Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texcap View Post

I have had very mixed feelings about this, but in the end, you just have to accept this as the "new normal" (a term that I am not fond of but is used more and more).

If the kid has the skills to move up the ladder, why should they be stopped by administrative rules, especially when we are not stopping coaches from moving up the ladder. That being said, I know this his hurting them in the classroom because every time they transfer they are delaying graduation nd adding more time to get that degree.

But, as I said above, it is the new normal and while I might wish for the "good old days" (as I romanticize about them, not as they were in reality), there is no way to go back in time.
    I do see why you made the statement in bold.

My Reality: WT football was a priority 10-15 years ago and if the transfer portal existed back then no way WT keeps all the NFL caliber players they had over a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      As expected WT didn't make the regional tournament in baseball.

Interesting though on the selection show. Some regions had 8 teams in the tournament, most had 7, and South Central region only had 6.

Any idea why that is?
      Just a guess on my part, but it is probably due to he number of schools participating in the sport in the region. For example, they set making the tournament at 10%; so if there are 60 teams in the region, you get 6 into the tournament; 70 teams gets you 7 teams, etc.

Comment

• D2 BASEBALL
        Top-Seeded Rams Open Super Regionals with 8-2 Win over Mavericks

https://angelosports.com/news/2023/5...mavericks.aspx

Comment

• D2 BASEBALL
          Rams Blank Mavericks to Clinch Third-Straight Trip to Cary

https://angelosports.com/news/2023/5...p-to-cary.aspx

Comment

• WT men’s & women’s track finish 2nd & 3rd, respectively, at D2 national championships. Men’s 4x100 set a new national record of 38.7 seconds. This tops off another great year for WT athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
              WT men’s & women’s track finish 2nd & 3rd, respectively, at D2 national championships. Men’s 4x100 set a new national record of 38.7 seconds. This tops off another great year for WT athletics.
              That 38.7 is the DII all-time record. It's the 5th best NCAA time in 2023 including DI.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                WT men’s & women’s track finish 2nd & 3rd, respectively, at D2 national championships. Men’s 4x100 set a new national record of 38.7 seconds. This tops off another great year for WT athletics.
                Angelo State is ranked #1 in the NATION in baseball. And this is their 3rd straight year going to the World Series. Not too shabby.

In Texas you don't get any better than having a great football team AND a great baseball team. Nothing else compares.

But as usual, in Texas, FOOTBALL RULES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Angelo State is ranked #1 in the NATION in baseball. And this is their 3rd straight year going to the World Series. Not too shabby.

In Texas you don't get any better than having a great football team AND a great baseball team. Nothing else compares.

But as usual, in Texas, FOOTBALL RULES!!
                  Curious how 52 wins is good enough for the number 3 seed in the final eight and not higher.

Angelo State’s next opponent, Southern New Hampshire; is the top team in the Northeast 10 with a 42-11 record. They were upset in the first round of the NE10 tournament but then won their regional for the third straight year. They are currently on a 31-3 streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Curious how 52 wins is good enough for the number 3 seed in the final eight and not higher.

Angelo State’s next opponent, Southern New Hampshire; is the top team in the Northeast 10 with a 42-11 record. They were upset in the first round of the NE10 tournament but then won their regional for the third straight year. They are currently on a 31-3 streak.
                    I really dont think seeding matters at the World Series. Angelo is ranked #1 in the Nation. But everyone there is very good and can win the Natty. Angelo State & Southern New Hampshire arecthe only two teams thst have been three years in a row. Angelo beat them last year 4-2 in the opening round. I am sure the Penman are out for revenge this year!! Gonna be axreal tough ho for the Rams.

Best of luck to #AngeloState

Comment

I really dont think seeding matters at the World Series. Angelo is ranked #1 in the Nation. But everyone there is very good and can win the Natty. Angelo State & Southern New Hampshire arecthe only two teams thst have been three years in a row. Angelo beat them last year 4-2 in the opening round. I am sure the Penman are out for revenge this year!! Gonna be axreal tough ho for the Rams.

Best of luck to #AngeloState
                      Agreed.

#1 seed might be an advantage if a cinderella team pulled upsets in the regional and super regional round back to back to get there but that feat is pretty rare.

99% of the time the best teams will play each other for the championship anyways.

Comment

Agreed.

#1 seed might be an advantage if a cinderella team pulled upsets in the regional and super regional round back to back to get there but that feat is pretty rare.

99% of the time the best teams will play each other for the championship anyways.
                        How about an update on your girl??
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

How about an update on your girl??
                          She is doing astonishingly well thank you so much for asking.

She had a 4 hour brain/head surgery for a Chiari Malformation.

She was discharged within 72 hours and is already walking around trying to play with friends with very little pain.

We should know more in mid June during her follow up visit how successful the surgery is.

Medicine has sure come a long way and cant think the surgeon and her team enough at Houston Children's Hospital.

Its hard to imagine the whole process not turning out better than it has so far.

Comment

She was discharged within 72 hours and is already walking around trying to play with friends with very little pain.

We should know more in mid June during her follow up visit how successful the surgery is.

Medicine has sure come a long way and cant think the surgeon and her team enough at Houston Children's Hospital.

Its hard to imagine the whole process not turning out better than it has so far.
                            Excellent news!! I assume she had type 1 and a PF decompression surgery?

I.pray for her complete and speedy recovery my friend. 🙏

Comment

Great news, this is an answered prayer.
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Excellent news!! I assume she had type 1 and a PF decompression surgery?

I.pray for her complete and speedy recovery my friend. 🙏
                                Thank you sir and correct on all questions.

She had 2 bones removed from the back of her head and a thin lining cut from the dura mater as part of that surgery.

One of the surgery team assistants told us "Most people do this as a pre-caution and don't need it but she did as her tonsils inside that area were extremely swollen".

Her condition was bad enough to where she would get extreme headaches and fatigue in the 4th quarter of basketball games when the games were on the line.

Me and the coach would get a lot of questions and borderline passive aggressive comments about fitness training.

Hopefully this addresses everything and she is able to become the extremely fun athletic kid that loves basketball and wants to improve.

Not attending camps really devastated her this year.

Thanks for your support and prayers they were felt and helped out tremendously.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X