Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Augie d1 thread

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    I feel this in my bones!! Don't let anyone make ya feel bad for wanting more for your school, nit saying anyone here in particular is attempting to do that, but on the whole any mention of going up is almost immediately met with naysayers.
    People who think being an also-ran in D1 isn't "more" shouldn't be made to feel bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      People who think being an also-ran in D1 isn't "more" shouldn't be made to feel bad either.
      Agree. Not to mention the large financial commitment needed on an ongoing basis.

Comment

I read a "listicle" online that stated that Augustana grads are generally looked down upon by the greater SF community - mainly by the large population of USD/SDSU people.

It's hardly scientific, but I always wondered if that was true or not. If so, it could explain the media stuff

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I read a "listicle" online that stated that Augustana grads are generally looked down upon by the greater SF community - mainly by the large population of USD/SDSU people.

It's hardly scientific, but I always wondered if that was true or not. If so, it could explain the media stuff
          I read that the average Coyote and Jackrabbit fans are taller than the average Viking fan. So it is physically possible..........

Comment

As far as schools making the move from D2 to D1, add Bellarmine to the list:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...g-atlantic-sun

Bellarmine, who does not have football, is moving to Division I beginning with the 2020-21 school year and will become a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The school will compete this year for a final season in the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference.

Comment

After listening to the Bison AD speak about what was discussed at the Summit meetings, I think it's pretty much a done deal for Augie to be in the Summit and soon. Nothing concrete came out of his mouth but as he spoke about what the Summit looks for as far as fit, Augie seemingly checks all the boxes.

He also said something about how the Bison game versus Butler is a bigger deal than SJU/UST (no direct quote) but I find it hard to believe that the Bison/Butler game will get more than 37,000+ people.
              Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 07-23-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Purdue University Fort Wayne (formerly IPFW) is announcing Tuesday that they are leaving the Summit for the Horizon. UMKC is heading back to the Summit after failing in the WAC. Augie will make a fine 10th team until Western Illinois pulls out at some point.
                Last edited by zimmy21; 08-06-2019, 04:40 PM. Reason: Brain Fart said Horizon meant Summit

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                  Purdue University Fort Wayne (formerly IPFW) is announcing Tuesday that they are leaving the Summit for the Horizon. UMKC is heading back to the Horizon after failing in the WAC. Augie will make a fine 10th team until Western Illinois pulls out at some point.
                  UMKC is going back to the Summit, not the Horizon.

From an Omaha World-Herald article:

This is the second time in a little more than two years that a school has left the Summit for the Horizon.

Since 1994, the Horizon has taken 10 schools from the Summit (or its predecessor, the Mid-Continent). Ten of the Horizon's 11 members (all but Northern Kentucky, including Fort Wayne) are former Summit institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                    UMKC is going back to the Summit, not the Horizon.

From an Omaha World-Herald article:

This is the second time in a little more than two years that a school has left the Summit for the Horizon.

Since 1994, the Horizon has taken 10 schools from the Summit (or its predecessor, the Mid-Continent). Ten of the Horizon's 11 members (all but Northern Kentucky, including Fort Wayne) are former Summit institutions.
                    Yes thanks you, not sure why I typed that! Thanks

Comment

Augie and maybe St Thomas will be much needed additions to the Summit.

Comment

Suddenly, it does not look like Augie will be invited to join the Summit.

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/...ng-yet/926072/

Would the WAC be an option?

Comment

Summit will have a meeting in November.

https://letsgodu.com/2019/08/13/cozy...ver-augustana/

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkingdog View Post
                            Suddenly, it does not look like Augie will be invited to join the Summit.

https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2019/...ng-yet/926072/

Would the WAC be an option?
                            I'm not super worried about his comments. Ultimately it's not the athletic directors who decide, it's the presidents. Yes, the ADs give input, but it's probably smart for Herbster to be as anti-Augie as possible in public (to please his program's fanbase) knowing in the end, to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't actually have authority in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              I'm not super worried about his comments. Ultimately it's not the athletic directors who decide, it's the presidents. Yes, the ADs give input, but it's probably smart for Herbster to be as anti-Augie as possible in public (to please his program's fanbase) knowing in the end, to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't actually have authority in the matter.
                              That's how I read it. It's reasonable for him to feel that way. In addition, it's a smart tactical move.

Comment

If the conference had their choice of Augustana or St Thomas how do you think they would vote? Would they invite both?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X