Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    Watching the Vikings game on SNF. CJ Ham got the start tonight so he could say "Augustana". Nice to see a NSIC player on here.

I hate it when they say their high school instead of their college. Who do they think that they are, Moses Malone?
    It has to be really annoying for the schools that that have only produced 1 or 2 NFL players.

But more importantly how fun is it to watch him block tonight? So glad hes a Viking.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Not sure why Reusse took a break from yelling at clouds to get on this beat but, yeah, sure.This fits the previously laid out timeline of gaining an invite to a D1 conference by December 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Not sure why Reusse took a break from yelling at clouds to get on this beat but, yeah, sure.This fits the previously laid out timeline of gaining an invite to a D1 conference by December 2020.
          Reusse actually had three good columns on MSU in one week. One on the two headed QB, one on the two Germans playing Mav hockey, and now one on Goettl going to New York. Must be in the Christmas spirit.

So here we are- the gang and all- sorry, for a second I started thinking about the opening lines of the Buffalo Lake Lakers school song which happen to be identical to the SCSU school song- but with a different melody. Anyway- Dec. 10th and we are waiting for an announcement from Augie that yes, the Summit does accept them. I think that the NCAA decision on the Tommies comes in January. All of this excitement.........

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Reusse actually had three good columns on MSU in one week. One on the two headed QB, one on the two Germans playing Mav hockey, and now one on Goettl going to New York. Must be in the Christmas spirit.

So here we are- the gang and all- sorry, for a second I started thinking about the opening lines of the Buffalo Lake Lakers school song which happen to be identical to the SCSU school song- but with a different melody. Anyway- Dec. 10th and we are waiting for an announcement from Augie that yes, the Summit does accept them. I think that the NCAA decision on the Tommies comes in January. All of this excitement.........
            Lots of changes ahead for the NSIC. I believe all for the better as unfortunate as it is for individuals

Comment

• It's been awfully quiet on the D1 front. Has anyone heard anything about any activity or movement on this issue? It's tough for those of us who live well beyond the Sioux Empire to get a feel for what's going on. The less chatter I hear the more I'm beginning to think there's merit to the St. Thomas-took-Augie's-place argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                It's been awfully quiet on the D1 front. Has anyone heard anything about any activity or movement on this issue? It's tough for those of us who live well beyond the Sioux Empire to get a feel for what's going on. The less chatter I hear the more I'm beginning to think there's merit to the St. Thomas-took-Augie's-place argument.
                There was an article I read that basically says there is a strong likelyhood that St. Thomas will be granted their D1 move with it being treated the same as moving D2 to D1. Announcement likely in April (I think). It went on to discuss if the conference will be set and happy with the even number of teams and if that would leave Augie out in the cold. It asked if the conference would be happy with even teams or would they like to solidify with another team (Augie would certainly help in "non-major" sports). It didnt answer what UST is doing about football so certainly this was more of an opinion piece with some information from people who have knowledge of the NCAA operations.

So...basically nothing new though it seems Sseemhomas will be a lock. If Augie is added undoubtedly they would like to add another school somehow to get back to an even amount of schools in hoops.

It is too bad St. Cloud is in such a bad state of affairs because without the weight of football they would be a nice fit. However, this is only going to bring laughter to those who have been following along. Mankato is certainly the best situated to make such a move but they would have to get through Laker first and not to mention the mnscu or whichever one they are apart of. I dont know how they find another school around here. Perhaps there is someone out in the other areas of the Summit.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  It is too bad St. Cloud is in such a bad state of affairs because without the weight of football they would be a nice fit. However, this is only going to bring laughter to those who have been following along. Mankato is certainly the best situated to make such a move but they would have to get through Laker first and not to mention the mnscu or whichever one they are apart of. I dont know how they find another school around here. Perhaps there is someone out in the other areas of the Summit.
                  I'd love to have State U comment on the SCSU situation because he loves to still the pot, but he probably feels that the entire SCSU sewer is plugged. They announced their men's soccer head coach today- but I got no answer when I asked when their schedule will come out, how many scholarships they will have and how much travel is going to cost. Mary dropped men's soccer due to travel costs and difficulties in scheduling other D2 schools.

MSU lacks a modern football stadium and until that problem is solved a mover won't happen. Unless they drop football and then I will disown them. That happened the year after I graduated from there and luckily the sport made a comeback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                    It's been awfully quiet on the D1 front. Has anyone heard anything about any activity or movement on this issue? It's tough for those of us who live well beyond the Sioux Empire to get a feel for what's going on. The less chatter I hear the more I'm beginning to think there's merit to the St. Thomas-took-Augie's-place argument.
                    While I understand how the lack of noise may come off from a distance, it's absolutely still happening. Nothing I've heard or seen has made me believe the previously publicized goal of obtaining a D1 conference invite by December 2020 is unrealistic.

As difficult as it may be for the general public to contain their thirst, Augie benefits greatly from keeping this process on the down low...... NOBODY HAS TO KNOW. I remain completely confident they will go Pioneer League for football, TBD for the extremely successful wrestling program, and Summit League for everything else.

Comment

TBD for the extremely successful wrestling program
                      If the Big 12 has room for a 13th wrestling team, that's the most likely landing spot.

Comment

While I understand how the lack of noise may come off from a distance, it's absolutely still happening. Nothing I've heard or seen has made me believe the previously publicized goal of obtaining a D1 conference invite by December 2020 is unrealistic.

As difficult as it may be for the general public to contain their thirst, Augie benefits greatly from keeping this process on the down low...... NOBODY HAS TO KNOW. I remain completely confident they will go Pioneer League for football, TBD for the extremely successful wrestling program, and Summit League for everything else.
                        OK R Kelly

Comment

Living in Sioux Falls and having friends who aren't far from the situation, I'd completely agree with this assessment.

I get the feeling football would ideally like to head down the road with SDSU and USD but that the funding isn't likely. It would take a few years to build the program through increased scholarships to truly compete at that level, but I think the Vikings could draw really well at home if that ever did happen.

That said, from a football standpoint the Pioneer league seems like the safe bet.

It seems that Augie has looked to offer enough information to the public to reassure of their intentions of moving to D1 while not being continually transparent regarding each step of the process. The St. Thomas thing is likely a minor setback for quick entry in the Summit, but long term will offer another new school in the conference just like Augie. I'd be shocked if they didn't land in the Summit.

Comment

• Augustana has an undergrad enrollment of 1,600 and an endowment of only $67million. It's my understanding this D1 move will be funded by Sanford money. If that Sanford money dries up what does Augustana do?

Comment

• Originally posted by doolittledog View Post
                              Augustana has an undergrad enrollment of 1,600 and an endowment of only $67million. It's my understanding this D1 move will be funded by Sanford money. If that Sanford money dries up what does Augustana do?
                              Do people really think an athletic department with numerous people that have D1 experience would not consider the associated costs before announcing a plan to move to D1? Obviously some people hope Augie fails spectacularly and that's fine, to each their own. Just because Augie has not publicized it doesnt mean a plan to raise the necessary financial resources doesnt exist.

Comment

Extremely successful wrestling program? Did you mean extremely average? When is the last time they won a conference title?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X