Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie d1 thread

Not saying right or wrong, but does it seem odd that the NSIC social media would be so quick to get this news out? If I am them, why would i share it at all? Just looking for others thoughts, just struck me as odd.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Not saying right or wrong, but does it seem odd that the NSIC social media would be so quick to get this news out? If I am them, why would i share it at all? Just looking for others thoughts, just struck me as odd.
      My questions to them are- when will Augie leave the NSIC- 2019-20 or 2020-21? Will Augie be eligible for championships? And most important, what are the plans to deal with an uneven number of teams?

Comment

No matter who replaces Augustana, the conference will take a hit as the replacement school likely won't be anywhere near as competitive as Augie in all sports. Best of luck to them. Being the 3rd D1 in South Dakota may not be an ideal situation but it's what they wanted. They could likely be competitive in basketball fairly soon but will get killed in football.

Sad to see a quality opponent leave. Even more sad at the possible replacement options. Hopefully they find success and never look back.

Comment

Trying to gauge interest from replacement schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            Trying to gauge interest from replacement schools?
            For the NSIC's sake, I sure hope they've been having some of those preliminary conversations with potential replacement schools much sooner than today, seeing as this is a move that has been rumored and perceived as being highly likely for nearly a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              For the NSIC's sake, I sure hope they've been having some of those preliminary conversations with potential replacement schools much sooner than today, seeing as this is a move that has been rumored and perceived as being highly likely for nearly a year now.
              I would hope they would be proactive. As you said, this hasn't been a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                My questions to them are- when will Augie leave the NSIC- 2019-20 or 2020-21? Will Augie be eligible for championships? And most important, what are the plans to deal with an uneven number of teams?
                They have to find a conference first to go D1. Most likely Summit league, with ESPN 99.1 reporting they are likely headed to the MVFCbfor football....they would be eligible for D2 titles until they begin the transition and then they do not become eligible for 4 years at the D1 level.

http://espn991.com/augustana-univers...to-division-i/

Comment

Can't really force UMC out. They haven't committed any crimes- or broken any conference rules- no scandals there that I am aware of. If I were them I wouldn't want to join the North Star- and the UMAC people who I have talked to aren't interested. Not a lot of candidates close by.
                  I would imagine that the conference has every right to vote teams out if it is the will of the other schools...not saying they will, but they should.

To hell with going back to 16. We need to shrink.
                  If you must grow I'd see if Morningside would want to come back up

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    They have to find a conference first to go D1. Most likely Summit league, with ESPN 99.1 reporting they are likely headed to the MVFCbfor football....they would be eligible for D2 titles until they begin the transition and then they do not become eligible for 4 years at the D1 level.

http://espn991.com/augustana-univers...to-division-i/
                    They will be in the Summit. This is a basketball move.

The MVFC doesn't want them. Besides, they would have to increase their scholarships to 63, which can't be divided for more than 85 players. They would either drop football- which seems unlikely with that nice stadium- or more likely go Pioneer, which is non-scholarship.

www.pioneer-football.org/

Comment

I would hope so as well. I'd hope that ANY conference would have a backup plan for schools moving.

Maybe not so much trying to gauge interest (as that step should be long complete) but trying to gauge who not only is interested but who has the means and ability to jump in now that it's real.

Comment

They will be in the Summit. This is a basketball move.

The MVFC doesn't want them. Besides, they would have to increase their scholarships to 63, which can't be divided for more than 85 players. They would either drop football- which seems unlikely with that nice stadium- or more likely go Pioneer, which is non-scholarship.

www.pioneer-football.org/
                        Just saying Laker it was reported that they are likely to be heading to the MVFC...it is a basketball move and a move the summit desperately needs to save baseball

Comment

My interpretation of NSIC bylaws is 2020-21

Comment

Just saying Laker it was reported that they are likely to be heading to the MVFC...it is a basketball move and a move the summit desperately needs to save baseball
                            Where have you heard MVFC? I know Zimmer believes Pioneer more likely.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...88757825380352

Comment

I'm disgusted with myself for opening a JT read, but what he said is...

"It is the assumption that the Missouri Valley will be a target for football and the Summit League will be the target for basketball and other sports.

That all is speculation at this point although it makes the most sense from a geographical stand point."

Key word is assumption. I would go off of anything and everything that Zimmer reports.

Comment

Can't really force UMC out. They haven't committed any crimes- or broken any conference rules- no scandals there that I am aware of. If I were them I wouldn't want to join the North Star- and the UMAC people who I have talked to aren't interested. Not a lot of candidates close by.
                                I'm disgusted with myself for opening a JT read, but what he said is...

"It is the assumption that the Missouri Valley will be a target for football and the Summit League will be the target for basketball and other sports.

That all is speculation at this point although it makes the most sense from a geographical stand point."

Key word is assumption. I would go off of anything and everything that Zimmer reports.
                                All I said was reported...which is factually true. Good luck to Augie on the move, I hope the best for you

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X