Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Recruits in the panhandle for WT would be few and far between after Texas Tech gets the first shot at them.
    Yeah WT isn’t competing with any FBS school for a player, much less a P5. Maybe a Tarleton or ACU reject.

Comment

7A can have the DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio schools have their FBS championship games and D1 recruit showcases.

6A and below can give other schools around the state a chance of competing in a similar enrollment ballpark.

Also gives some of the suburbs in danger of joining the 6A ranks to stay put.

Frisco would be a great example.

Maybe some of the Dallas 5A schools want to move up but the surrounding Austin and Houston Suburbs are fighting that like the plague.
      Some of the schools have 6-8,000. Need to have a 10A I guess.

Comment

I have gone to a few UTPB practices so far. The offense is much better than last season. Much more balanced and more depth across the board. Defense is very big in the box and long in the backend. I am impressed by the 1s and 2s on both sides. A lot of new faces but the culture seems to be clicking. I couldn't tell it was practice 3 and 4 with a brand new group of guys. I am excited for this season!

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
          I have gone to a few UTPB practices so far. The offense is much better than last season. Much more balanced and more depth across the board. Defense is very big in the box and long in the backend. I am impressed by the 1s and 2s on both sides. A lot of new faces but the culture seems to be clicking. I couldn't tell it was practice 3 and 4 with a brand new group of guys. I am excited for this season!
          McCullough and his staff have done a ton of work and they will put a winner together. Hard to say about this year with all the new players, but I know there were some head-scratching things that happened in UTPB games last year and I don't think those will happen anymore.

Comment

Recruits in the panhandle for WT would be few and far between after Texas Tech gets the first shot at them.
            Seems they shouldn't even be in competition for the same players since TT is FBS and WT is DII...

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Never been to Odessa. No reason for me to ever be in Odessa.

Now, I received two comments about my post, but no one has answered the question. 😂
              You and most people have never been and have no reason to go there. I will be there this fall for a football game on 10/28, I would never go there for any other reason as I'm not in the oil business. While I have lived in TX, I don't have high expectations for this experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Seems they shouldn't even be in competition for the same players since TT is FBS and WT is DII...
                Think you misinterpreted my post. I said after Tech gets first dibs which means they would be getting the scrap heap.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

You and most people have never been and have no reason to go there. I will be there this fall for a football game on 10/28, I would never go there for any other reason as I'm not in the oil business. While I have lived in TX, I don't have high expectations for this experience.
                  I grew up in Odessa but since my mother passed see no reason to go there except for Thanksgiving at my nephews. Growing up I never realized how bad it stinks until I went home from college. the first time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X