Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Extremely successful wrestling program? Did you mean extremely average? When is the last time they won a conference title?
    I've noticed those most critical of Augustana's impending move on this forum have names like yours, non committal to any particular school. Makes it easier to take shots when hiding behind an ubiquitous name.

Comment

Extremely successful wrestling program? Did you mean extremely average? When is the last time they won a conference title?
      When was the last time anyone other than St. Cloud won it? Maybe then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post

When was the last time anyone other than St. Cloud won it? Maybe then.
        This still doesn't answer the question, but SCSU clinched their 9th straight title when they beat Augie. This article is from before that match.

https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2020/2/...mpionship.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I've noticed those most critical of Augustana's impending move on this forum have names like yours, non committal to any particular school. Makes it easier to take shots when hiding behind an ubiquitous name.
          It's not a shot at Augustana's wrestling program. It's a shot at an inaccurate comment. Softball, baseball, and both basketball programs are extremely successful, there's no question. Back up your comment if you think the wrestling program is in that conversation. Don't whine about someone bagging on Augie when something dumb is stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

This still doesn't answer the question, but SCSU clinched their 9th straight title when they beat Augie. This article is from before that match.

Too soon, laker :).

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

what actually makes me a bit nervous about the wresting program is the memory of what happened at the University of Nebraska Omaha. UNO was a dominant D-II wresting program similar to how SCSU has been recently. UNO killed the wrestling program, notifying the coach and the team on the same evening they won yet another national championship. I don't trust the SCSU program is remotely safe at this point.
              THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

• Living in Nebraska I was shocked when they sacked the National Champion wrestling program the night of the win and the football program as well. Unfortunately not a whole lot of people in NE. cared in this Cornhusker dominated State. When SCSU dropped FB I thought about their proud wrestling program.

Comment

I was referring to this season where they have beaten teams ranked 2, 23, 17, 10, and 17. Im not a huge wrestling fan, outside of knowing better than to cross Tom Meester, but that seems like a pretty successful season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I was referring to this season where they have beaten teams ranked 2, 23, 17, 10, and 17. Im not a huge wrestling fan, outside of knowing better than to cross Tom Meester, but that seems like a pretty successful season.
                    No argument there. Meester was an absolute stud.

Comment

• Kind of surprised there hasn't been any chatter re: the interviews (podcasts for me) on KWSN yesterday with the Summit League commissioner, and the athletic directors from Augustana and USD.

I lost track of the number of times "uphill battle" was used. I don't think "brimming with enthusiasm" is how you would describe any of the interviews.

The one bit of information that was new, at least to me, was that Augie has formally applied for membership and that a site visit and a decision is expected this May. A lot may depend on what the NCAA decides with St. Thomas, which is expected in March.

Wouldn't be surprised if Augie is a longtime member of the NSIC, based on the tone of those interviews, or maybe I'm reading too much into them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                        Kind of surprised there hasn't been any chatter re: the interviews (podcasts for me) on KWSN yesterday with the Summit League commissioner, and the athletic directors from Augustana and USD.

I lost track of the number of times "uphill battle" was used. I don't think "brimming with enthusiasm" is how you would describe any of the interviews.

The one bit of information that was new, at least to me, was that Augie has formally applied for membership and that a site visit and a decision is expected this May. A lot may depend on what the NCAA decides with St. Thomas, which is expected in March.

Wouldn't be surprised if Augie is a longtime member of the NSIC, based on the tone of those interviews, or maybe I'm reading too much into them.
                        I missed it until just now. Obviously the article is written in a way that isnt exactly friendly to Augie's move. But I mean do you really believe Tom Douple has never been on Augstana's campus?

If any mid major conference, much less the Summit, can get St Thomas they absolutely should. They have had the D1 resources and location for decades. Either way I remain confident Augie will be in the Summit in the fall of 2021.

Comment

• It is my belief as well that AU will be a member of the Summit league in 2021. It's understandable why the league is licking their chops over St Thomas who I believe would use the Summit as a stepping stone to a better league..Augustana is not a commuter school such as UNO or UMKC and has plenty of local financial support, which will grow with move.
                          https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2020/...invite/991736/

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            It is my belief as well that AU will be a member of the Summit league in 2021. It's understandable why the league is licking their chops over St Thomas who I believe would use the Summit as a stepping stone to a better league..Augustana is not a commuter school such as UNO or UMKC and has plenty of local financial support, which will grow with move.
                            https://kwsn.com/news/articles/2020/...invite/991736/
                            Wish I could be as optimistic as you guys, but, boy, did Douple go out of his way to emphasize the negative about Augie. He works for the conference presidents, and I can only guess he's passing along what he has ben told. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X