Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State Loses Top WR to WVU!

Dang, Angelo lost is #1 receiver 6'4 230lb Noah Masey. Looks like he will be a Mountaineer at West Virginia. SMDH.

This portal has taken so much top talent away from the Rams.

This should be a wake up call for any coach trying to build a program.

And we wonder why DII coaches jump ship when they get a D1 opportunity.

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Dang, Angelo lost is #1 receiver 6'4 230lb Noah Masey. Looks like he will be a Mountaineer at West Virginia. SMDH.

This is going to shake up my coveted Top 10 Preseason Poll. WT is now the clear favorite to win the LSC.

Comment

I saw where Pitt state lost a really good running back to tarelton and their stud wide receiver entered and has like 12 D1 offers. Looks like San Diego state is probably the best.tough being holding on to your kids in D2.

Comment

NCAA's gotta do something to slow/stop this BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
          I saw where Pitt state lost a really good running back to tarelton and their stud wide receiver entered and has like 12 D1 offers. Looks like San Diego state is probably the best.tough being holding on to your kids in D2.
          The WR came to Pitt with natural talent and legit quickness, butnot much in the way of skills. The staff developed him to the point that he would have been a stud this year. Was ok in year 1 and pretty good last year, but poised to have a great 23.
          I read that he had offers from TX A and M, and several others.

The rb was a talented 1 cut runner, and a good blocker, but he was really slow. Steady, but not a home run threat at all.

They lost several others to the portal, and have had coaches leave for D1 the last couple of years. Those are signs that your program is doing it right imo.

Comment

The reason for the last part is money and prestige, just like it always was. I think ambitious coaches are what you want, though. I don't think it's new at all. Back in their 90s heyday, Pitt went through coordinators and position coaches as fast as they do now with some leaving for D1 every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

This is going to shake up my coveted Top 10 Preseason Poll. WT is now the clear favorite to win the LSC.
              🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The reason for the last part is money and prestige, just like it always was. I think ambitious coaches are what you want, though. I don't think it's new at all. Back in their 90s heyday, Pitt went through coordinators and position coaches as fast as they do now with some leaving for D1 every year.
                I just think of guys like Coach Mel T. He was given D1 offers many times....but never took them.

Comment

I just think of guys like Coach Mel T. He was given D1 offers many times....but never took them.
                  Locals gave him an endowment that was big enough to keep him there, but he was a very rare bird.

Pitt had a pretty good, long term coach in Broyles, but he wasn't on the Mel T level. He was the one who stayed while the guys like Patterson, Franchione, and kill left for D1.

Tim Beck wanted to be Mel T. He bled Pitt colors, but just couldn't quite get it done.

Comment

I wonder if we'll see old school gimmick offenses having a resurgence in D2. Quick, undersized OL, fullbacks, and pure running QBs are less desirable in d1.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      NCAA's gotta do something to slow/stop this BS.
                      I didn't see this type of comment when WT was regularly bringing in D1 transfers.

It's a two way street now.
                      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Well sh!t. Last time I talked to him it was all about next year. I guess that $20 tip I left him at Road House wasn't enough to make him want to hang around.

Comment

I wonder if we'll see old school gimmick offenses having a resurgence in D2. Quick, undersized OL, fullbacks, and pure running QBs are less desirable in d1.
                          Pitt state picked up two transfers from WT I believe. A center and DB. Did they do anything this spring.

Comment

Not sure. After being involved in football for decades (as a player then coach) I have seen everyone follow suit. Whatever is the hot or fad offensive system is what everyone runs. In the early 2000's & up until a few years back it was spread systems 10 personnel. Nowadays, it's some form of an 11 personnel. Personally, I'd like to see the 21/22 personnel offenses make a resurgence, but not sure that will happen as D1 pretty much follows NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Well sh!t. Last time I talked to him it was all about next year. I guess that $20 tip I left him at Road House wasn't enough to make him want to hang around.
                              Haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X