Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: Augie d1 thread

Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.

Comment

Originally posted by StateU View Post
        Why would the NSIC allow Augie to stay in the NSIC past the 2019 season? The current members will have zero interest in keeping them around.
        Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?

Comment

They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.

Comment

I could see Augie staying but being ineligible for postseason league honors

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
              Agree. If Augustana does go the non-scholarship football route, I imagine some players may investigate transferring. Not sure how that works when transitioning from a scholarship program to one without. Unless the school honors the scholarships until that player graduates?
              I heard the Pioneer will not allow them to compete while finishing out their "traditional" athletic scholarships. But privates are creative and have flexibility to make just about any situation work (in the non traditional sense). Just look at the Pioneer ... those guys aren't playing football for the fun of it.

Comment

Talk about travel and being spread out..... Pioneer is about as bad as it gets

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  They'd rather have 15 teams, challenging scheduling issues, etc. for an extra year or two? It makes sense for both parties to stay in the NSIC as long as necessary, unless the conference already has a replacement team ready to step in immediately, which the discussion on here seems to be indicating isn't exactly highly likely.
                  IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...

Comment

IMHO the schools would rather have to work slightly harder to schedule games than complete with a transitioning team that has no interest in the NSIC. Augie would like to stay thru 2021 and I think that's unacceptable. On the other hand, the NSIC will probably do whatever Sanford wants them to do. And BTW, no offense ...
                    Doesn't offend me in the slightest. You might be right. If my post came off as defensive, it was 100% not intended to be.

Comment

The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.
                        Hidden little moves that all make sense in retrospect.. good call stanger

Comment

I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            I understand why other schools may not like it but if they were planning to kick Augie out immediately why would the NSIC lay out a specific timeline in here:

https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...075081731?s=19
                            The NSIC will gladly keep Augie as long as they want

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X