X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    I did it anyways.

Overall in the big race adding in Mary and Augie they finish behind SDSU and NDSU. But when you go h2h similar to Summit

1. Augie 40
    2. SDSU 53
    3. NDSU 55
    4. Mary 69

NDSU women were preseason Summit league favorites. NDSU and SDSU were 14th and 15th in the last Central region poll.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    As have done in the last went through results of the Griak XC meet. They have two classes for the college xc race one is D1, the other is for the rest. Usually I do this to kind of prove how the top of the NSIC (certainly d2) is more competitive with the Summit than some on here may think. And also because I believe Augie will be much more competitive than someone had said they would be.

I only did the men so far but its easily the same story on the womens side. Since the runners all run the same course you can insert times into the other race and re score it.

First off the NSIC has two runners (one from ISF and one from Augie who would be the top two in the Summit. When adding in the scores SDSU would have (roughly) 128, Augie 175, NDSU 227, USF 286) SDSU beat MN (on their home course) handedly and the Gophers were ranked 8th in the Central region. Augie would have also beat the Gophers.

If you scored just those four schools head to head (taking out all other teams)it would be SDSU 37, Augie 44, USF 70 and NDSU 72. Basically, Augie and USF would finish 2nd and 3rd in the Summit.

Anyways, just thought it was fun info to pass along. If anyone has interest in the womens side I can do that too.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Yeah, once again I hate to come to the defense, but outside of football the Summit isn't all that much better than the top teams in the NSIC. As much as I would love to see Aigie fail they will be more than competitive in nearly every sport.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post

Soon enough I'm sure. Sad thing for them is once they move up the national success they have had this past decade, with the big boys of the Dakotas not beating them every weekend, will disappear. Back to the basement they will go. Jackrabbits > Vikings
    The national success that comparatively isn't really doing much of anything for our university because national D2 success is relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of athletics and the local D1 schools consistently making the NCAA Tournament and losing in the first round gives them more exposure and hype and impact on their institution than three national championships in reasonably important sports have given Augie in the past four years?
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 08-23-2019, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Re: Augie d1 thread

Living in Omaha area, when Creighton joined the big east and with some success doubled their attendance numbers. Getting a new arena helped as well. I believe they were #8 in the country with average attendance more than 16k outdrawing then Big 10 Huskers. Omaha metro area is around 500k. When we moved to NE some 20 years ago Creighton had around Northerns attendance.
    In 2018 UST basketball averaged 700 fpg, and their football team averaged 2300 fpg. UST fans are alumni and other people associated with the school, and I don't think they have a regional fan base like Creighton or even St John's. I question UST's marketability.

Leave a comment:

• MaroonJackRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    I just came into the thread to see if Augie has finally gone D1 and we can be rid of them...finally. :)
    Soon enough I'm sure. Sad thing for them is once they move up the national success they have had this past decade, with the big boys of the Dakotas not beating them every weekend, will disappear. Back to the basement they will go. Jackrabbits > Vikings

Leave a comment:

• MaroonJackRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Living in Omaha area, when Creighton joined the big east and with some success doubled their attendance numbers. Getting a new arena helped as well. I believe they were #8 in the country with average attendance more than 16k outdrawing then Big 10 Huskers. Omaha metro area is around 500k. When we moved to NE some 20 years ago Creighton had around Northerns attendance.
    I'm curious what you meant by Creighton doubled their attendance after joining the Big East? Since it opened in '03 Creighton has always packed the 18,000 seat CHI Health Center, numerous new names before, as members of the MVC. Most years in the MVC they led the conference in attendance average and ranked in the top 25 nationally. Their attendance didn't just boom because of the Big East, that attendance was already there.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied
    I just came into the thread to see if Augie has finally gone D1 and we can be rid of them...finally. :)

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    So what did everyone want to say over the last 2 days but we were unable to see

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

One thing that UST has is WCCO. To have clear channel radio station that can cover a lot of Minnesota it is a tremendous advantage for a D3 school. Of course, St John's has their own network- a St Cloud station and one in Waseca covering southern Minnesota. Amazing.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X