Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah its flawed and it needs to be divided into 6A/7A.

One year in the mid 2010's There were only 5 teams in the 6A district in the Panhandle/South Plains and all 5 of them were barely 6A.

Tascosa was placed in the Division 1 bracket and made it to the 3rd round and lost to Denton Ryan after leading in the 4th quarter.

Had they won that game they would have played Allen in the next round.

That would have been a 4,500+ enrollment difference in that matchup.

Now all those teams except for Frenship are now 5A and Frenship is barely 6A.
    Remember when they created 6A because of the same issues in 5A?

Then all these small 5A teams wanted to move "up" to 6A. Now 6A is flooded. Everyone views it as "D1".

The 6A Big 1 = FBS; 6A division 2 = FCS....so on and so forth. Therefore, creating 7A will follow the 6A/5A change. What then? 8A?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Then all these small 5A teams wanted to move "up" to 6A. Now 6A is flooded. Everyone views it as "D1".

The 6A Big 1 = FBS; 6A division 2 = FCS....so on and so forth. Therefore, creating 7A will follow the 6A/5A change. What then? 8A?

I thought the classifications were just adjusted with everyone getting a bump up. Six-man schools become 1A, 1A become 2A, 2A became 3A... all up the line.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Never been to Odessa. No reason for me to ever be in Odessa.

Now, I received two comments about my post, but no one has answered the question. πŸ˜‚
        I grew up there. The place stinks/the water tastes like sh!t/Sand storms/absolutely the worst drivers in Texas other that San Antonio/and so much more. Since my mother died two days is the max I can stand the place.

Lots of great people there.

Comment

7A can have the DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio schools have their FBS championship games and D1 recruit showcases.

6A and below can give other schools around the state a chance of competing in a similar enrollment ballpark.

Also gives some of the suburbs in danger of joining the 6A ranks to stay put.

Frisco would be a great example.

Maybe some of the Dallas 5A schools want to move up but the surrounding Austin and Houston Suburbs are fighting that like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            I grew up there. The place stinks/the water tastes like sh!t/Sand storms/absolutely the worst drivers in Texas other that San Antonio/and so much more. Since my mother died two days is the max I can stand the place.

That bad?? I've never been. Now I never want to go...haha

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

And just when you thought you were miserable in Odessa venture over to Crane on a hot summer day and smell the aroma of oil fields and enjoy no modern conveniences.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

And just when you thought you were miserable in Odessa venture over to Crane on a hot summer day and smell the aroma of oil fields and enjoy no modern conveniences.
                Grew up in the Permian and yes it’s a rough place to live. However when you are talking about smelly places. I graduated from WT and smelled Hereford in Canyon. Lived in Houston and smelled chemical plants. Lived in east Texas and smelled chicken farms around Lufkin and paper mills.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

Grew up in the Permian and yes it’s a rough place to live. However when you are talking about smelly places. I graduated from WT and smelled Hereford in Canyon. Lived in Houston and smelled chemical plants. Lived in east Texas and smelled chicken farms around Lufkin and paper mills.
                  All True. You left out the Stockyards in Muleshoe. That smell could travel miles and not pleasant one at all. It will make you turn off the AC in your pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Worked on many oil wells in that part of Texas during the hot summers. That was my version of student aid.

Comment

Yep grew up in Amarillo and did the feedlot smell, Friona for the dairies, Houston area for the chemical refineries, Austin/Lockhart for cedar trees, then Corpus Christi for the bay fish, red tide, and oil refineries smell.

Luckily I am in an area where none of those come into play now.

Comment

Yeah all areas of Texas outside of DFW STINK. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Yeah all areas of Texas outside of DFW STINK. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                          But DFW is close to Oklahoma. Anytime we have a strong wind blow in from the north, you all get to smell all the unhygienic practices from the Okies and particular the City of Norman first.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

But DFW is close to Oklahoma. Anytime we have a strong wind blow in from the north, you all get to smell all the unhygienic practices from the Okies and particular the City of Norman first.
                            Well, this is true. Strong north winds do blow in the odor from the armpit of the United States.

Comment

Ya haven't been in Oklahoma lately. Kansas sucks and Texas blows, but Kansas hasn't been able to suck hard enough to get rid of all the wind and other crap Texas has been blowing this way. It's unbelievable, but Texas can blow 85 mph plus winds into Oklahoma. Today, it's the opposite direction with Texas sucking everything out of Kansas into Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                                Ya haven't been in Oklahoma lately. Kansas sucks and Texas blows, but Kansas hasn't been able to suck hard enough to get rid of all the wind and other crap Texas has been blowing this way. It's unbelievable, but Texas can blow 85 mph plus winds into Oklahoma. Today, it's the opposite direction with Texas sucking everything out of Kansas into Oklahoma.
                                Try Oars & Alps Natural Deodorant.

Sorry guy, everything Oklahoma SUCKS!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X