledo is more valuable than a degree from Truman State, Grand Valley, etc.?

Didn't your son graduate from a D2 university?

Didn't realize you had to graduate from just a FBS university to have your degrees mean more.

I can tell you from experience more Texas Tech graduates address their co-workers as "boss" than the other way around when it comes to graduates from "lower tier" universities.

Your go to when ASU is having a medicore season is "I no longer have any affiliation with ASU" but when they are having a great season "Hell yes!! Blah blah blah".

When WT has been in the basement I have been here to take the heat and call out coaches but never said I am dropping my allegiance to WT.

Hopefully football season will get here soon and we can argue about that again.

Carry on.
      It is more times than not, unless you are talking about an elite University, the school inasmuch as it is the actual degree. A PE degree or Kinesiology at any school isn't impressive. There are other degrees people get fondly known as Underwater Basket Weaving that won't do you much good either. Most that attain these degrees either end up selling shoes or working for our incompetent Government who must hire more incompetence so as not to expose themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

It is more times than not, unless you are talking about an elite University, the school inasmuch as it is the actual degree. A PE degree or Kinesiology at any school isn't impressive. There are other degrees people get fondly known as Underwater Basket Weaving that won't do you much good either. Most that attain these degrees either end up selling shoes or working for our incompetent Government who must hire more incompetence so as not to expose themselves.
        My favorite is the liberal arts degree and then they try to tell you with a straight face why they applied for a CEO or director position with zero experience.

Most successful Texas Tech grads I know are from the School of Pharmacy or Engineering.

Most everyone else at Texas Tech that cant get into those graduate programs changes their major to an elementary school teacher (nothing wrong with that) or uses their liberal arts degree to become assistant manager at starbucks.

Yeah the government comment isn't too far off.

When I retire in about 10 years and if this board and posters are still alive and kicking I will write a book on that stuff.

Comment

My favorite is the liberal arts degree and then they try to tell you with a straight face why they applied for a CEO or director position with zero experience.

Most successful Texas Tech grads I know are from the School of Pharmacy or Engineering.

Most everyone else at Texas Tech that cant get into those graduate programs changes their major to an elementary school teacher (nothing wrong with that) or uses their liberal arts degree to become assistant manager at starbucks.

Yeah the government comment isn't too far off.

When I retire in about 10 years and if this board and posters are still alive and kicking I will write a book on that stuff.
          I say this with all honesty and its not a knock on you because you work for the Government. My Maternal Grandfather and his daughter my Mother both retired from Government jobs.

THERE IS NOT ONE GOVERNMENT SERVICE THAT I AM PLEASED WITH. NOT ONE. I DREAD THE THOUGHT OF DEALING WITH ANY LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY TO GET ONE THING ACCOMPLISHED. IT TAKES HOURS AND SOMETIMES DAYS WHAT SHOULD TAKE AT THE MOST 15 TO 20 MINUTES.

I do not have City water and thank God the city where my business is located has turned it over to private industry.

Maybe the only Government agencies I'm pleased with are cops and firemen. I have not had any dealings with them in decades and hope not to in the future.

Comment

A-M-E-N

No truer words have been spoken!!!!!

Comment

I say this with all honesty and its not a knock on you because you work for the Government. My Maternal Grandfather and his daughter my Mother both retired from Government jobs.

THERE IS NOT ONE GOVERNMENT SERVICE THAT I AM PLEASED WITH. NOT ONE. I DREAD THE THOUGHT OF DEALING WITH ANY LOCAL, STATE, OR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY TO GET ONE THING ACCOMPLISHED. IT TAKES HOURS AND SOMETIMES DAYS WHAT SHOULD TAKE AT THE MOST 15 TO 20 MINUTES.

I do not have City water and thank God the city where my business is located has turned it over to private industry.

Maybe the only Government agencies I'm pleased with are cops and firemen. I have not had any dealings with them in decades and hope not to in the future.
              I have never agreed more with any post written!!!

The incompetence of government workers should be a criminal offense. They work for YOU & I. They are our b!tches!! It is our money they steal, and 90% should be terminated or criminally charged. Please don't get me started. They are BIG MOUTH, narcissistic, sloths. And that's the nice, PG version. (Nothing personal towards any posters that are unfortunately given a Government paycheck funded by working Americans)

Unfortunately, LE and firemen/paramedics fit into this category as well in many, many towns and cities. However, I have seen some, mostly in affluent towns/cities, that are simply outstanding! In DFW, places like Allen, Park Cities, Southlake, etc. Have unbelievable response times and extremely well trained, hardworking professionals.

Comment

I have never agreed more with any post written!!!

The incompetence of government workers should be a criminal offense. They work for YOU & I. They are our b!tches!! It is our money they steal, and 90% should be terminated or criminally charged. Please don't get me started. They are BIG MOUTH, narcissistic, sloths. And that's the nice, PG version. (Nothing personal towards any posters that are unfortunately given a Government paycheck funded by working Americans)

Unfortunately, LE and firemen/paramedics fit into this category as well in many, many towns and cities. However, I have seen some, mostly in affluent towns/cities, that are simply outstanding! In DFW, places like Allen, Park Cities, Southlake, etc. Have unbelievable response times and extremely well trained, hardworking professionals.
                None taken.

Thank you for continuing to pay for my over bloated salary, 11 holidays off a year, several bonuses, and cushy retirement. ;)

Comment

None taken.

Thank you for continuing to pay for my over bloated salary, 11 holidays off a year, several bonuses, and cushy retirement. ;)
                  You are welcome Sir!

Comment

I did my second masters in Public Administration. I just felt it was beneficial to understand how government works.

A few things I learned:
                    *The # responsibility of a public employee it to never make his boss look bad. Do that and nothing else really matters.
                    *Never ever ever admit that you have enough money to do your job.
                    *Always design a data collection to prove you need more money and people. (Not that hard to do because elected officials are clueless)

My favorite is Head Start. Every study ever done has shown that Head Start students are no further ahead than the general population by 2nd grade. We actually did an exercise on how to skew these results to show great success and the need for more money.

Comment

• FYI - just wanted to clarify that I asked Brandom to remove my thread regarding WTAMU Drag show. No further discussion was necessary. Thanks.

Comment

FYI - just wanted to clarify that I asked Brandom to remove my thread regarding WTAMU Drag show. No further discussion was necessary. Thanks.
                        Meh, it did nothing but out the bigots. I found it both enlightening and educational. I see why you'd ask it to be removed though. I'm surprised it stayed up as long as it did.

Comment

The fact that cops are one govt service you're happy with takes away so much from the rest of your rant. I was on board until then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The fact that cops are one govt service you're happy with takes away so much from the rest of your rant. I was on board until then.
                            Reread his comment. He is pleased as he hasn't had any dealings with them in decades.

Comment

• See.....sh!t went boring without all the juicy WT national drama! 😂😂😂😂

Comment

See.....sh!t went boring without all the juicy WT national drama! 😂😂😂😂
                                Speaking about crap I am hearing they are going to built a Hyatt Regency Hotel on the campus of Tarleton by some friends who were Tarleton grads. I didn't know a private company could build a business inside a University? Is this the same as all of those food chains in University cafeterias?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X