Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie d1 thread

Quick- who can name all the current teams in the Pioneer?

Hint- there are ten of them.

Comment

Had heard it was basically inevitable. I hope it works out for them. It will be interesting to see if a replacement for them is found, or if the conference will operate with 15 schools for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Yes, it is official.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          If they filled it they'd be 9th out of 11 teams. When UND is added I'd assume 10th out of 12. But I dont know attendance is a make or break. I'm sure the conference would just like to have Sioux Falls as part of their true market.
          Where did you get those numbers?

Comment

Can't really force UMC out. They haven't committed any crimes- or broken any conference rules- no scandals there that I am aware of. If I were them I wouldn't want to join the North Star- and the UMAC people who I have talked to aren't interested. Not a lot of candidates close by.

Comment

Can't really force UMC out. They haven't committed any crimes- or broken any conference rules- no scandals there that I am aware of. If I were them I wouldn't want to join the North Star- and the UMAC people who I have talked to aren't interested. Not a lot of candidates close by.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                Where did you get those numbers?
                http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm

Comment

I know that I posted this somewhere else- probably Twitter and Any Given Saturday.

Just today I was at MSU. I was shown the NCAA handbook that says new conferences have to have at least ten members. Now, if the NSIC was to split- and I assume that conferences that lose teams are still grandfathered in- but you would still need several teams from somewhere else to join. Looking at the numbers, you would either need some D3 or NAIA moveups. Since Minnesota has no NAIA teams- and I don't see any MIAC teams moving up- that would pose a problem.

Comment

I know that I posted this somewhere else- probably Twitter and Any Given Saturday.

Just today I was at MSU. I was shown the NCAA handbook that says new conferences have to have at least ten members. Now, if the NSIC was to split- and I assume that conferences that lose teams are still grandfathered in- but you would still need several teams from somewhere else to join. Looking at the numbers, you would either need some D3 or NAIA moveups. Since Minnesota has no NAIA teams- and I don't see any MIAC teams moving up- that would pose a problem.

Comment

Nobody knows what the future holds. All programs have the potential to reach the max if they want it bad enough. Title IX is a b*tch tho. I'm glad the SCSU class action case has come to an end. The girls want their sports reinstated and new facilities. Now they're just waiting on a decision from the judge. SCSU needs to cut sports and increase funding for the existing sports, but the courts won't allow it. So they had a record fund raising year and they're still working with a 2015 budget.

Comment

Iowa D3 or NAIA?

Dubuque is D3, 2000 students. Nice facilities. $150million endowment. Though I think they like their D3 conference. Have been there since the 1920's.
                        Luther is D3, 2500 students. Nice facilities. $165million endowment. Though I think they like their D3 conference. Have been there since the 1920's.

Morningside return to D2 from NAIA? Bring back the Sioux City market?
                        Grand View go D2 from NAIA? Bring you the Des Moines market?

Comment

The GNAC has 11 members.

http://www.gnacsports.com/

Comment

The GNAC has 11 members.

http://www.gnacsports.com/

Comment

Here come the Dakota State Trojans... :)

Comment

Originally posted by doolittledog View Post
                                Iowa D3 or NAIA?

Dubuque is D3, 2000 students. Nice facilities. $150million endowment. Though I think they like their D3 conference. Have been there since the 1920's.
                                Luther is D3, 2500 students. Nice facilities. $165million endowment. Though I think they like their D3 conference. Have been there since the 1920's.

Morningside return to D2 from NAIA? Bring back the Sioux City market?
                                Grand View go D2 from NAIA? Bring you the Des Moines market?
                                Dubuque is in the D3 American River Conference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...ers_Conference

Morningside is in the NAIA Great Plains. I had a lengthy talk with a Morningside football coach while MSU was holding their Friday night practice there before they played at Wayne State. He said that they had no interest in joining the NSIC and gave several reasons- the most important was that they liked winning!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...tic_Conference

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X