Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie d1 thread

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Just a whole lot of naysayers and BS'ing going on. Good for Augie trying to make the move. We can sit around and go in circles about how you think they'll fail but the point is they've decided to make a go of it. Best if luck to them. We should be hoping they succeed and show a path to the top level
    Not so much. I believe that there should at least be a student body minimum for a school to advance to D1. If you cannot maintain that number whatever it is then your school should automatically be dropped back to D2. I would think a student body population of 10K would be a minimum. This allows the school to at least pay through the use of fees on tuition a good part on the sports.

But, more so to your point of saying we are naysayers. Example, Just because you can buy a Mercedes car and make the payments doesn't allow any room for repairs and believe me those D1 bills are going to show up.

I do agree that no one should be held back if they have a solid plan and are not just another eyesore D1 school. University of Incarnate Word, Houston Baptist, and Nichols State are a fine example of D2 schools posing as D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Not so much. I believe that there should at least be a student body minimum for a school to advance to D1. If you cannot maintain that number whatever it is then your school should automatically be dropped back to D2. I would think a student body population of 10K would be a minimum. This allows the school to at least pay through the use of fees on tuition a good part on the sports.
      Duke University to D2.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Comment

By the way, Duke has an enrollment of over 16k, not sure where you got your statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            By the way, Duke has an enrollment of over 16k, not sure where you got your statistics.
            Equity in Athletics site referenced in another thread. Duke is at about 6,500 undergrad.

Comment

Equity in Athletics site referenced in another thread. Duke is at about 6,500 undergrad.
              My thoughts are total enrollment of 10k which Duke easily has on top of having sound financial backing.

My 10k student assessment was so there would be enough student fees to soften the cost of D1. Just a thought. As of now, there are no prerequisites. Just get an invitation from a D1 conference and bring your cash.

Comment

Any Augie peeps out there hearing anything news wise on a conference offer?

Comment

I was at the regional baseball games today. Nothing new from anyone I talked to.

Comment

Nothing new. I believe the plan remains 19-20 and 20-21 in the NSIC and D1/Summit in 21-22.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                      Nothing new. I believe the plan remains 19-20 and 20-21 in the NSIC and D1/Summit in 21-22.
                      Is there a sense of a need to impress around the fandom? Like the stands need to be filled at all times in case summit reps are around?

Comment

Is there a sense of a need to impress around the fandom? Like the stands need to be filled at all times in case summit reps are around?
                        They need to order more hatpins. I went to the bookstore before the game and tried to buy one for my collection, but they were all out. Both of the women who worked there felt bad and even looked in the back for one.

Pretty good crowd last night. Big comeback for Augie to win 12-10 after trailing 6-0.

Comment

OT- auggie softball is just one out away from winning a natty...

Comment

Congrats to Augustana Softball on their national championship! Way to represent the NSIC!!

Comment

Winning a softball NC helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                                Congrats to Augustana Softball on their national championship! Way to represent the NSIC!!
                                A lot of sweet Minnesota girls on the team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X