• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wendler could drive!
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Great response my friend!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I bet the number of fans combined that care about any of those sports could fit in that new shiny football stadium.
      Actually, menโ€™s basketball and womenโ€™s volleyball attendance for the season probably beat out football. Judging from football attendance, one would think WT hadnโ€™t won a game in years.

Legit support for WT football is soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Actually, menโ€™s basketball and womenโ€™s volleyball attendance for the season probably beat out football. Judging from football attendance, one would think WT hadnโ€™t won a game in years.

When you play 3 times as many home games as the football team, the football team has been mediocre at best, and the other sports are nationally successful programs then yeah that is not too hard to believe especially in D2.

Hawaii football used to have decent attendance but being in the crapper recently their attendance dropped 53% the last 5 years despite their location and no other D1 competition around.

Firing Carthel put the football program on life support and hiring Wendler signed the DNR order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

When you play 3 times as many home games as the football team, the football team has been mediocre at best, and the other sports are nationally successful programs then yeah that is not too hard to believe especially in D2.

Hawaii football used to have decent attendance but being in the crapper recently their attendance dropped 53% the last 5 years despite their location and no other D1 competition around.

Firing Carthel put the football program on life support and hiring Wendler signed the DNR order.
          Any program whose support is dependent on a certain coach isnโ€™t a program. Itโ€™s a temporary fad.

Real programs have consistent support through the valleys. Nebraska hasnโ€™t been nationally relevant in a generation, but theyโ€™ve sold out every game since JFK.

Thatโ€™s a program.

I hear a whole lot of pissing and moaning from the WT crowd about the glory days of bygone eras. Not convinced thereโ€™s a lot of actual support there; likely a bunch of hot air.

Comment

For this past season WT football played 5 home games. Attendance was 35,034, 7,007 ave.

Men's basketball played 16 home games. Attendance was 15,868. 992 ave. Basketball attendance sucks till after the Christmas break.

Volleyball played 16 home matches. Attendance was 15,692, 981 ave.

I tried to find the national rankings for attendance in each sport but struck out. Maybe someone else can have better luck.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-10-2023, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Actually -

MBB
              ATTENDANCE: 727
              ATTENDANCE: 742
              ATTENDANCE: 1093
              Just from some random men's basketball home game box scores. I guess I should've said they'd all fit in one section of the football stadium.

Football's homecoming game had an attendance of over 9,000. Over 7k in attendance against TAMUK. Facts get in the way of a good story sometimes.
              Last edited by Turbonium; 05-11-2023, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Central Bobcats' Jacob English Commits to Angelo State. Speedster to compete in Track & Field and Football.

This young man could be a game changer for Angelo.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/sport...s-angelo-state

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  Central Bobcats' Jacob English Commits to Angelo State. Speedster to compete in Track & Field and Football.

This young man could be a game changer for Angelo.

https://sanangelolive.com/news/sport...s-angelo-state
                  Enjoy that one year before he takes the NIL money to transfer to Tech.

Comment

Enjoy that one year before he takes the NIL money to transfer to Tech.
                    I LOVE your positivity!!! So uplifting!!

You must be a joy to be around. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I LOVE your positivity!!! So uplifting!!

You must be a joy to be around. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‰
                      Haha. I am jaded starting to watch this stuff happen to my team in College Basketball.

Comment

Haha. I am jaded starting to watch this stuff happen to my team in College Basketball.
                        I have had very mixed feelings about this, but in the end, you just have to accept this as the "new normal" (a term that I am not fond of but is used more and more).

If the kid has the skills to move up the ladder, why should they be stopped by administrative rules, especially when we are not stopping coaches from moving up the ladder. That being said, I know this his hurting them in the classroom because every time they transfer they are delaying graduation nd adding more time to get that degree.

But, as I said above, it is the new normal and while I might wish for the "good old days" (as I romanticize about them, not as they were in reality), there is no way to go back in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I have had very mixed feelings about this, but in the end, you just have to accept this as the "new normal" (a term that I am not fond of but is used more and more).

If the kid has the skills to move up the ladder, why should they be stopped by administrative rules, especially when we are not stopping coaches from moving up the ladder. That being said, I know this his hurting them in the classroom because every time they transfer they are delaying graduation nd adding more time to get that degree.

But, as I said above, it is the new normal and while I might wish for the "good old days" (as I romanticize about them, not as they were in reality), there is no way to go back in time.
                          Great post!

(and the bold area is dead on)

Comment

• https://youtu.be/WLrrFxXZ3rk

1993 Bud Light Commercial.... ๐Ÿ˜€

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
                              https://youtu.be/WLrrFxXZ3rk

1993 Bud Light Commercial.... ๐Ÿ˜€
                              I miss the โ€œReal Men of Geniusโ€ commercials.

Comment

• As expected WT didn't make the regional tournament in baseball.

Interesting though on the selection show. Some regions had 8 teams in the tournament, most had 7, and South Central region only had 6.

Any idea why that is?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X